Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Npc In Eternal Kingdoms

Tlope

Hey!

There is a chance my question has already been answered, if so please just post a link for me. So, what I want to know is will there be NPCs roaming about in our Eternal Kingdoms and such? For example when I place a farm will there be a farmer actively working the field to give me resources? When I have my castle will it be populated by NPCs randomly generated? When I place shops do I have to be present to sell my own goods? I have browsed the forums and the FAQ and have been unable to find an answer. If anyone can shed some light on my question it would be greatly appreciated!

"Paint me like one of your French girls Jack"

-Unknown

You will be able to place thralls within your buildings, limited by the number of summoning circles this building has (FAQ Thrall #8). This system can also be used to place vendors (a type of thralls) in your kingdom or in campaigns to sell your goods (FAQ Economy #25). Additionally it is likely that some weak monster-NPC's will exist in the EK's (FAQ EK #2).

All in all it is very unlikely, that there will be any "additional" system within the EK's that is not based on work that was necessary to build the campaigns. But it is very likely, that what exists in he campaigns possibly might be provided in the EK's too in some form (even if surely on a smaller scale).

You will be able to place thralls within your buildings, limited by the number of summoning circles this building has (FAQ Thrall #8). This system can also be used to place vendors (a type of thralls) in your kingdom or in campaigns to sell your goods (FAQ Economy #25). Additionally it is likely that some weak monster-NPC's will exist in the EK's (FAQ EK #2).

All in all it is very unlikely, that there will be any "additional" system within the EK's that is not based on work that was necessary to build the campaigns. But it is very likely, that what exists in he campaigns possibly might be provided in the EK's too in some form (even if surely on a smaller scale).

Thanks for your insight! Without some sort of simple system don't you think that the Eternal Kingdoms will feel empty if you have these large castles and only a few thralls (From what I have read they will be difficult to keep and maintain) in your entire kingdom and whatever players that happen to stop by?

"Paint me like one of your French girls Jack"

-Unknown

Good question. :)

Maybe. But not necessarily.

Look, even a large castle costs 800$ wich equals roundabout 4 1/3 years vip. And this is a medium-type stronghold. The ingame efforts should mirror this price. So either way it will take a huge effort to build one of the bigger strongholds. Like they presaid - most people will keep their own kingdom very small (large fort, 50$, 5 parcels, nice) and participate in a bigger social-hub-kingdom. It just makes sense and helps the community to gather instead of staying alone.

Not at least because of the prices, people will gravitate towards this hubs. Remember: this will be a niche game - not to many players - better bring them together somehow.

If you really manage to build a kingdom that is able to maintain itself, then this means that you will (need to) have many visitors, vassels and thralls. How else could you get the resources to keep your kingdom going?

Right, you might just buy a mountain citadel for (i guess) 2k $. You might even be able to build some structures there. A nice market place and a tavern or so. But will you be able to maintain it on your own? Very unlikely. Since you can't pay all the maintenance most of the structures will go into the ruined state some day. And yes, you still will be the king. A lone king in a long forgotten kingdom. With only one place somehow working: the tavern, or the throneroom, you name it.

So yes, a kingdom might feel empty. Or it might be full of life. In the end it depends on the king.

A lone king will live in a nearly abandoned castle, in a mostly ruined state and maybe with a handful thralls and some rare visitors.

A great king will have maybe hundreds of vassals, providing them with a rich infrastructure and be rewarded with the things he need to keep his kingdom running or even make it bigger.

(And many people will participate in such a kingdom and just be their own master in their own hunters lodge somwhere outside in the woods - to say: in their own EK)

I would say this is realistic ... and i love it. :)

Edited by Kraahk