Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rajah

Marriage in Crowfall

Houston is 2nd to Seattle to asian persuasion? I'd expect some CA towns to be second... Thanks for info! ;)

Joking aside...Houston has a huuuuge Asian pop...half of Vietnam showed up in the 70's which caused some racist jerks to be ...um racist jerks...they had klan on shrimp boats ...it was ugly.

seconded by Chinese, with Koreans bringing up the rear.

Jus looked it up Texas is back to #3 with California 1, and new York 2 (2010 census)  

I also forgot Asian also means indian...which we have a good chunk of too.

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

Taking this seriously for a moment (I suspect this thread is just light trolling):

- medieval/feudal ties were often sealed by strategic marriages

- these marriages were political, not love matches

In this sense, marriage ties become part of the politics.  Of course, this assumes the game will have families, nobility and some sort of deep feudal system, which would be cool but I doubt they will go that route.  

That's what treaties are for.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Marriages are called guild mergers.

The magical thing about extra features is everyone has a choice to use it or not. Might you personally not care for marriage in-game perhaps others do. I know the roleplaying crowd loves aspects such as this. 

Those extra features take resources and time to create.

Edited by frozenshadow

I'm all for it, at least for those of you who want it.

I'm recently divorced so even the thought of a "pretend" marriage makes me want to put my fist through this screen. If they include hand holding or kissing you can be sure I'll have plenty of jewelry and furniture made from dismembered arms and lips... assuming actual butchery and battle trophies are included in the game with marriage.

So, yeah. Include marriage and flowered gazebos for those who are pro-marriage, also include gruesome dismemberment and "trophy rooms" for those of us who have already been married. 

I'm all for it, at least for those of you who want it.

I'm recently divorced so even the thought of a "pretend" marriage makes me want to put my fist through this screen. If they include hand holding or kissing you can be sure I'll have plenty of jewelry and furniture made from dismembered arms and lips... assuming actual butchery and battle trophies are included in the game with marriage.

So, yeah. Include marriage and flowered gazebos for those who are pro-marriage, also include gruesome dismemberment and "trophy rooms" for those of us who have already been married. 

So what you're really saying is.........you got screwed in the settlement.  Sorry.

Hand holding and Kissing?  No and No 

No value to the game play.  None.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

So what you're really saying is.........you got screwed in the settlement.  Sorry.

No - I got everything I wanted out of the settlement, just not the marriage.

Sure, include weddings in the game...

Only if I can charge in with a group of bros, massacre the entire audience, behead the bride and groom and keep their heads as trophies for my wall or battlements, all the while debating between killing the priest or giving him a few coins for his troubles.

Edited by GIHunter6

Crashing RP weddings in-game is incredibly entertaining. So many people struggling to contain their rage within the realm of roleplaying while a handful of interlopers wade through a field of corpses--it's just too great an opportunity to miss imo.

2eyfm20.jpg

The fealty graphic they showed seems to indicate something like marriage will be in:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/907-012015-character-creation-preview-runes-runes-runes/

Note there are dukes and duchesses.

On the other hand, this can't be a geneaology chart as it shows some sort of reindeer having a human descendant.  Prolly there will be lots of tweaking.  It would be great if they allowed nations to choose their own form of government, which would change the hierarchy and titles for the fealty chart, as well as have other in-game effects.

Edited by cemya

Not really thrilled about the idea of marriage. Unless the married couple got stat boosts when in the same area of course, then I'd be all for it xD

I'm not following this train of thought at all.

Edited by phatcat09

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

The fealty graphic they showed seems to indicate something like marriage will be in:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/907-012015-character-creation-preview-runes-runes-runes/

Note there are dukes and duchesses.

On the other hand, this can't be a geneaology chart as it shows some sort of reindeer having a human descendant.  Prolly there will be lots of tweaking.  It would be great if they allowed nations to choose their own form of government, which would change the hierarchy and titles for the fealty chart, as well as have other in-game effects.

I think you're confusing a fealty chart for a genealogy chart.  The chart simply shows who has sworn fealty to who.  It has nothing to do with marriage or other family ties. 

I'm not following this train of thought at all.

What I'm saying is, unless there is some kind of benefit to getting married like boosted stats, I don't really want marriage in the game.

If you don't know what I mean by boosted stats, it would basically mean if the two characters who got married were in, I don't know, 100 yards of each other, some if not all of their stats would get boosted by 10% or something.

7lXqKFL.gif

I think you're confusing a fealty chart for a genealogy chart.  The chart simply shows who has sworn fealty to who.  It has nothing to do with marriage or other family ties. 

Yes, I do know the difference.  However, they could have just made the chart show only guild crests.  The fact they use character portraits and titles suggests they may be thinking of having such titles have a meaning in-game.  But again, this is just speculation.  In medieval times, fealty and geneaology charts bore a close relation to each other.

To my knowledge, if they actually had family trees and primogeniture and all that as game mechanics (e.g. not just fluff) it would be a first in MMO's.  It would get really complicated if they add non-human races as well, since one could imagine they'd have entirely different approaches (unless the non-humans were made completely human-like except for appearances, as in Narnia).

Edited by cemya

What I'm saying is, unless there is some kind of benefit to getting married like boosted stats, I don't really want marriage in the game.

If you don't know what I mean by boosted stats, it would basically mean if the two characters who got married were in, I don't know, 100 yards of each other, some if not all of their stats would get boosted by 10% or something.

why would they have to be even in game at the same time to get the boost in  stats if a marriage boost was given?  You are only married if your spouse is within sight?  LOL   We don't want to make this too realistic   :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Marriage is cool in game, lets out of game couples and some roleplayers have that little extra in the game. As long as it doesn't have any effect on the game rather than maybe a family name title or something it really doesn't matter either way to me if its in or not.

I'm not down with this.  I find it creepy.

Yes Yes it is creepy... I mean really wedding vows via game is kinda silly takes the whole fun out of getting REAL LIFE married - and being able to make that magical day happen is so much fun ... now dont get me wrong it's cute and all but really for a pvp style game it's un-necessary 

Edited by majestic

~Majestic~

GL of Questionable Motives

"I don't do touchy, feely....I do scratchy, bleedy"