Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadivak

Is it sad....

Meanwhile the Dwarves stand by watching (and laughing) as the Humans and Elves kill each other.

Except those Centaurs, damn four legs running away so fast that we poor stumpies struggle to catch 'em. 

You just have to get close to them.  "Dwarves are natural sprinters, very dangerous over short distances."

cmurder%20sig_zpsaq2rwphh.jpg

Jah, if someone punches you in the face, is that moral, immoral, or amoral?

Note - I am not threatening to do so. I'm merely using this as an example of theory, similar to the window analogy.

Vandarr..  "They say, Never hit a man with a closed fist... but it is on occasion hilarious."   its all fun and games... another sadness from 2003 just 12 episodes of Firefly...

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

If no act can be evil, then no act can be good, either. Moral relativism states in essence that no one can be right or wrong, as what is right to you may be wrong to me. Therefore, if you commit an act I believe to be evil and you believe to be just, then I should tolerate it due to a difference in our moral values. The problem with this is when you commit an act I consider to be evil and you consider to be just and commit said act against my personage. In that case, what is essentially occurring is an act with a net zero morality - equally good and evil simultaneously.

That, my friend, is simply absurd.

I don't think that's true. A thing can be good or bad depending on the relative time, place, standing it is observed in. A thing can be both good and bad simultaneously depending on the state of the observer of the thing.

That said, we as humans treat a few things with such near universal moral disdain that we can call them "evil" here quite easily. Likewise, we treat a few things as almost universally "good."

I don't think that's true. A thing can be good or bad depending on the relative time, place, standing it is observed in. A thing can be both good and bad simultaneously depending on the state of the observer of the thing.

That said, we as humans treat a few things with such near universal moral disdain that we can call them "evil" here quite easily. Likewise, we treat a few things as almost universally "good."

What's this "we" thing? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png