• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

New Rules of Conduct (in-game)

RULES OF CONDUCT version 1.1 7/29/2015

Art+Craft Entertainment, Inc.

In-Game Rules of Conduct

Crowfall is a game centered on immersive group and faction-based PvP conflict. Therefore, it is to be expected that players will be entrenched in a hard-hitting, ferociously competitive in-game experience.  In the midst of winning and losing, emotions can and will run high. 

It is also to be expected that certain other aspects of conflict, including espionage and betrayal, will feature heavily in the tactics employed by players. So long as such activities are undertaken within the parameters set forth by the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct—meaning that no exploits or other abuses of Art+Craft’s rules and policies occur—it is considered appropriate play.

Specifically, the elements below are allowed in-game, so long as the context is within the in-game conflict:

• ridicule, mock, taunt, stalk, threaten, harass, betray, scam, intimidate or abuse

NOTE:

• No elements of speech related to race, ethnicity, religion, country of origin and/or lifestyle preference are allowed in-game.
  • If any of these behaviors/actions can be reasonably seen to be directed or intended outside of the in-game roleplaying context, the Rules of Conduct will apply.
  • All other prohibited behaviors, such as using exploits or making real world threats (as noted in the General Rules of Conduct) are still considered actionable offenses and may result in disciplinary action against your game account.

In consideration of the in-game atmosphere we anticipate, we will be more lenient on language used within the game world. Players will have the option of tuning out harsh language or communication by specific players by using the Chat Filter and/or Ignore function.

If you are disciplined within the in-game environment for violations of Art+Craft policies and/or rules that result in suspension of your game access, you will lose access to the Communication Channels in addition to the game environment while your suspension is active. Permanent suspension will include the forfeit of any pledges or Crowfall store credits associated with the account.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

The in-game rules are in addition to the General Rules of Conduct, so it's a good idea to review those too.  We're very interested in constructive feedback on where to draw the lines on in-game behaviors so that we get plenty of great conflict while keeping it to the in-game context.

"Specifically, the elements below are allowed in-game, so long as the context is within the in-game conflict:

ridicule, mock, taunt, stalk, threaten, harass, betray, scam, intimidate or abuse"

Cool, I will be sticking around... perhaps not so much on the main forums as offsite forums continue to grow. Thank you for finally getting these out Gordon, you can keep my money :)

Edited by Adall

Cool, I will be sticking around... perhaps not so much on the main forums as offsite forums continue to grow. Thank you for finally getting these out Gordon, you can keep my money :)

I'm just as interested in feedback so don't be shy about that!  I'm excited about the fan created forums for folks who are looking for a more rambunctious environment too.

I'm just as interested in feedback so don't be shy about that!  I'm excited about the fan created forums for folks who are looking for a more rambunctious environment too.

Take it as though I 100% agree with these per the confines of the game.

I thought it would be handy to explain what the words actually mean:

• Ridicule - The subjection of someone or something to contemptuous and dismissive language or behavior.
  • Mock - Tease or laugh at in a scornful or contemptuous manner.
  • Taunt - A remark made in order to anger, wound, or provoke someone.
  • Stalk - Pursue or approach stealthily.
  • Threaten - State one's intention to take hostile action against someone in retribution for something done or not done.
  • Harass - Subject to aggressive pressure or intimidation.
  • Betray - Expose (one's country, a group, or a person) to danger by treacherously giving information to an enemy.
  • Scam - A dishonest scheme; a fraud.
  • Intimidate - Frighten or overawe (someone), especially in order to make them do what one wants.
  • Abuse - Use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse.

Edit: Also an important part:

Specifically, the elements below are allowed in-game, so long as the context is within the in-game conflict.
Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

If scamming is allowed in game, and VIP is going to be something you can trade in game, this could pose a problem.  Thoughts on this?

We'll have a trade window like most games that makes it clear what is being traded.  If someone talks you into some verbal agreement and scams you in-game, it's really a buyer beware situation.

We'll have a trade window like most games that makes it clear what is being traded.  If someone talks you into some verbal agreement and scams you in-game, it's really a buyer beware situation.

These rules are fine and leaves it up to the players to form ways to provide trusted methods such as middlemen, trading circles, and a way to log transactions and feedback.

I think these "in game" RoC are fair and appropriate.  

I can also see them causing a disconnect.   Folks that come to the "official" forums will see the game and player behavior portrayed one way and throw money.  Sure that is the intent.   Lots is needed to build a game.  And there are those that would not back a game that will not support 

• ridicule, mock, taunt, stalk, threaten, harass, betray, scam, intimidate or abuse"

if it is allowed in an "in game" enviorment.  And visa versa.  Some may stop by the forum and never take another look if they believe the forum is portraying the game to be gonzo ish.  

Imagine the surprise of the former group when they get in game .  Terror  (  I love it! )  

I guess " buyer beware"   applies to all things , not just  trades and out of game transactions.  

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I think these "in game" RoC are fair and appropriate.  

I can also see them causing a disconnect.   Folks that come to the "official" forums will see the game and player behavior portrayed one way and throw money.  Sure that is the intent.   Lots is needed to build a game.  And there are those that would not back a game that will not support 

• ridicule, mock, taunt, stalk, threaten, harass, betray, scam, intimidate or abuse"

if it is allowed in an "in game" enviorment.  And visa versa.  Some may stop by the forum and never take another look if they believe the forum is portraying the game to be gonzo ish.  

Imagine the surprise of the former group when they get in game .  Terror  (  I love it! )  

I guess " buyer beware"   applies to all things , not just  trades and out of game transactions.  

Well its up to the player to read these rules. They can see the forum rules and they can see the in game rules. Safe to assume the in game rules will be posted right next to the forum rules like they are now. Its up to the player to get informed about the game from the info provided.

Specifically, the elements below are allowed in-game, so long as the context is within the in-game conflict:

• ridicule, mock, taunt, stalk, threaten, harass, betray, scam, intimidate or abuse

That is an unenforceable rule. This is stating "yes you can say all of this and we have absolutely NO way to prove your intent." However, it seems you still are going to arbitrarily discipline players.

NOTE:

• No elements of speech related to race, ethnicity, religion, country of origin and/or lifestyle preference are allowed in-game.
  • If any of these behaviors/actions can be reasonably seen to be directed or intended outside of the in-game roleplaying context, the Rules of Conduct will apply.

You all need to clarify this as speech or ABUSIVE speech? Because if people want to get to know each other we are all going to naturally talk about ourselves which include all of those subjects.

This "reasonably seen" wordage gives me the feelings lawyers helped with the CoC  ;)

Edited by Keaggan

Well its up to the player to read these rules. They can see the forum rules and they can see the in game rules. Safe to assume the in game rules will be posted right next to the forum rules like they are now. Its up to the player to get informed about the game from the info provided.

Question.   Why would any player THINK that the in game RoC were any different than that of the forum if the accounts are linked.

And I know ignorance is never an excuse however, I doubt very many ever read any RoC's until they have a reason to :)

Edited by ellie

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Question.   Why would any player THINK that the in game RoC were any different that the forum if the accounts were linked.

And I know ignorance is never an excuse however, I doubt very many ever read any RoC's until they have a reason to :)

Possibly because the forum rules may point to the in game rules? Also if not many read the the rules anyways then could also ask why would they think the rules are all the same?

I don't think just because you may assume or you may prefer that rules are all the same that you should assume everyone else will assume the same as well.

Yes...in a perfect world that will apply. But this is the internet age and all of about .1% of people will read the rules. 

So they should just make all the rules the exact same because some won't/don't read about the game they are going to play? Ok...

Edited by pang

Possibly because the forum rules may point to the in game rules? Also if not many read the the rules anyways then could also ask why would they think the rules are all the same?

I don't think just because you may assume or you may prefer that rules are all the same that you should assume everyone else will assume the same as well.

Isn't that the point of the is discussion? To ascertain what the collective thinks and acquire feedback so as to implement the strongest narrative? AKA "Ace is promoting a specific environment and this is what it will look like." 

So they should just make all the rules the exact same because some won't/don't read about the game they are going to play? Ok...

Are you asking or telling? I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. 

One would assume ( and in this case ,, incorrectly ) that because the forum account IS tied to the in game account, that they would be the same.  Silly I know.....but that would be the natural thing to think.  

Isn't that the point of the is discussion? To ascertain what the collective thinks and acquire feedback so as to implement the strongest narrative? AKA "Ace is promoting a specific environment and this is what it will look like." 

Are you asking or telling? I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. 

I'm saying just because some chose to not read the rules shouldn't be a reason to not have separate rules for separate parts of the "game".

So yes they need to clearly and visibly post the rules for both the forums and the game so people know there is a difference. But as you state if not many read the actual rules then whats the solution?

One would assume ( and in this case ,, incorrectly ) that because the forum account IS tied to the in game account, that they would be the same.  Silly I know.....but that would be the natural thing to think.  

Don't agree. Its common to have different rules for different parts and services of the overall game. When I get into a game I read up on all the rules and get info so I don't in-correctly assume things about the game.

But whats your solution then? They clearly want and will have separate rules so how do they make sure there is no disconnect as you say.