Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

Durin

Howdy!  I am looking forward to Crowfall--a game that apparently isn't afraid to bring back some of the memorable features of past MMORPGs .  I had great fun in SB, UO and SWG, so I have confidence that ACE will deliver. 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Welcome to the forums.  What UO shard did you play on?

I played UO for about a year, beginning 3-6 months after it released.  So, that has been a long time ago and I have no memory which shard I played on  :) 

Welcome to the forums!

What sort of "memorable features of past MMORPGs" are you looking forward to in Crowfall?

Meaningful death in PvP--not just a re-spawn but actual consequences to dying, for one.  I appreciate that it is a sandboxish world where how I play has an impact. Also, Games like Crowfall bring out the best (and sometimes the worst) in people--at least it brings something out and you have interesting and meaningful interaction with other players.  I saw this in Shadowbane, UO and SWG actually.  So many MMOs are like single player games with a cooperative option, and that's no fun :)

Meaningful death in PvP--not just a re-spawn but actual consequences to dying, for one.  I appreciate that it is a sandboxish world where how I play has an impact. Also, Games like Crowfall bring out the best (and sometimes the worst) in people--at least it brings something out and you have interesting and meaningful interaction with other players.  I saw this in Shadowbane, UO and SWG actually.  So many MMOs are like single player games with a cooperative option, and that's no fun :)

Meaningful deaths are always a welcome change.  It's rare for death to be of actual consequence in video games these days.  That is certainly one aspect I am very excited about.

71431_original.jpg

That is an insightful take.  Thanks for sharing!!

0f678e9787b873074149c019e1245cc58ac62d89