Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looting Storehouses and other questions?

How will looting storehouses be handled? Will a percentage of the total remain or is everything stored fair game? Will it be up to the player to build storehouses or storeboxes, or is it just dump the said resources on the ground and build a wall around it? We have summoning circles for embargo, will storage be handled in a similar manner in regards to summoning circles?

We aren't sure on that. We only know that banking/storage in campaigns will be local.

I would hope that you lose everything to the victor. You couldn't win or move your stuff in time? You should lose it. I am okay with a portion being "destroyed" in the carnage, but in my opinion that is just flavor.

Yep. Campaign banking and storage is just a big question mark at this point.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Whatever the end result is I hope it's handled in a similar way in games like Rust. Players should be required to build the storages themselves and they are 100% lootable if broken into by smashing or lock picking it. I loved it when in Rust, I could break into houses, loot everything, kill any sleepers and get away before anyone noticed. 

Edited by zero2none

Whatever the end result is I hope it's handled in a similar way in games like Rust. Players should be required to build the storages themselves and they are 100% lootable if broken into by smashing or lock picking it. I loved it when in Rust, I could break into houses, loot everything, kill any sleepers and get away before anyone noticed. 

of course you do...

wait till everyone logged off and then steal poorly made socks...

what a brilliant mechanic.

of course you do...

wait till everyone logged off and then steal poorly made socks...

what a brilliant mechanic.

Never said I did it when they logged off, though I'am guilty of doing that sometimes, as anyone that played the game would.

Yes, I agree that it's a poor mechanic since you can't protect yourself while offline, but isn't that part of the 'hardcore' experience that people want. Of course, in Crowfall there's going to be castles/forts (not a poorly built house) with multiple players and possibly NPC's protecting the lootz, so more difficult and challenging. 

Edited by zero2none

Never said I did it when they logged off, though I'am guilty of doing that sometimes, as anyone that played the game would. 

and that's also the reason why these games turn out to be utterly boring after three weeks.

"oh whoopdedoo another storage I just looted without any form of opposition whatsoever"

think about stuff before you suggest such nonsense, thank you

and that's also the reason why these games turn out to be utterly boring after three weeks.

"oh whoopdedoo another storage I just looted without any form of opposition whatsoever"

think about stuff before you suggest such nonsense, thank you

Wasn't boring for my friends and I, not my fault that you didn't like the game. So, since you oppose the idea, I'm not allowed to make a suggestion? I only suggested something in relation to the original question, but why do you dislike it even though it's similar to what Adall suggested?  

Edited by zero2none

Wasn't boring for my friends and I, not my fault that you didn't like the game. So, since you oppose the idea, I'm not allowed to make the suggestion? I only suggested something in relation to the original question, why do you dislike it even though it's similar to what Adall suggested?  

oh my :)

getting all defensive already.

You suggested a feature that discourages PvP. Simple as that.

I have no doubt that you and your friends enjoyed that. You really showed'em, those nasty strongboxes. Just didn't stand a chance against your overwhelming skill.

And features that discourage PvP are bad features and shouldn't be posted. You got that right.

oh my :)

getting all defensive already.

You suggested a feature that discourages PvP. Simple as that.

I have no doubt that you and your friends enjoyed that. You really showed'em, those nasty strongboxes. Just didn't stand a chance against your overwhelming skill.

And features that discourage PvP are bad features and shouldn't be posted. You got that right.

freeze I think you're mistaken and I know what you are attempting to do, but maybe you should re-read my post before you continue because I didn't suggest turning "stealing/raiding" into a Rust type mechanic. I suggested that storages should be 100% lootable and I gave an example of it in a current game and my experiences with it. In retrospect, I don't see how this discourages PvP, can you please elaborate on how lootable storages are not considered a PvP content? 

EDIT: I was speaking to some my guild members and they've said that ACE said earlier on that there will be safe zones in the campaign and it would depend on the campaign you are playing in. I don't know what they were speaking about because I haven't read about it anywhere lately, but I think they are suggesting it'll be like the embargo. 

Edited by zero2none

freeze I think you're mistaken and I know what you are attempting to do, but maybe you should re-read my post before you continue because I didn't suggest turning "stealing/raiding" into a Rust type mechanic. I suggested that storages should be 100% lootable and I gave an example of it in a current game and my experiences with it. In retrospect, I don't see how this discourages PvP, can you please elaborate on how lootable storages are not considered a PvP content? 

100% lootable containers are perfectly fine :)

But your suggestion of lock-picking and whatnot isn't. You gave the rust context and in that game, all that is usually done when players aren't present.

If you combine that with active sieges and other additional requirements, then it's perfectly fine.

You're forced to fight for your potential loot. Nothing wrong with that.

But when you present a feature with the instant-gratification with which they're associated in games like rust, then no thank you. Save those suggestions for other games. Like I stated before, features like these turn games into snoozefests after the novelty factor has worn off.

100% lootable containers are perfectly fine :)

But your suggestion of lock-picking and whatnot isn't. You gave the rust context and in that game, all that is usually done when players aren't present.

If you combine that with active sieges and other additional requirements, then it's perfectly fine.

You're forced to fight for your potential loot. Nothing wrong with that.

But when you present a feature with the instant-gratification with which they're associated in games like rust, then no thank you. Save those suggestions for other games. Like I stated before, features like these turn games into snoozefests after the novelty factor has worn off.

I don't know how long you've played Rust for but I can tell you that the majority of the activity in the game involves active players. I guess it's just based on our different experiences because I didn't get bored until my friends stopped playing. 

I think a little instant-gratification is a good thing for a game, especially for PvP; specifically in small scale engagements or looting, but that's a topic for another discussion. It's fine that you disagree that it shouldn't have a similar mechanic to Rust, which I agree with because it's bad concept and it wouldn't work in Crowfall, but taking my suggestion out of context and saying I should not post because you don't like something isn't fair judgement.

Edited by zero2none

EDIT: I was speaking to some my guild members and they've said that ACE said earlier on that there will be safe zones in the campaign and it would depend on the campaign you are playing in. I don't know what they were speaking about because I haven't read about it anywhere lately, but I think they are suggesting it'll be like the embargo. 

I remember reading about something like that too. Thanks for the headsup zero2none. Trying to wrap my head around the games economy when it seemed like it had no permeance in a PVP world was giving me a headache.

• 1 month later...

Simply make the containers breakable/lootable during the time your fortress is vulnerable and nonlootable when not (guess it would be automaticly since the enemies can't get into your base then if it's built good enough).

That way it would encourage active fighting/defending since your enemies would want to get to your lootboxes while they are vulnerable and you would want to defend them.

And hopefully the game is set up in a way that fortresses goes vulnerable in prime game times and not in the middle of the night, thus avoiding the Rust problem of the single, cowardly guy breaking into your house and stealing your stash while you are in bed or at work/school.

-: Crows before Hoes, Bros :-

• 4 months later...

If "storehouses" or other non-embargo storage is lootable, it'd make sense to simply store all your items on a mule alt and just log him in and out as needed. It would cost RL money to create the alt (now that you can only have 1 crow per purchase of the game) but nothing that would break the bank of a guild, or other organization that would need more storage space than they can carry in their own inventory.

Your best chance of looting is when the goods are being moved, which, delightfully, is also when the defenders are online.

Confirmed in the new article here: "JTC: Items that are brought in (via your import) are safe until you pull them out your import and into the campaign. Items (including vessels) that are collected can be stored, but you have to transport them somewhere safe first. Until that happens, they are at risk – just like a tonne of stone, an elven blade or a recovered artifact."

Since it's in answer to "MMORPG: Can vessels obtained during a campaign (via crafting, looting or scavenging) be stored safely for use later in the campaign or are they at the same risk as other items/materials?" I think it's pretty clear he is not talking about the export. So the implication is that there will definitely be safe storehouses.

Of course, never say never with Crowfall, but it seems that's the current design.

Your best chance of looting is when the goods are being moved, which, delightfully, is also when the defenders are online.

Indeedibly. Methinks this is the main reason ACE is planning to make Exporting something you have to do at specified locations in each campaign, rather than just from the comfort of your own fortress.

Not sure how character/inventory persistence will work, though (regarding logging out with a mule.) in a way it's kind of cool to remain in the game world when logged out, and to have everything be persistently lootable. However, it's inevitable that someone will be offline and get "ganked" purely because they could not respond to the situation. Effort doesn't evem factor in, as one could play for 23 hours one day, only to log out for an hour, then log back in to have all their stuff stolen. That goes against what the game's about. For example, if you played a PvE MMO, and all the monsters and bosses just went unresponsive for 18 hours per day, wouldn't that be pretty dumb? "Oh man! I snuck past this dragon and stoke his treasure!" No you didn't. You just took a treasure that was no longer guarded by a dragon.

Since it's unreasonable to expect people to actively prevent anything like this (at the very least, man must sleep), there would have to be some level of "protection" in place. Maybe some kid of "when I'm logged out and we get attacked" behavior options? Maybe you could let allied players sort of "commandeer" your character in the event you're offline, and command them like a pet? *shrug*

Edited by Lephys

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Or your character can remain online as a npc but as long as you are off the looting rules won't count. Let the enemy get some random rng item that doesn't come from you maybe but I can see this working. It would also be pretty neat if you can set up task for your npc to do before you log like guard routes and things like that. Maybe even farming mats at a owned resource location but that might be taking it a bit too far.

Edited by silhaku

Or your character can remain online as a npc but as long as you are off the looting rules won't count. Let the enemy get some random rng item that doesn't come from you maybe but I can see this working. It would also be pretty neat if you can set up task for your npc to do before you log like guard routes and things like that. Maybe even farming mats at a owned resource location but that might be taking it a bit too far.

pickin up that z2n spirit, eh?