Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

New Rules of Conduct (in-game)

Don't agree. Its common to have different rules for different parts and services of the overall game. When I get into a game I read up on all the rules and get info so I don't in-correctly assume things about the game.

But whats your solution then? They clearly want and will have separate rules so how do they make sure there is no disconnect as you say.

I really don't think you can, but I don't see much need for the distance between both worlds. We have a language filter and an ignore feature here... I don't see the difference finding someone a moron in game or on the forums, but I have to treat them as two entirely different worlds.

I really don't think you can, but I don't see much need for the distance between both worlds. We have a language filter and an ignore feature here... I don't see the difference finding someone a moron in game or on the forums, but I have to treat them as two entirely different worlds.

Yeah i think this is where we will never really agree or see eye to eye on. My enjoyment of the game doesn't depend on what i can or can't do on the forums. If I want to flame or call out or w/e is allowed as per the rules in OP I do it in game and don't need to do it on the forums.

Thats why as Ive said having multiple forums to go to is a good thing. You'll have your own site to do that stuff.

Yeah i think this is where we will never really agree or see eye to eye on. My enjoyment of the game doesn't depend on what i can or can't do on the forums. If I want to flame or call out or w/e is allowed as per the rules in OP I do it in game and don't need to do it on the forums.

Thats why as Ive said having multiple forums to go to is a good thing. You'll have your own site to do that stuff.

Aye, calling out someone in game is good for small engagements, but the real battles usually come from long-time hammered banter between two parties...the political game.

If I plan on draggin you through the gravel, I want to do it on the front lawn in front of the whole neighborhood. This game plans on having temporary worlds, so I'm more than willing to bet certain groups and guilds will carry with them a reputation. The legacies of battles past, and the tension of the present is what makes people log on for those large sieges. It was pretty prevalent in a lot of the classic HC games, and the forums housed the banter. It was as much of the game as the game was itself. Gordon and Todd know this from UO and SB, and Pann coming from a place like EvE online would know how big politics, rivalries, and networking still is.

But as you say, we have our own home now. We shall see how unofficials for that kind of environment suits a game such as this.

Aye, calling out someone in game is good for small engagements, but the real battles usually come from long-time hammered banter between two parties...the political game.

Does anything stops you from playing this political game in the game itself? Does it have to take place on the official forums? What is the reason why you think this should be played on forums alone?

What if we would have some sort of notice board in-game where you can advertise you colorful banter and threats? I would actually prefer something in-game over forums. What I have in mind is something like in the Witcher 3, the boards where you can pick up contracts and can also find some lore, except these baords would be filled with wanted posters, war declarations and such.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

If I plan on draggin you through the gravel, I want to do it on the front lawn in front of the whole neighborhood. This game plans on having temporary worlds, so I'm more than willing to bet certain groups and guilds will carry with them a reputation. The legacies of battles past, and the tension of the present is what makes people log on for those large sieges. It was pretty prevalent in a lot of the classic HC games, and the forums housed the banter. It was as much of the game as the game was itself. Gordon and Todd know this from UO and SB, and Pann coming from a place like EvE online would know how big politics, rivalries, and networking still is.

But as you say, we have our own home now. We shall see how unofficials for that kind of environment suits a game such as this.

Yeah i don't disagree with any of that, smack talk and the political stuff is important. I just prefer to do most of it in game where it can have a more immediate effect on the game play. Too much gets lost when stuff gets personal in forum posts IMO. But i still feel like the official forums can still be a place for that as well, we'll see how it goes I guess when ACE introduces the guild or invite only sections they talked about.

Edited by pang

Does anything stops you from playing this political game in the game itself? Does it have to take place on the official forums? What is the reason why you think this should be played on forums alone?

I don't want to insult you here by asking or inferring your gaming history, but different mediums of communication are suitable for the different types of information you are trying to communicate. Chat, Forums, VOIP, and in-game chat all serve a different purpose for guilds and organizations. It has been rare to have to go off official forums for the 'front lawn' kind of smack that PVP games usually house. I'm sure there's some archives out there from SB, UO, DAOC, or hell even the new ones like AoC or DF you can sift through if yer truly curious.

What if we would have some sort of notice board in-game where you can advertise you colorful banter and threats? I would actually prefer something in-game over forums. What I have in mind is something like in the Witcher 3, the boards where you can pick up contracts and can also find some lore, except these baords would be filled with wanted posters, war declarations and such.

IJF09VR.jpg

Perhaps once the game is released the forums may be brought in line to be closer to in game... it's always an option available to ACE if they feel it is worth it. 

It wouldn't make sense right now for the forums to allow toxic behavior though because they are trying to build a game right now...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

No one is advocating for toxic behavior.   Just a closer relationship between in game and forums.   Since they are linked and all.

Edit:  Sure it is ACE's game.  But I am sure there is at least one dev on the team that sees how the 2 are connected.   The very connection between forum and game is what helped foster the loyalty to his first game and helped maintain it's spirit all these years.  I would think that same loyalty would be wanted in CF.

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

No one is advocating for toxic behavior.   Just a closer relationship between in game and forums.   Since they are linked and all.

But that's really the key difference, is the ability to be toxic in game as long as it is game related... It is no longer considered toxic there and just part of what the game is about...

Right now that kind of behavior would be considered toxic on the forums because there is no game related to be had yet... and it would ultimately be detrimental as it would drive off a lot of people for no reason at a stage of development where it's better to have people trying to help build the game and share their ideas. 

But that's really the key difference, is the ability to be toxic in game as long as it is game related... It is no longer considered toxic there and just part of what the game is about...

Right now that kind of behavior would be considered toxic on the forums because there is no game related to be had yet... and it would ultimately be detrimental as it would drive off a lot of people for no reason at a stage of development where it's better to have people trying to help build the game and share their ideas. 

I would argue that everything on this board is game related, including current player groups deciding what camp they might sit it come release.

If they truly wanted to have this board for 100% development, they should shut down anything outside of News and Announcements, General Discussion, Suggestion Forum and Community Q&A. What purpose does a guild recruitment forum serve, or an area to talk about other games if people are supposed to focus 100% on the development of Crowfall. (I am in favor of this to be honest, as it really seems they don't want to build much of the community right now given that they want a pacified community until the game is released).

Edited by Adall

I would argue that everything on this board is game related, including current player groups deciding what camp they might sit it come release.

If they truly wanted to have this board for 100% development, they should shut down anything outside of News and Announcements, General Discussion, Suggestion Forum and Community Q&A. What purpose does a guild recruitment forum serve, or an area to talk about other games if people are supposed to focus 100% on the development of Crowfall. (I am in favor of this to be honest, as it really seems they don't want to build much of the community right now given that they want a pacified community until the game is released).

They wanted a better signal to noise ratio, their #1 priority right now has to be making the game and making it well.  They wanted an environment that would be welcoming to people who wish to share their input on the game...

They don't seem to want a pacified community, they just want the community to behave in a way that helps them rather than bogs them down with negativity and drama while they try to make a game. 

• No elements of speech related to race, ethnicity, religion, country of origin and/or lifestyle preference are allowed in-game.
  • If any of these behaviors/actions can be reasonably seen to be directed or intended outside of the in-game roleplaying context, the Rules of Conduct will apply.

Since we have ingame races, religions and countries the first sentence should be clarified even if there is a second supplementary one. The second doesn't make the first one vanish nor allows to speak about ingame races, religions, countries.

I don't think that the "speech" has to be limited to abusive ones, since things like religious recruitments wouldn't be included then - but imho don't need to have a place in a game.

Rest is fine. Nice new rules. Thanks. :)

No elements of speech related to race, ethnicity, religion, country of origin and/or lifestyle preference are allowed in-game

I can't make fun of americans for being fat, frenchies for eating frog legs, russians always being drunk, chinese people being zergs, etc.? Come on, man :(

Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Edited by macavity

7ug90hM.png

I can't make fun of americans for being fat, frenchies for eating frog legs, russians always being drunk, chinese people being zergs, etc.? Come on, man :(

Other than that, it looks pretty good.

I somewhat I agree with you regarding this. But, where does a joke of something funny stop and when does something become racist? It's a big grey area imo and it's impossible for ACE to draw a proper line here. Think it's better to not allow it instead.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I agree, there's a difference between playing the game and playing the forums. Since there is no game at the moment, the only place people can correspond to are the forums and if that area is being used for "toxic behaviour" right now then, you've practically forced a type of mentality on people that are new or want to participant in the development. Some individuals could argue that they 'want' to force this mentality, for instance the aspect of "hardcore", but other than this term being misrepresented, it's not a good method for obtaining new 'customers' and it's not the correct place and time to conduct it. 

Edited by zero2none

Do statements of intent to skull custard or Gank (non-consensual sex) a player while in-game count as acceptable "threats" and "harassment"? 

No sarcasm or joking intended here; I really want to know Tyrant's answer.

Iri~

edited: I shall ever more refer to checkyotrack as "checkyophrasing"

Edited by Iridian ShadowWeaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.