Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

New Rules of Conduct (in-game)

Do statements of intent to skull custard or Gank (non-consensual sex) a player while in-game count as acceptable "threats" and "harassment"? 

No sarcasm or joking intended here; I really want to know Tyrant's answer.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gank

Gank? You mean grape without the G?

BT Dubs, I think skull custard just became a thing in game.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gank

Gank? You mean grape without the G?

BT Dubs, I think skull custard just became a thing in game.

Gank = Grape without  "g"  in the forum filter. That's what I mean. 

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Do statements of intent to skull custard or Gank (non-consensual sex) a player while in-game count as acceptable "threats" and "harassment"? 

No sarcasm or joking intended here; I really want to know Tyrant's answer.

Relaxed rules on profanity does not mean no limits on profanity.  We will strongly encourage people with sensitivity to language to use the chat filter and to use ignore functionality.  But can you still chat things that end up beyond our tolerance limit, I'd say from my prior experience.  You'd have to work at it, but I'm sure it's well within some folks range of expression.

Also in our western society, some language is now labeled as hate speech, which creates potential liability when allowed by a business in a venue.  Which is why so many things are in the rules of conduct, because we can't allow our company (or game) to be open to that liability... nor do we want to our brand to be defined as a game that allows open threats of forced sexual intercourse.  You can't engage in forced sexual intercourse as an in-game action; so, it's clearly not part of the game fantasy.  Same for any derogatory real-world racial or ethnic slur.  We can talk about in-game races in horrible ways, but moving it to real-world races breaks that boundary. 

Gank (which is not profanity) and custard (the actual profane term) will be allowed in-game.  Terms for 'forced sexual intercourse' will not be allowed.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

I didn't read it yet, but consider a strict anti-hacking in-game policy/topic please.

I'm aware that's part of 'testing' in alpha/beta stages is to discover exploits (bad codes) - to fix it before the main launch though. I also advise Artcraft to perhaps give a small amount of $ as a loyalty reward for players to discover in-game breaking exploits to help to improve the overall game and progress.

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Relaxed rules on profanity does not mean no limits on profanity.  We will strongly encourage people with sensitivity to language to use the chat filter and to use ignore functionality.  But can you still chat things that end up beyond our tolerance limit, I'd say from my prior experience.  You'd have to work at it, but I'm sure it's well within some folks range of expression.

Also in our western society, some language is now labeled as hate speech, which creates potential liability when allowed by a business in a venue.  Which is why so many things are in the rules of conduct, because we can't allow our company (or game) to be open to that liability... nor do we want to our brand to be defined as a game that allows open threats of forced sexual intercourse.  You can't engage in forced sexual intercourse as an in-game action; so, it's clearly not part of the game fantasy.  Same for any derogatory real-world racial or ethnic slur.  We can talk about in-game races in horrible ways, but moving it to real-world races breaks that boundary. 

Gank (which is not profanity) and custard (the actual profane term) will be allowed in-game.  Terms for 'forced sexual intercourse' will not be allowed.

Hi Tyrant, 

"Gank" is your forum filter term for non-consensual sexual acts. That's the "Ganking" I'm talking about. Not "ganking" lowercase, which has an entirely different meaning and is an entirely acceptable action in a game. 

Good info. Thanks for the succinct reply. I'm happy to know that you won't allow some forms of violent speech. It sucks to have someone threaten to assault your character in-game, kinda ruins the fun for this girl. 

I suppose we will have an ignore function in game as well? 

Iri~

Edited by Iridian ShadowWeaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Hi Tyrant, 

"Gank" is your forum filter term for non-consensual sexual acts. That's the "Ganking" I'm talking about. Not "ganking" lowercase, which has an entirely different meaning and is an entirely acceptable action in a game. 

Good info. Thanks for the succinct reply. I'm happy to know that you won't allow some forms of violent speech. It sucks to have someone threaten to assault your character in-game, kinds ruins the fun for this girl. 

I suppose we will have an ignore function in game as well? 

Iri~

Yes, we will have an ignore function for sure.  We want people to moderate their own experience.  Shunning irritates people who seek attention through their negative texting. 

Hug.

no, dont change something negative into something positive... it'll skew the whole meaning of a post..

like the expression for telling someone he's mentally handicapped is changed into "wonderful". (<-- that should be changed too pls)

It needs to be an uncommon word, that makes no sense in the used context, so it can be easily distinguished as a filter.

I'm fine with butter

Edited by freeze

no, dont change something negative into something positive... it'll skew the whole meaning of a post..

like the expression for telling someone he's mentally handicapped is changed into "wonderful". (<-- that should be changed too pls)

It needs to be an uncommon word, that makes no sense in the used context, so it can be easily distinguished as a filter.

I'm fine with butter

Assault is a really bad choice. Now I wont know if they say assault or assault... Freeze had it spot on. Edited by Adall

Assault is a really bad choice. Now I wont know if they say assault or assault... Freeze had it spot on.

Maybe some particularly repulsive words should translate into "*****" or gibberish so people can't use them via the filter translation in people heads.  Keeping track of what people are saying is a given btw in an MMO.  We don't want to get in the way of consensual conversations of any kind, but hate speech is an issue we have to address.