• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Systemrequirements

IamMe

Going by the Unity sysres this would be the bare minimum:

Desktop:

• OS: Windows XP+, Mac OS X 10.7+, Ubuntu 12.04+, SteamOS+
  • Graphics card: DX9 (shader model 2.0) capabilities; generally everything made since 2004 should work.
  • CPU: SSE2 instruction set support.

Of course we are likely to be way higher in the basic requirements due to a higher demand in CPU und GPU processing power.

If I'd have to guess I'd say we will likely see recommended requirements around

CPU: i5 3GHz or similar

GPU: Geforce GTX 6xx or similar (preferably 670+)

RAM: 4GB or more (preferably 8GB+)

DISK: ~25GB

That's what similar looking games are currently suggesting. 

Edited by Angier

It's way too early to lock system specs down.  A 3D card will be required though.  Remember that optimization for system specs happens towards the end of development.  We'll want it to work as many systems as possible, really!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

A 3D card will be required though.

Time to give my Matrox Millennium EISA card some bad news =(

Edited by Jihan

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I try and build a new desktop every 2 years, maximizing the system with the latest/greatest on the market at the time.  I just did so the end of last year.  With the current release schedule I'll be due for a computer upgrade just before release, so have no qualms with increased requirements than what I have currently.

[@--(o.O)@]

60fps?  lol

I did say 60++++  (plus meaning more btw, if you didnt know)

But it cannot go below 60, at any time..  I quit Skyforge on day1 because it dipped below 60.

A game is not worth playing if it dips below 60, it becomes unplayable.

I did say 60++++  (plus meaning more btw, if you didnt know)

But it cannot go below 60, at any time..  I quit Skyforge on day1 because it dipped below 60.

A game is not worth playing if it dips below 60, it becomes unplayable.

I'll bet... I imagine you play with ultra settings as well correct?

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I'll bet... I imagine you play with ultra settings as well correct?

not always, depends what gives me optimal playing experience.

Removing smoke and foliage for example might increase viewing distance and improve gameplay.

But lower fps than 60 is not playable, it gets choppy, you lose frames and it does not feel smooth. You should expect at least a stable 60 frames from a game developed in 2015.

not always, depends what gives me optimal playing experience.

Removing smoke and foliage for example might increase viewing distance and improve gameplay.

But lower fps than 60 is not playable, it gets choppy, you lose frames and it does not feel smooth. You should expect at least a stable 60 frames from a game developed in 2015.

I guess our thresholds are just different... I wont play with anything below 120.. to me 60 seems pretty bad...

I guess our thresholds are just different... I wont play with anything below (twice as good as whatever you said)

Keep being you, man. <3

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I guess our thresholds are just different... I wont play with anything below 120.. to me 60 seems pretty bad...

ofc,

I play with a 144hz monitor, so I need alot higher fps than 60 to play at the most comfortable.

But we have to start somewhere and tell Devs that we don't want a 30fps locked game anymore... Alot of AAA releases right now still lock their stuff at 30 because of the  "cinematic feel" BS.

All I said was that I want at least a 60fps minimum, anything below is unplayable. Asking Devs for minimum 120fps on ultra I think is a bit unfair atm, so 60 is a good compromise.  

Keep being you, man. <3

I don't think you understand... it has nothing to do with 120 being "twice as good" as 60...  It has to do with some gamers finding 60 frames unplayable because they can notice the chop between 60 and higher fps...

ofc,

I play with a 144hz monitor, so I need alot higher fps than 60 to play at the most comfortable.

But we have to start somewhere and tell Devs that we don't want a 30fps locked game anymore... Alot of AAA releases right now still lock their stuff at 30 because of the  "cinematic feel" BS.

All I said was that I want at least a 60fps minimum, anything below is unplayable. Asking Devs for minimum 120fps on ultra I think is a bit unfair atm, so 60 is a good compromise.  

I think 60 is fine for most casual gamers but a lot of competitive gamers are extremely sensitive to FPS chop now and 60 is pretty bad. 

I also wouldn't expect 120fps constant on ultra... i don't think most competitive gamers play on ultra, they always try to min/max their performance... I was asking if you played on ultra cause it gives some insight into your gaming preferences.

• 1 month later...