Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChaosU

Alpha And Beta Dates?

Alpha testing starts late this summer. We have no info regarding specific phases between the start of testing and live release; we're speculating about 2-3 months per phase but that's purely guesswork from the outside.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

As Jihan mentioned, 2-3 months before we get to another group in average would make sense to me, since there are 3 Alpha and 6 Beta groups and the estimated release date is around December 2016. I expect that the pre-alpha and alpha group will join on a much slower pace than the beta groups, since there are already many backers registered for the early tests and that only a certain number of players could be needed for the the combat module and subsequent phases.

A recent ACE message about testing groups :

Our first test is a pre-alpha test.  Our pre-alpha testers will be the first test group for this test.  Expect us to do this first test over a few weeks, as we want to be able react to feedback and have new game builds as we expand the test group.

We've already said that we'll be letting the alpha 1 testers into this test also (in groups, in the order of their pledging).  We are doing this in order to get more testing feedback (there simply aren't enough pre-alpha testers to give us all the feedback we'd like, plus it's appropriate to reward early backers where we can).

By the time we close the pre-alpha test, we'll schedule our next test based on both our ongoing development plans and what we learn from (and must react to) this first pre-alpha test.

This is a great topic for us to expound on in a founders update sometime during the coming weeks.

Hey Pann, was this announced? I Googled the release dates for the alphas/betas and found this thread.

We know that Siege Perilous is still considered pre-alpha testing, though it will include testers up to alpha 3. They've said that after that will be testing the campaign/parcel building tools, followed by the first campaign. My guess is that the first campaign will mark the official beginning of alpha, since that will likely be the first time we have persistent test servers. SP in March. Figure the building tools in June. First campaign in August or September?

Dates are still TBD (to be determined). We'll make a big announcement when that changes. 

Is time to Invite beta #3 bakers into the action, want to try direct in game your amazing progresses.*-*

Archduchess Alice

Pre-Alpha 2.0: Siege Perilous is slated to begin before the end of the month. We are not announcing the dates for any testing phases beyond that since dates are so highly subject to change (based on test results for each phase). 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community