Find results in...

First Look: Confessor In Action! - Official Discussion Thread

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Please lower the skill cap so that bads and people on 56k can have fun"   I respect your right to have an opinion but I firmly disagree with the opinion you are expressing.   If we have a shallow

This week we are visiting the Confessor to examine what some of her powers look like in action!    FULL STORY

that's the whole point. If it wasn't hard and everybody could hit everyone else all the time, then we might as well have tab target...   It showed the exact opposite if you asked me. The projectile

Is it just me or is the character model slightly left of center on screen?  I know that ESO uses off-center characters in 3rd person to help you see your reticle, in that game the amount of offset was adjustable; I wonder if ACE will take the same approach.

Yeah I hope there is an option to center the camera on the character. I've never been a fan of the off center view in other games. To me it makes it harder to aim, and by the look of the video it might make it harder for whoever was playing to aim too. It sort of looks like they were aiming more towards the Confessor's head, but the projectiles are actually targeted at the reticule which is probably at the center of the screen, which is why when they miss, they usually miss to the right of the target zombies.

nYgae2w.png

Yeah I hope there is an option to center the camera on the character. I've never been a fan of the off center view in other games. To me it makes it harder to aim, and by the look of the video it might make it harder for whoever was playing to aim too. It sort of looks like they were aiming more towards the Confessor's head, but the projectiles are actually targeted at the reticule which is probably at the center of the screen, which is why when they miss, they usually miss to the right of the target zombies.

Well you aim with the reticle, it shouldn't matter where the character is orientated. They just had the HUD turned off for the vid so its hard to see how aiming was being done.

Also its a fairly standard feature to be able to zoom in and out with the camera, so if you want a more centered view you would likely just zoom out a bit until its centered. but again with having a reticle your aim shouldn't really be effected regardless of how you zoom or where the character is.

It's early, so take this with that in mind.

Her movement looks very "light". It doesn't look like she has any weight. No inertia, no power. I thought I had read that inertia and weight would have an effect on combat. Is this something that will be added later? Or is it there, just set low for testing and will be adjusted to find the "fun"?

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

My first reaction was "this is better than I thought it would be". I liked the speed of combat, didn't think it was too fast or too slow for my tastes personally, but I'm still going to have to rewatch the vid a couple more times before I see everything there is to see. Liking it so far devs!

peastravaganza%20dos_zps4q178jpn.png

My first reaction was "this is better than I thought it would be". I liked the speed of combat, didn't think it was too fast or too slow for my tastes personally, but I'm still going to have to rewatch the vid a couple more times before I see everything there is to see. Liking it so far devs!

I think mr. Blair also amazed how it turned out!

IeZn9gg.png

^_^  

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Looks great, a lot better then I thought it would be at this stage.

I can see why they feel a aim assist might be needed. Didn't seem to hard to miss the target who was standing still, could only imagine online with everyone moving and the ping being higher it would be hard. 

YannMLq.png

Wow that looks superb, I'm very surprised! Everything seems perfect to me, even the clouds in the sky.  :P

It's worth it to watch the confessor at 0,5x speed!!

It was worth it seeing at speed: 0.25
AuBDQE1.png
I noticed how the fire goes slowly from down  to top of the skeleton dummy.
 then fade away.

Looks great, a lot better then I thought it would be at this stage.

I can see why they feel a aim assist might be needed. Didn't seem to hard to miss the target who was standing still, could only imagine online with everyone moving and the ping being higher it would be hard. 

I am actually amazed how far this come to, I hope this will clam people down from panicking :P.

Edited by Mox

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

that's the whole point. If it wasn't hard and everybody could hit everyone else all the time, then we might as well have tab target...

It showed the exact opposite if you asked me.

The projectiles seem to be perfectly fine, there's some spread with multiple  fireballs flying and so on.

There's absolutely nothing that indiciates that we might need aim assists.

Nice!  Animations are flowing smoothly.  

Question - what kind of distance(s) are those?  Are those grid blocks reference for any kind of distance?  In the last combat question video you all talked about distances and how far things are.  Just trying to get a sense of what you consider "20 meters" or "30 meters" to be :)

If they used the same distances than what is written in this thread, and if the dash shown at 1:11 is the Zealot Rush executed at max distance, then I'd say one square is about 8x8 meters.

I think it's best to wait with conclusions until we've tested the combat system more thoroughly with moving targets and online servers. Don't think this video gives a fair view of the aiming system at all.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

If they used the same distances than what is written in this thread, and if the dash shown at 1:11 is the Zealot Rush executed at max distance, then I'd say one square is about 8x8 meters.

So that would be a lot.

Each LOT is 8 meters by 8 meters in size.

Gives an idea how big the buildings will be as well.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

that's the whole point. If it wasn't hard and everybody could hit everyone else all the time, then we might as well have tab target...

It showed the exact opposite if you asked me.

The projectiles seem to be perfectly fine, there's some spread with multiple  fireballs flying and so on.

You are absolutely right, confessor should have no problems hitting targets at all, projectiles were big and fast enough and it adds some skill curve to the game. It may look scary but im pretty sure it wont take longer than a week to master the projectile speed. Personally , i have had enough of the games that only require you to press buttons to win fights.

I expect that Ranger wont be hard aswell, you should be basically trading hitbox for faster projectiles.

Edited by Eren

I think it's best to wait with conclusions until we've tested the combat system more thoroughly with moving targets and online servers. Don't think this video gives a fair view of the aiming system at all.

I disagree

plenty to see in that video to draw conclusions. maybe not final ones, but still enough to form an opinion.

Is there a hit "Box" around the models that is bigger than the model or is it "snapped" to the models dimensions?

Also changing the color of the fire for the different spells could be a very cool idea, red fire for team A blue for team b, green for team C in a battleground. Or to signify the different factions confessors. Or make a player choice for it as a reward for a major milestone or choosing a god. Making the players have choice is a great thing. 

I do also wonder Blair if you watched that combat clip before hand and due to the three coffees before the taping had been bouncing up and down and had to rein yourself in. You seems to try and modulate yourself in front of the camera quite a bit more this time vr some of the other videos. Like you were holding back from sqeeee'ing.

Anyways it looked really good, but I did get the herky jerky feel of the early levels of a Tera sorcerer feel to the basic attack. Will yall allow movement later with the cast or will we have that stuttery gameplay all the time?