Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Blizzard At Gamescom

VIKINGNAIL

Nothing really exciting so far. New continent, new hero class, artifact weapons, dungeons and raids. All have been done before. This is not going to bring back millions of subscribers. Blizzard is milking WoW as much as they can until it kills itself. I can't blame them though.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Nothing really exciting so far. New continent, new hero class, artifact weapons, dungeons and raids. All have been done before. This is not going to bring back millions of subscribers. Blizzard is milking WoW as much as they can until it kills itself. I can't blame them though.

I think you are underestimating what a new hero class means for the game... also i wanna hear more about the new honor system. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I think you are underestimating what a new hero class means for the game... also i wanna hear more about the new honor system. 

Ow, I'm fully aware. I was there with the Death Knight, but I think it's not enough to bring people back in droves. Well maybe for a month or two and than they leave again. Like with Warlords of Draenor. There seems nothing really 'new' new in Legion. This expansion is just what it should be: an expansion of existing features.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Ow, I'm fully aware. I was there with the Death Knight, but I think it's not enough to bring people back in droves. Well maybe for a month or two and than they leave again. Like with Warlords of Draenor. There seems nothing really 'new' new in Legion. This expansion is just what it should be: an expansion of existing features.

Well basically these artifact weapons have their own talent trees that impact your character and the weapon.  Still learning more right now.

One of the things that has kept me from returning to WoW (I played in beta, and on release then got bored before it got good) is the grind wall.  I don't have the time or desire to grind my way to top tier gear, just so I can grind my way up again in 6 months to a year when they release the next expansion. I tried to play it about 4 months ago, but I just couldn't get it into it. On another note, the tab targeting really disgruntled me off too. I don't know why, but after playing Darkfall and getting used to a non targeting system. I don't want to go back. I'm dealing with it in ArcheAge but I hate it and it may ultimately cause me to quit.

Do you play WoW VN?

Same poorly made sock in a different odor. Squeezing those udders till they get infected and fall off, and I don't blame them. I would do the same, because having a mountain of people buy my product which is almost the same thing over and over would be great. I'd love that.

same carrot on a stick they have every expansion.

I could never play a game like that, I would get so disgruntled having spent months grinding stupid PvE, only to have Blizzard say "your work is not worth anything, heres some new stuff with better stats that you need to have"

Nothing more than a plan to milk consumers out of their cash.

Edited by zinnie

One of the things that has kept me from returning to WoW (I played in beta, and on release then got bored before it got good) is the grind wall.  I don't have the time or desire to grind my way to top tier gear, just so I can grind my way up again in 6 months to a year when they release the next expansion. I tried to play it about 4 months ago, but I just couldn't get it into it. On another note, the tab targeting really disgruntled me off too. I don't know why, but after playing Darkfall and getting used to a non targeting system. I don't want to go back. I'm dealing with it in ArcheAge but I hate it and it may ultimately cause me to quit.

Do you play WoW VN?

I check back every few expansions to keep a character max level and pvp a bit....

I think WoW has changed in nature a lot... it isn't really grindy anymore...

I find it more worth to be mentioned that out of sudden there are shooter coming back to the main-audience. Shooter genre was dead the last six and more years. Always only the next Call of Duty and Battlefield, a bit Team Fortress and that was it.

And now all of sudden one (Moba) shooter after the other comes out. Overwatch, Battleborn, Gigantic, Paladins, Bierzerkers, Orcs must die unchainend, the list goes on and on. And even all with the same graphic style.

After getting to understand that the lazy, lame game industry companies wont get a piece of the Moba cake, because its taken. Now it seems the big run for the Moba-Shooter is breaking out. And dont call them moba, all the lame bottom developers say, because they are afraid of get set in comparison or competition to League of legends, with which they burned themselves really hard already these amateurs. Nah not even amateurs are they, because amateur means to be a person who does a thing because of passion and love for what the person does, but developer studios and gaming industry are just lazy, lame and boring, money hungry companies anymore, really so lame.

When you were young and 3D graphics came to video games, and you imagined, wow, if games are this good already, what will they be like when i am adult, now you are adult, and gaming industry is really boring and disgusting, so without passion or love or something for their work, it just lacks of everything. Innovation, enthusiasm and risk-taking most of all.

Well lets see how this funny little race for the Moba-Shooter cake will turn out, gonna be funny to look at the marketing of these laughable people. I was really wondering the last years how Moba got so dominant in online-multiplayer-gaming. I always thought shooter would be the biggest segment in the future. But at some point in time shooter games somehow declined and Moba came up, and put Shooter and MMORPG on the lower ranks.

With the lack of innovation for new/other ways and risk-taking in MMORPG, I fully understand that they declined, and i think they fully deserved it. It was only natural and logical that they would lose attention.

But Shooter genre? why did it decline so much and got overrun by the MMORPG first and then Moba. 

You could have done the games the people are developing now everytime. they arent innovative or anything, its just shooter arena games with different game mechanics. But i guess some innovative Moba developers had to show the lazy, lame, boring developers first with their successful games that onlne multiplayer games got really potential, huge potential. And its really disgusting that you have to show money hungry, boring developers where there is potential within their own industry they work in or better for. Well and after burning themselves trying to make the next Moba game, they try it now with team moba shooters, but dont ever call them Moba.

Well lets see what they can do, not much from what I experienced the last years from them....

Always when I see on Conventions, how the game companys are trying to market themselves, and take a look at reality and compare it with gaming 10 years before, i get a cold shower on the neck......

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

I find it more worth to be mentioned that out of sudden there are shooter coming back to the main-audience. Shooter genre was dead the last six and more years. Always only the next Call of Duty and Battlefield, a bit Team frotress and that was it.

And now all of sudden one (Moba) shooter after the other comes out. Overwatch, Battleborn, Gigantic, Paladins, Bierzerkers, Orcs must die unchainend, the list goes on and on

After getting to understand that the lazy lame game industry companies wont get a piece of the Moba cake, because its taken. Now it seems the big run for the Moba-Shooter is breaking out. And dont call them moba all the lame bottom developers say, because they are afraid of get set in comparison or competition to League of legens, with which they burned themselves really hard already these amateurs. Nah not even amateurs are they, because amateurs means to be a person who does a thing because of passion and love for what the person does, but developer studios and gaming industry are just lazy, lame and boring, money hungry companies anymore, really so lame, when you were young and 3D graphics came to video games and you imgined, wow, if games are this good already, what will they be when i am adult, now you are adult, and gaming industry is really boring and disgusting, so witout passion or love or something, it lacks of everthing, innovation, enthusiasm and risk taking most of all.

Well lets see how this funny little of race for the Moba-Shooter cake will turn out, gonna be funny to look at the marketing of these laughable people. I was really wondering the last years how Moba got so dominant in online-multiplayer-gaming, i always thought shooter would be the biggest segment, but at some point in time shooter games somehow declined and Moba came up and put Shooter and MMORPG on the lower ranks. With the lack of innovation for new/other ways and risk-taking in MMORPG i fully understand that they declined, and i think they fully deserved it, it was only natural and logical that they would lose attention. But Shooter genre? why did it decline so much and got overrun by the MMORPG first and then Moba.  You could have done the games the people are developing now everytime. they arent innovative or anything, its just shooter arena games with different game mechanics. But i guess some innovative Moba developers had to show the lazy, lame, boring developers first with their successful games that onlne multiplayer games git really potential, huge potential. And its really disgusting that you have to show money hungry boring developers where there is potential within their own industry they work in or better for. Well and after burning themselves trying to make the next Moba game, they try it now with team moba shooters, but dont ever call them Moba. Well lets see what they can do, not much from what i experienced the last years from them....

Heroes of the Storm is doing well as a blizzard moba and their venture into hearthstone was extremely successful. 

In general the decline of shooters is because of the nature of the console fps community.  People saw what CoD and Halo were doing there, and much like WoW with mmorpgs they started trying to clone. 

Then you have CSGO which went back to the basics and was extremely successful because of it.  The novelty of perks and vehicles and all that jazz wears off quickly and trying to out cod the cod series is just as futile as trying to outwow world of warcraft. 

i dont really like calling first person or third person action games mobas... I think they play so differently from the isometric mobas and have a completely different control mechanics...

Heroes of the Storm is doing well as a blizzard moba and their venture into hearthstone was extremely successful. 

In general the decline of shooters is because of the nature of the console fps community.  People saw what CoD and Halo were doing there, and much like WoW with mmorpgs they started trying to clone. 

Then you have CSGO which went back to the basics and was extremely successful because of it.  The novelty of perks and vehicles and all that jazz wears off quickly and trying to out cod the cod series is just as futile as trying to outwow world of warcraft. 

i dont really like calling first person or third person action games mobas... I think they play so differently from the isometric mobas and have a completely different control mechanics...

Its just taht take now over elements of Moba's into the shooter genre. With leveling, character progression, NPC waves (or just NPCs standing somewhere) in PvP shooters. Some things of this were already made like in call of duty with perks and such. But this, you can really tell its inspired by Moba.

But i know what you mean. For me they are just shooter (multiplayer online battle arena) games. So the term Moba can be used for online shooters as well perfectly. But for me they are just shooters with new or forgotten elements, of Moba games.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

I find it ridiculous when people who are awful at a game try to talk down about it...

Pretty much.

I've played Eve Online, Darkfall, Mortal Online and a whole load of full-loot pvp games for the hardcore types.

But still, some of the best small group combat I've had comes from 3v3 WoW arena. Anyone who thinks that it doesn't take skill is either ignorant or stupid. Or both.

I think it will be a nice change.  It's a lot of content they are introducing and it's a return to a time that people really loved the game.  The game also grew like crazy during TBC.

The systems around pvp in WoW are the most well tuned of any game to exist to be honest.  Movement is amazing, spells work, the net code is amazing, there are very few exploits and bugs considering the size of player base.

People who complain about WoW pvp probably aren't good at any sort of pvp unless it's standing in the back and getting carried.  WoW arena demands individual skill and complete participation when you get into a real MMR.

Edited by facerip

Yea WoW pvp is/was far from perfect, but high rated arena took a lot of skill.  There are many problems with WoW, but that doesn't mean there weren't aspects of it that were very good.