Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

New Rules of Conduct (in-game)

Maybe some particularly repulsive words should translate into "*****" or gibberish so people can't use them via the filter translation in people heads.  Keeping track of what people are saying is a given btw in an MMO.  We don't want to get in the way of consensual conversations of any kind, but hate speech is an issue we have to address.

That is fine too, but it isn't as fun.

Maybe some particularly repulsive words should translate into "*****" or gibberish so people can't use them via the filter translation in people heads.  Keeping track of what people are saying is a given btw in an MMO.  We don't want to get in the way of consensual conversations of any kind, but hate speech is an issue we have to address.

yeah IMO in game should just be ***** or even @#$%!

On the forum sure its a fun little game I guess but in game I think replacement would just serve to use those words more for some. Not for every bad word of course but as said just for the especially bad ones like that one just mentioned and racist hate based ones.

Edited by pang

Make a list of the most reprehensible words and phrases you can imagine, and then make them all default to "rutabaga". Somehow the humble "rutabaga" is the perfect word to diffuse a nasty situation. Works with kids anyway  :ph34r:

Edited by Iridian ShadowWeaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

I actually think ****** or an equivalent is better to use than a word, just because it creates less confusion during discussion.

In another game I was part of a roleplaying guild of a specific race which had a pejorative word, fir'khanim or firk for short, for those who were inferior enough to sweat in a desert.

Occasionally there were forum threads made which accusing us, the players behind the characters, of being a a collection of horribly racist individuals because of how we were roleplaying. How would something like that be handled by this CoC?

Edited by youma

Click here to join the Crowfall Discord chat community

Sekket on Mourning. Bhorov on Test Server. Youma the Pirate wherever TSP has sailed.

In another game I was part of a roleplaying guild of a specific race which had a pejorative word, fir'khanim or firk for short, for those who were inferior enough to sweat in a desert.

Occasionally there were forum threads made which accusing us, the players behind the characters, of being a a collection of horribly racist individuals because of how we were roleplaying. How would something like that be handled by this CoC?

This is the key: "If any of these behaviors/actions can be reasonably seen to be directed or intended outside of the in-game roleplaying context, the Rules of Conduct will apply."

You want to run down the Knights for their code of honor, or the Confessor for being overly religious, have at it.  If you think that the Stoneborn are scum, talk about that all you want.  Talking bad about a low-life acting guild in-game, fine.  In-game relationship conflicts and roleplaying conflicts are encouraged. 

Linking conflicts to the real-world is actively discouraged.

I hope this helps!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

This is the key: "If any of these behaviors/actions can be reasonably seen to be directed or intended outside of the in-game roleplaying context, the Rules of Conduct will apply."

You want to run down the Knights for their code of honor, or the Confessor for being overly religious, have at it.  If you think that the Stoneborn are scum, talk about that all you want.  Talking bad about a low-life acting guild in-game, fine.  In-game relationship conflicts and roleplaying conflicts are encouraged. 

Linking conflicts to the real-world is actively discouraged.

I hope this helps!

Stoneborn are SCUM! Just wait a bloody minute thats going waaaaay to farrr.  Someone give Mr. Tyrade a warning! He hurt my feelings

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said: