Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So in the FAQ they mentioned an Alchemist Runestone for a discipline.

Alchemist Runestone

“Wine from Water, Lead from Gold”

• Grants Potion Recipes
  • Grants Alchemy Skill
  • Grants Alchemy Bag (Potions) - Increased inventory space (that can only contain potion bottles) - Potions placed in bag have decreased chance of exploding on impact

So what kind of potions do you guys expect to see in the game, and how do you see them working.

Like if health and mana pots are consumables (which i assume they will be, its an MMO game) how do you think the gain for these potions will be handles. ACE has stated they will not be adding fire hose healers to the game, because they want combat to be based off of your ability to fight, not your ability to get healed by an ally constantly. So will the HP and MP pots be restricted in use somehow or will it be use it and get HP/MP back instantly (hopefully there is some restriction or delay because then its just a game of who has more pots)

What would you guys rather see?

Something like a delayed return, like Path of Exile, where you can use your health potion for a certain number of health over a certain number of seconds (ie. 500 HP over 10 seconds so 50HP per second) and makeing it to where if you activate another potion of the same type (ie another HP potion) it cancels your current pot and starts a new timer. 

Or maybe something where your potion use is restricted by a timer, like terraria (ie. if you use a health potion you have to wait 20s - 1m before you can pop another). That way you have to time your potions well enough to not die before you can pot again?

idk. what would be a good suggestion for something that fits this style of game better? 

Also What other potions do you expect to see? Strength potions for more damage, Speed potions to make your legionnaire friends go Sonic Fast, other potions i cant think of that do other things?

Other than the typical healing and 'mana' potions, I would like to see potions for temporary buffs as well. For instance, the oils in Witcher 3 which increase your damage against practical enemies or a potion that gives you a temporary immunity against the Hunger or certain damage types. 

Edited by zero2none

I would like to have a coke. It refreshes you, contains energy, is best in the winter season where you can easily cool it down to +4 degree celsius and it makes your character burp for a while an be surrounded by little bubbles.

Turning stone into gold would be nice too i guess.

(yeah, you see ... i am sick of the usual potions ...)

I like potions that aren't too powerful... give something for min/maxers to grind for a minor edge... but not something so powerful that it turns into a vertical progression type deal. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

HoT's for potions are cool mana and health. But personally I believe they should be an out of combat thing. I'm really against the more potions you bring gives you combat advantage.

I would like to have a coke. It refreshes you, contains energy, is best in the winter season where you can easily cool it down to +4 degree celsius and it makes your character burp for a while an be surrounded by little bubbles.

Turning stone into gold would be nice too i guess.

(yeah, you see ... i am sick of the usual potions ...)

Agreed.  :P I'd like potions that you can throw on your opponents to blind them, debuff or other effects.

Not a fan of buffing, mana and healing potions. I think it's an unnecessary additional layer that doesn't add much to the gameplay.

:P I'd like potions that you can throw on your opponents to blind them, debuff or other effects.

Absolutely.

You know, deep in the eternal kingdoms, in the deepest and most unpassable djungle, there lies a hidden cove that no human has entered before. Only Minotaurs. And only their priests. And only those with this strange purple and yellow checkered hoods. With a red bobble. They know why. For there the proof of their shame is hidden under solid stone. Never to be seen from anyone but their kind. And only by the priests. And only those... well, you know.

Don't ask me how i got this fragment. I can't tell ya. (But i can tell ya that in general it is a hell of a challenge for a guinecean to disguise himself as a minotaur. I might add that minotaurs probably are not the brightest.)

From the Book of Nonames, Chapter 237:42-55

42 but the Druid is a dishonorable trickster 43 from a breed that is not to be trusted. 44 This very moment he threw a potion of brightest magenta at D'Lorion 45 and the glass shattered at his unyielding horn 46 and the jelly magenta mass made mad mess.

47 D'Lorion roared, wrathful, and his roar smashed the trees. 48 Only this time it was not because of his might 49 but for his head had swollen to double the normal size. 50 Clumsy he toddled forward 51 and he fell inevitably to his knees. 52 Finally his huge head had hauled him hayloftwards.

53 When his son, B'Tmobil the fast, finally found him, all traces of the druid had vanished. 54 Exept of a red bobble. 55 No clue where it came from.

Imagine what temporary double sized heads would mean in terms of the game. You will always have to look up or your head might fall down and stop your charge. And painfully so. If you leap you will automatically look down for a moment because of gravitation. At least until you get healed. By those not-firehose healers or another potion. I say: THIS are useful potions. (Or at least they are more fun than the usual always-the-same stuff. ;) )

Edited by Kraahk

I can see it now, 3 massive guilds fighting a full scale war in the planes of lavendera, all of the sudden one guild turns the tides of battle by raining down splash potions of swollen heads all over their enemies. Next thing you know the big headed corpses of 2 armies is lying there lifeless infront of the victors

I'de like more potions on the fun side. Like all the fun potions from Vanilla WoW, Swiftness potions were fun, but used a semi-rare low level ingredient that people didn't farm. Elixir of Giants growth gave you strength and size (bigger target but you hit harder) Shadow oil which gave your weapon a chance to shoot shadow bolts when attacking. Oil of Immolation (ninja's can't catch you if you're on fire) Elixir of Dream vision "Gives you a dream vision to explore areas to dangerous to explore in person"

perhaps being able to disguise yourself as people you've killed by using their blood as part of the potion.

But ACE did mention that the disciplines given as examples are purely examples, and may not even feature in the final version of the game, we'll have to see when they get further into the development of this system.

Landmimes, the silent killer.

I'de like more potions on the fun side. Like all the fun potions from Vanilla WoW, Swiftness potions were fun, but used a semi-rare low level ingredient that people didn't farm. Elixir of Giants growth gave you strength and size (bigger target but you hit harder) Shadow oil which gave your weapon a chance to shoot shadow bolts when attacking. Oil of Immolation (ninja's can't catch you if you're on fire) Elixir of Dream vision "Gives you a dream vision to explore areas to dangerous to explore in person"

perhaps being able to disguise yourself as people you've killed by using their blood as part of the potion.

But ACE did mention that the disciplines given as examples are purely examples, and may not even feature in the final version of the game, we'll have to see when they get further into the development of this system.

Please make craftable Noggenfoggers. And deviant fishes. Those were the best.

I'm hoping that Alchemist Runestone will give more then the typical make this potion and that.  I would like to see them take the approach of having a character with that runestone buff how many mats they can pull from a plant for example.  Or, perhaps when they drink potions due to their understanding of how to make them they last a little bit longer then a full warrior.