Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Angry Crows - The Crowfall Political Forum

valor

“War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means.” 
― 
Carl von Clausewitz

styleLogo-9dc4e47762bb0b107b8ec9a18bd875

There exists in serious PvP MMO's, a concept that is often undervalued during the design and development phase, that provides a bridge between the sinews of the the game and the reality of existence of those who participate and generate the real content within the community. This concept is not tangible though it has existed in a variety of media through the years, yet is often considered one of the most important elements of a game who's mechanics support persistent conflict, war. While participating in a war in an MMO, the fact that you and your community have logged out of the game for the night or day does not mean that conflict is at rest. Instead, it lives onward in the interaction through whatever medium is available, often through the official forums. It has been known by many names in the past, each with their own shadows cast upon the history of their respective games.

Forumbane!

Forumfall!

We're familiar with their historytheir respective participants, and the impact each had on in game conflicts. It's clear that participation on varying levels has laid the groundwork for the rise and fall of nations and while far from a requirement for success in game, those who have been able to tiptoe the dangerous line of politics have harvested the most salty of tears from their opponents. Let us then, once again, enjoy the political strife that has sprouted from the participation of a collection of individuals, on a mostly un-moderated platform, as we engage in and enjoy all conversations that the game of Crowfall can support.

Why Angry Crows?
Artcraft Entertainment has made the decision that their forums should remain in a format that provides constructive conversations and is helpful to new members. Their approach to moderation within their community has already sent many away from their forums because of it's currently uninhabitable atmosphere for full and unbridled interaction of members and guilds. Simply, they do not intend to support the concept that has proven itself important in every major large scale PvP MMO to date.

Humbly, these forums are an offering for the platform that could become the forumfall for CF, and as such, it has been determined that the rules should be kept to as few as possible.

Current Website Features:

1. Guild Tags- Guild leaders are capable of verifying their account for approval to receive the rank of "Guild Leader".  This rank opens up permissions to create a guild tag that you can manage who joins and represents your guild.
  2. Angry Crows Shoutbox- It's nothing special, but it's fun and lets you converse with whoever is online. 
  3. Light moderation to allow the community to create its own personality without structured influences
  4. No IP address visibility- We have always restricted IP address visibility to only administrators throughout development, but we have turned off IP addresses completely.  **We will turn this back on if it becomes essential to the security/integrity/stability of the site.
  5. Mobile Friendly- One of the big issues we chose these forums is their mobile friendly integration

The Only Existing Rules of Angry Crows:
Below will be the only standing rules for the community with a brief explanation for their importance.

1. No Not Safe For Work(NSFW) Content
Understanding that many within Crowfall will be accessing these forums from their work computers, it is important to accept that to ensure maximum participation that we maintain a SFW appearance.

2. No Illegal Content
To maintain a site, we need to be mindful of the law. Any association with illegal content could be reported and the site shut down if not dealt with. Yes, players will report poorly made socks to the cops, so don't be a moron.

3. No Doxxing Allowed
Doxxing: Or, researching and sharing the real life information of participants within Crowfall is not allowed. We are gamers, playing a video game. If you feel the need to Dox(x) someone, then you are probably not good enough to be here anyway and should refocus yourself on your gameplay and improving your political capabilities.

4. No Excessive Spamming
This is one of those sadly required rules that far too often tend to be needed. Eventually, someone is going to go around all disgruntled off trying to custard up the forums, yes... you will be banned.

The Future of Angry Crows-

There is much left we want to implement and we have some exciting opportunities to make that happen, but we will continue to pursue any features that will support and encourage social interaction between individuals and communities, especially in relation to the politics of Crowfall.  We will have frequent updates with our progress and intend to integrate any/as much from Crowfall's API that we can.

Edited by valor

Current List of Guilds Who've Been Invited:

The Professionals
Undead Lords
The Bastages
Sugoi
Legend Gaming (Ascendence)
Ghosts of War
Lantern Watch
Lords of the Dead
Knights of Shadow
Pax/Maelstrom
Dark Order of Caine
KGB
Filthy Casuals
Wildfire Brotherhood
Black Shields
The Unnamed Gaming Company
The Ancient Order
The Shipwrecked Pirates
The Duchey Of Wessex
Oran Thul
Sinister
The Tenth
SUN
Furia Guild 
The Blackhand Order
The Knights Templar
Among the Shadows
Kill Cult
Covert Operations
Evil Bastages
Fist of the Empire
Outcry Gaming
Sinister Tyrants
OPP
Keepers of the Darkside (KDS)
Absolution
Spectre Legion
Soldiers of Thunderstorm
The Black Watch
Ultima Noxa
Societas Daemonica
The UnDeAd Army (UDA)
Grievance
VAMP

War Machine
Xen of Onslaught
QFT
-X-
Winterblades

Commander Reborn
Caldera
Chalcitis

Edited by valor

“War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means.” 

― 

Carl von Clausewitz

styleLogo-9dc4e47762bb0b107b8ec9a18bd875

There exists in serious PvP MMO's, a concept that is often undervalued during the design and development phase, that provides a bridge between the sinews of the the game and the reality of existence of those who participate and generate the real content within the community. This concept is not tangible though it has existed in a variety of media through the years, yet is often considered one of the most important elements of a game who's mechanics support persistent conflict, war. While participating in a war in an MMO, the fact that you and your community have logged out of the game for the night or day does not mean that conflict is at rest. Instead, it lives onward in the interaction through whatever medium is available, often through the official forums. It has been known by many names in the past, each with their own shadows cast upon the history of their respective games.

Forumbane!

Forumfall!

We're familiar with their historytheir respective participants, and the impact each had on in game conflicts. It's clear that participation on varying levels has laid the groundwork for the rise and fall of nations and while far from a requirement for success in game, those who have been able to tiptoe the dangerous line of politics have harvested the most salty of tears from their opponents. Let us then, once again, enjoy the political strife that has sprouted from the participation of a collection of individuals, on a mostly un-moderated platform, as we engage in and enjoy all conversations that the game of Crowfall can support.

Why Angry Crows?

Artcraft Entertainment has made the decision that their forums should remain in a format that provides constructive conversations and is helpful to new members. Their approach to moderation within their community has already sent many away from their forums because of it's currently uninhabitable atmosphere for full and unbridled interaction of members and guilds. Simply, they do not intend to support the concept that has proven itself important in every major large scale PvP MMO to date.

Humbly, these forums are an offering for the platform that could become the forumfall for CF, and as such, it has been determined that the rules should be kept to as few as possible.

Current Website Features:

1. Guild Tags- Guild leaders are capable of verifying their account for approval to receive the rank of "Guild Leader".  This rank opens up permissions to create a guild tag that you can manage who joins and represents your guild.
  2. Angry Crows Shoutbox- It's nothing special, but it's fun and lets you converse with whoever is online. 
  3. Light moderation to allow the community to create its own personality without structured influences
  4. No IP address visibility- We have always restricted IP address visibility to only administrators throughout development, but we have turned off IP addresses completely.  **We will turn this back on if it becomes essential to the security/integrity/stability of the site.
  5. Mobile Friendly- One of the big issues we chose these forums is their mobile friendly integration

The Only Existing Rules of Angry Crows:

Below will be the only standing rules for the community with a brief explanation for their importance.

1. No Not Safe For Work(NSFW) Content

Understanding that many within Crowfall will be accessing these forums from their work computers, it is important to accept that to ensure maximum participation that we maintain a SFW appearance.

2. No Illegal Content

To maintain a site, we need to be mindful of the law. Any association with illegal content could be reported and the site shut down if not dealt with. Yes, players will report poorly made socks to the cops, so don't be a moron.

3. No Doxxing Allowed

Doxxing: Or, researching and sharing the real life information of participants within Crowfall is not allowed. We are gamers, playing a video game. If you feel the need to Dox(x) someone, then you are probably not good enough to be here anyway and should refocus yourself on your gameplay and improving your political capabilities.

4. No Excessive Spamming

This is one of those sadly required rules that far too often tend to be needed. Eventually, someone is going to go around all disgruntled off trying to custard up the forums, yes... you will be banned.

The Future of Angry Crows-

There is much left we want to implement and we have some exciting opportunities to make that happen, but we will continue to pursue any features that will support and encourage social interaction between individuals and communities, especially in relation to the politics of Crowfall.  We will have frequent updates with our progress and intend to integrate any/as much from Crowfall's API that we can.

Greetings Valor, VIKINGNAIL here, by NSFW do you mean in regards to language as well?  Or are we just talking about pictures, and links and stuff of that nature.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Greetings Valor, VIKINGNAIL here, by NSFW do you mean in regards to language as well?  Or are we just talking about pictures, and links and stuff of that nature.

Pictures, GIF's, Links, Videos.  Visually NSFW.  You could post your own erotica blog if you wanted.

A link to the site would be beneficial to get visitors.  ;)

I've got them in there in a few spots. :D

Pictures, GIF's, Links, Videos.  Visually NSFW.  You could post your own erotica blog if you wanted.

But, but they are not clickable! Now I have to copy and paste, but I'm just being lazy here.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

So you are telling me someone could use whatever language they like as long as it doesn't conflict with those rules?  If that's the case that is splendid news... seems like a fansite that finally "gets" it. 

Edit:  Also is there a language filter?

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

So you are telling me someone could use whatever language they like as long as it doesn't conflict with those rules?  If that's the case that is splendid news... seems like a fansite that finally "gets" it. 

Edit:  Also is there a language filter?

No filter. The only rules are the ones stated above.

There's a few other guilds I think that aren't part of that list. I'm probably wrong but me and valor worked a long time on getting a lot of guilds involved in this site. Should be a fun time.

Edited by cannibal man

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

No filter. The only rules are the ones stated above.

There's a few other guilds I think that aren't part of that list. I'm probably wrong but me and valor worked a long time on getting a lot of guilds involved in this site. Should be a fun time.

Yea I talked to valor about some interpretations of the rules... I still don't feel like it's truly as free as it should be, but it's more free than most of the other offsite i've seen, and it's really organized and clean and with some good intuitive policies (like the no IP stuff)....

Yea I talked to valor about some interpretations of the rules... I still don't feel like it's truly as free as it should be, but it's more free than most of the other offsite i've seen, and it's really organized and clean and with some good intuitive policies (like the no IP stuff)....

I have a firm belief that a good discussion can only happen at a place that not only is free, but advocates for it as well. So the fact I'm a moderator at this forum should be telling enough.

I have a firm belief that a good discussion can only happen at a place that not only is free, but advocates for it as well. So the fact I'm a moderator at this forum should be telling enough.

Uh huh... :P

I'm not a guild, but if you're going to evoke the name Forumbane, which I coined, I should have been invited.

This thread is an invitation. Now come join the cool club.