Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Confessor In Action - Impressions

LGAllastair

They just released this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ms2F_G82I

My initial impressions:

PROS

- Movement Animations look very cool and fluid.

- I like the smoke effects, imagine 5 confessors shooting stuff, the amount of smoke!

- Projectiles seem realistic and the speed is good, seems like the aiming system requires skill and coordination, still to be tested.

CONS

- Walk, shoot, walk. We didn't see the confessor casting in movement, hopefully there will be some stuff we can shoot on the moove.

- Too much smoke could lag the screen? Performance issues maybe? Still unsure.

Anyway, these are initial impressions, express what you guys think.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

Just out of curiosity, what goals do you have for this thread which the official discussion thread on this news item cannot meet?

Wanted to get feedback from the people who are thinking about playing confessors, these forums are frequented by them more than the rest of the population, and if you look below my thread you see one for every release (Confessor model and confessor mechanics) so I don t see why we could not have this one.

KjUVOZg.png

Guild Leader/ High Elder

real fire has lots of large black/grey smoke, It needs a tad bit more to feel real.

The fire particles also could use a bit more work, as its just one color right now.

This is just nitpicking tho, In general I am very happy with the update.

I really liked how the flames climbed up the target.  I thought that looked very cool and realistic. 

KjUVOZg.png

Cantaloupes - Member / "It's a strange thing to see, that moment when the extraordinary becomes ordinary."

Wanted to get feedback from the people who are thinking about playing confessors, these forums are frequented by them more than the rest of the population, and if you look below my thread you see one for every release (Confessor model and confessor mechanics) so I don t see why we could not have this one.

Ah, you're angling for the advocate slot. Got it.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Confessor was my #1 prior to the skills reveal update, but slid a bit because I was hoping for a different playstyle (which could very well end up fixed via promotions). This video has me a bit more hyped for confessor again. Especially if one of the promotions makes it more of a ranged nuker...

Going to be really custard fun to burn everyone and everything.

gCWxS8u.jpg

I like the theme so far. It looks really cool. I hope that the meteor gets a bit of rock at the centre or something, because right now it is just a slightly bigger version of the basic attack.

CONS

- Walk, shoot, walk. We didn't see the confessor casting in movement, hopefully there will be some stuff we can shoot on the move.

This is in the post the devs made about the Confessor's powers, "her Immolation is an iFrame power that renders her invulnerable, removes her from physics, removes movement debuffs and lets her run about for five seconds continuing to cast other spells."

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

• 1 month later...

Keep in mind that this is a pre-alpha, that's based around testing physics and combat basics. Most of the spells you see and class mechanics, might not even make it in the final version. I believe that we will start seeing a more defined version of the archetypes during late alpha.

• 4 months later...

I would really like to see the Confessors receive several DoT (damage over time) spells. She has a burning DoT now, I'd like to see a HP steal to heal DoT & some kind of slow + damage. To pay homage to the Shadowbane Confessor (my first r6).

After playing the pre-alpha I easily had the most fun on the confessor. She didn't hit hard enough compared to the HP of the other classes. But just the way things felt. It was fun even with the bugs and lagg.

I would really like to see the Confessors receive several DoT (damage over time) spells. She has a burning DoT now, I'd like to see a HP steal to heal DoT & some kind of slow + damage. To pay homage to the Shadowbane Confessor (my first r6).

After playing the pre-alpha I easily had the most fun on the confessor. She didn't hit hard enough compared to the HP of the other classes. But just the way things felt. It was fun even with the bugs and lagg.

Confessors can pump out a lot of damage already. The thing is, they can't do all that damage from far away. They have to get close to hit with hellfire aura and their flamethrower ability. If you can put on your aura, stun the target and then hit them with the flamethrower, you can melt faces. Watch any of Cuddles videos on youtube and you'll see :)