Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Marriage in Crowfall

Will I be able to marry that special someone, assuming I really like the person ?

from what I've seen "marriage" in most online games is a feature that just draws in a lot of histrionic, emotionally unbalanced types, they would just be a headache in a pvp style game. they seem to have a lot of genuine emotional problems...if the game brings in role players to that extent, where marriage is a thing, it would be a nightmare. I don't get the sense CF is going that direction though, it's more about guilds, holding/taking land/loot etc.

even in j todd's previous game, wiz101...which is supposed to be for a younger crowd...adults with pretty serious issues made their in-game relationships a focus, did the marriage stuff...it was really uncomfortable to see.

Edited by dead sparrow
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ugh. god I hope not. more pointless crap. focus more on game mechanics, pvp, and siege plz. this literally could not matter any less.

Does that mean that if we can get married, we could get divorced too? I shall get divorced and take all your money, gear, EVERYTHING that you own rofl

Just as you shouldn't need a state/government for it, you shouldn't need in-game mechanics to marry.   But seriously....  

Taking this seriously for a moment (I suspect this thread is just light trolling):

- medieval/feudal ties were often sealed by strategic marriages

- these marriages were political, not love matches

In this sense, marriage ties become part of the politics.  Of course, this assumes the game will have families, nobility and some sort of deep feudal system, which would be cool but I doubt they will go that route.  

Taking this seriously for a moment (I suspect this thread is just light trolling):

- medieval/feudal ties were often sealed by strategic marriages

- these marriages were political, not love matches

In this sense, marriage ties become part of the politics.  Of course, this assumes the game will have families, nobility and some sort of deep feudal system, which would be cool but I doubt they will go that route.  

I actually took the thread as a serious question considering a lot of MMOs are patching in a marriage system.

I'll disagree. The more features a game may have the larger of a crowd you may attract. Of course I do agree that the small things such as marriage is something that can be later added as a patch down the road. 

Lotro has an in game "marriage system"  it effects stats , etc.......large weddings are planned, musician guilds attend, guilds host receptions etc.   Never participated.  I can see the attraction though for role players.   Being that it is repeatedly being stated that this is a "niche" game, I highly doubt that the "niche" it is being created for ( suposedly) would want to have such game play included , EVER. 

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

For those complaining about taking the role playing out of an RPG because we say that the game doesn't need a built in mechanic for marriage do not know what Role Playing means. Shadowbane had roleplaying guilds and no built in role playing mechanics like a "marriage" and what do you know Shadowbane had roleplaying marriages. Go ask the Dragonscale guild about the marriage of King Steven on the Mourning server.

You DO NOT need a game mechanic to Role Play

You DO NOT need the game to "allow" marriage to Role Play a marriage.

Just say your married and act like your married that is all you need in a game, we don't need the devs wasting time on something you can do without them.

Edited by gauis

Laughter will you marry me?

I wish to marry into the moderator hierarchy.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Creepy, useless, pointless and senseless.

Waste of time and money.

Part me says, why the hell not?  It can't be that difficult to incorporate into the game if it's content some players would enjoy.

Then I think of people crying on the boards about their petition for name change not going through  while two greasy fat guys rehearse their vows scratching themselves elbow deep in a bag of family size Cheetos....................

I guess Laughter doesnt want to marry me.

I guess someone's going on my guilds Kill on Sight list.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Well, instead of just dismissing this out of hand let me ask: What rules would you want to game to enforce when you married another player? Basically, what do you want to change in the game world when one player marries another? If you don't have an answer to that then I guess all I can say is that you can roleplay whatever you want, nothing will stop you.

Click here to join the Crowfall Discord chat community

Sekket on Mourning. Bhorov on Test Server. Youma the Pirate wherever TSP has sailed.

I really don't care if I can marry other players or not since I wouldn't use that feature even if it did exist. So why not implement it? I don't see any harm in extra features that don't bother me in any way. As long as I can keep my zombie harem of decomposing sexslaves...

Invincibility lies in the defence, the chance of victory; in the attack.