Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adall

Welcome All Asians!

日本や韓国、中国、台湾、シンガポールなど、クロフォールの現地化、おめでとうございます!
Congratulations to Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, and Singapore on your localizations!

(and any other Chinese-speaking countries I'm forgetting)

Edited by draco_nite

Woe woe woe...This thread is feeling a little racist.

Welcome Chine-oresn-apenese players!

Wait I just realized that they are getting there own site so how are they ever going to see this? Can we send a huge signed screenshot from all of us or something to them? :D

Edited by Keaggan

日本や韓国、中国、台湾、シンガポールなど、クロフォールの現地化、おめでとうございます!

Congratulations to Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, and Singapore on your localizations!

(and any other Chinese-speaking countries I'm forgetting)

There is only one Chinese(well, Mandarin technically) speaking country..

Member of The BlackHand Order

...Chinese is spoken in Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Macau (those are cantonese, but cantonese and mandarin are written the same way)

Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau are all Chinese, for all intents and purposes. They do not have any real independence from China at all, might as well bring up Tibet then. I wasn't aware it's an official language in Singapore though.

Also there is a very large difference between written mandarin and cantonese in modern times, it was only the same until 1956 or so.. I can read mandarin perfectly but when my girlfriend writes in cantonese it's complete gibberish to me.

Edited by Zushakon

Member of The BlackHand Order

Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau are all Chinese, for all intents and purposes. They do not have any real independence from China at all, might as well bring up Tibet then. I wasn't aware it's an official language in Singapore though.

Also there is a very large difference between written mandarin and cantonese in modern times, it was only the same until 1956 or so.. I can read mandarin perfectly but when my girlfriend writes in cantonese it's complete gibberish to me.

Taiwan doesn't have any independence from China? That's like saying that the US doesn't have any independence from the UK.

I'll give you Hong Kong and Macau, those are basically Chinese at this point, but Taiwan? Really? The place that literally claims to be the soveirgn government of all of mainland China and Mongolia?

Edited by draco_nite

Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau are all Chinese, for all intents and purposes.

This is correct.  Very broadly speaking, they are all ethnic Chinese.  Just as many Americans are ethnic English, German, Irish, etc.

They do not have any real independence from China at all

Ah, thanks for the update.  Would you mind updating the 300,000 active duty and 3,000,000 reservists of the ROC in Taiwan?

Also, I just looked out my window.  I see a Taiwanese flag flying, but don't see any Chinese one.

As long as you're around updating the Taiwanese military, could you also update the banks?  They're using this strange currency called New Taiwanese Dollars.  I tried to spend my Chinese Yuan here, but they looked at me like I was crazy.  I guess not everyone got the update.

All the government offices are out of date, too.  They're all referring to Taiwan as part of the Republic of China (ROC / 中華民國) which has its own constitution and democratically elected government.  I guess someone should tell them that it's now called the People's Republic of China (PRC / 中華人民共和國) though.  Would you mind?

might as well bring up Tibet then

A country with no military, no physical border of separation, and which still officially isn't a part of mainland China?  Good comparison.

I can read mandarin perfectly but when my girlfriend writes in cantonese it's complete gibberish to me.

That's possibly because you can only read simplified characters, not traditional. 我會講國語 and 我会讲国语 are both Chinese characters, the former is traditional, the latter is simplified.  However they are both pronounced exactly the same -- there is no written "mandarin" or "cantonese".  They are all Chinese characters.  Macau, Hong Kong and Taiwan all use traditional characters, but the former two speak Cantonese, while Taiwan speaks Mandarin.  I have no problem reading most things in Hong Kong, but if I try to pronounce anything, it will be gibberish to a Cantonese speaker.  Same goes the other way around.

The Republic of China (中華民國) or ROC is the democratically elected government of ALL of mainland China, Mongolia, arguably Tibet and finally Taiwan.  Currently, it only has one provence and that is Taiwan, but to call it the same or part of mainland China (PRC) is not only insensistive, it is ignorant.

Full disclosure: I am a caucaision born and raised in America who has become a citizen of the Repulic of China, currently live in Taiwan, and speak fluent Chinese.

OKAY.  Rant over.  Sorry if that came across as hostile (it really wasn't, I was trying to be more funny than anything), and I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by going too off topic.  But I'd also like to say WELCOME to all the future asian players!  I've been doing everything I can to spread the word about this game to my Taiwanese and Chinese friends.  So far I have 2 recruits, but I'm hoping to get more!

If there's any need for translation or regional representation, please know that I'm ready to help in any way I can!

Edited by kpom