Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

newsroll datestamps are wrong in various ways

The top news article on the newsroll (https://crowfall.com/#/newsroll) shows as having been posted yesterday, and the one below it on July 25th. When you load page 2, the top news article on that page shows as having been posted yesterday, and the one below it on July 25th. Likewise page 3.

All of which is aside from the fact that the actual most recent post was posted today, and the one before it on the 28th.

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Your service is returning what I presume are correct dates (in any case, they're different from what's being displayed), so somehow you're failing to update the publishedDate property. Given how many places you're doing this $filter('moment') thing, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bug either in the filter, or in the way you're using the filter.

Suggestion: stop man-handling the data. Return the data from the service as a view model (that is, completely ready to be bound directly into the view), not as a data set that then has to be transformed client-side into a view model. If there's some transformation that actually needs to be done on the client, transform the view model in-place, ideally as part of the binding definition. Don't copy data over from the response structure to a new structure. The response of your AJAX call should be data that is already in the format and structure appropriate for the view into which it will be rendered, or at least as close as is possible.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

"Stop man-handling the data" is my new motto.

I originally typed "stop molesting the data", but too many people fail to understand the meaning of the word.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

Dates should be working as intended now, so marking this as 'closed'. Thanks again, all.

Next step: get the newsroll pagination working much more smoothly/intuitively.