Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

System Requirements

Tlope

I was wondering with my current PC specs if I will be able to run this game on medium or above settings or if i need to look to upgrade! 

Anyone insight would be greatly appreciated, also feel free to post your specs.

Cyber Power PC Desktop Stealth Rogue 250

Intel Core i5 4590

8gb of RAM

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti

64 bit Quad Core Processor 

"Paint me like one of your French girls Jack"

-Unknown

Smash that piggy bank!   ;)

I don't like the sound of that....

-Unknown

I'm thinking since this runs on Unity, and Voxel sounds purely processor intensive, you would be fine at mid settings. But as others said, no one knows the min req yet, and sieges with a large number of players/physics/etc could throw a monkey wrench in there.

I guess I should look into upgrading my toaster...

-Unknown

I'm planning to hold off on any upgrades until we have more info, just in case. 6-12 months from now the same items will be cheaper too.

Always the best idea. Hold off until right before release to make purchases if Crowfall is all yer waiting for, you'll get the best bang for yer buck.

If you have really bad frame rate you'll still be performing a valuable testing service being a target dummy :)

I like to look out for fellow players!

-Unknown

I was wondering with my current PC specs if I will be able to run this game on medium or above settings or if i need to look to upgrade! 

Anyone insight would be greatly appreciated, also feel free to post your specs.

Cyber Power PC Desktop Stealth Rogue 250

Intel Core i5 4590

8gb of RAM

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti

64 bit Quad Core Processor 

The 750Ti isn't going to do any serious 4K gaming, but it's a decent card at 1920x1080.

I agree with warcrimes that Crowfall is likely to be CPU bound rather than GPU bound, and your i5 4590 is a great platform.

I suspect you'll be fine.

This thread belongs in Hardware.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I am same opinion as Jihan. You got a good solid system, dont call it a toaster man.   :)

Also

Buy the time Crowfall will release there are gonna be the next generation of graphic cards out since a long time, and you will get the present graphic card generation at a real low price. The difference from this grahic card generation to the next will be huge, because it will be a whole new architecture with whole new technical production process, while the Nvidea 700 and 900 series are all based on the 600 series, they are just refreshs of the 600 series with much improvements and updating, but not whole new generation technology.

And AMD seems to bring out really good stuff with this new generation of graphic cards too, so there is gonna be good competition.

Same with CPU

Next year new CPU architectures will come out by Intel and AMD.

AMD will bring out a whole new architecture, with which they really give it all they have, because if this wont be good, AMD would be done for, and they know this. So they are doing all they can to make this next generation of AMD CPU a good competitive choice.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Next year new CPU architectures will come out by Intel and AMD.

Skylake came out yesterday.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Intel had some issues with their lineup, i think one of their product lines will only run a few month before already the next generation will come on the market right?

Edited by Urahara

The 750 TI is nice, but if you're looking for a good upgrade try EVGA GeForce GTX 960, 970 or 980 cards. I'm currently saving my monies for a 970 because the 980 cards can cost up to around $1000 and I'm not that rich... yet.  ;)

Other than that, the only upgrade you will need is the RAM. It's not urgent because 8GB is great and is enough for most games these days, but when you go  +12GB you never go back.   :P

Your CPU (i5) is great for gaming, so unless you are a tech junkie and must have a top of line machine, then you should get an i7, but if you aren't don't worry. 

Edited by zero2none

The 750 TI is nice, but if you're looking for a good upgrade try EVGA GeForce GTX 960, 970 or 980 cards. I'm currently saving my monies for a 970 because the 980 cards can cost up to around $1000 and I'm not that rich... yet.  ;)

Other than that, the only upgrade you will need for awhile is the RAM. 8GB is great and is enough for most games these days, but when you go  +12GB you never go back.   :P

I really would advise you to wait for the next generation of graphic cards. Pascal is gonna be like 10x faster than Maxwell (600, 700, 900), by very rough estimates. But the new generation will be really much more powerful then the 900 series. You would waste very much performance if you upgrade now to 900, and money too. So if you dont really need to upgrade right now, you should wait. Also the 900 series will be very much cheaper when the new generation of GPU comes out.

The 600, 700 and 900er series of Nvidea was based on the Maxwell architecture. The new architecture is called Pascal.

Edited by Urahara

Intel had some issues with their lineup, i think one of their product lines will only run a few month before already the next generation will come on the market right?

Broadwell was late and will have a relatively short run, Skylake is the update.

Tully

Broadwell was late and will have a relatively short run, Skylake is the update.

Hopefully AMD gets their stuff together this time and can compete with it. It would be hard if AMD drops out, the Intel prices are already getting high because the lack of competition. So lets hope the AMD Zen CPUs can compete with them. I got high hopes, the person who made the Athlon design is in charge of it, which was a great success.