Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2016 Fort Prices

So I was looking in the pledge store and was presented with several different fort, keep and castle options. Just looking at the smallest one we have

2016 small fort  -40$

2015 small fort  -30$

kickstarter fort   -30$

What is the difference between them, and why is the 2016 one more expensive? They all seem to have the same flavour text and concept art. Is it just a colour swap? Does the little banner on it have any meaning?

Is it intended that the 2016 forts cost $10 more than their KS/2015 equivalents?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Is it intended that the 2016 forts cost $10 more than their KS/2015 equivalents?

it maybe that 2016 fort will be expensive, so who's going live through 2015 they might get good deal about it or that's probably a bug.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

This is not a bug. This is a design choice by Ace.

Interesting. Can you link me to the dev statement on that subject? Did they offer any explanation of their thinking?

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Well Tyrant has said before that the sooner you back/pledge/support Crowfall the better deal you get. I don't know if this applies to this case as well, but it could explain the price differences. 2015+KS buildings not being available for 2016 backers would fit in that theory.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I reckon Canth is right about the better deal ACE intend to grant to earlier supporter.

On the other hand I see that if a 2015+KS backer decide to buy a 2016 small fort, the building is purchased for an higher cost than the others (equivalent building excepting for color/texture).

Honestly I'm inclined to believe there is a mistake. 

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

"Earlier backers get better deals" does not make sense as an explanation for this, since if I purchase any fort today I'm purchasing it equally early.

If they intend for forts to become more expensive next year, the logical thing to do would be to raise the prices next year.

Tully

Interesting. Can you link me to the dev statement on that subject? Did they offer any explanation of their thinking?

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/7601-fort-2016-sale/

I am pretty sure its not a bug, they know the prices themselves how this shows. Its just like with the KS bundles were better than the 2015 edition, that the 2015 editions are better price than the 2016 edition too.

"Earlier backers get better deals" does not make sense as an explanation for this, since if I purchase any fort today I'm purchasing it equally early.

If they intend for forts to become more expensive next year, the logical thing to do would be to raise the prices next year.

It makes sense very much.

The Fort 2015 is only available in 2015, and comes at a better price, and even had a sale where it costed around -33%.

In 2016 the Fort 2015 will be gone and you can only buy a Fort 2016, which costs more by default and wont have a sale for a limited period of time with reduced price.

I would be interested, if you bought like a contributer pack as kickstarter version, you can buy the KS version for the caste now in the shop as well?

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

The price is correct.  The 2016 buildings will cost more than the KS or 2015 versions.

Kickstarter backers (on our site or the Kickstarter site), or even owners of a Kickstarter pledge package can buy Kickstarter strongholds while they remain in the store.  We kind of need to get them all in before we think about taking them down though.  :)

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Yep, right here  B)

The price is correct.  The 2016 buildings will cost more than the KS or 2015 versions.

Kickstarter backers (on our site or the Kickstarter site), or even owners of a Kickstarter pledge package can buy Kickstarter strongholds while they remain in the store.  We kind of need to get them all in before we think about taking them down though.  :)

I was afraid of that answer, now I really feel like second priority at best, and that for total unnecessary reasons.

It makes zero sense to let KS backers who bought a KS Contributer package having the option to buy KS strongholds but 2015 customers not.

While you may think of that as a special extraordinary award for your early supporters, it makes no sense to make it exclusive to one group of supporters.

I dont think any kickstarter backer who is mature would be honestly upset, if 2015 backers were given the option to buy a KS version of the strongholds too.

KS backers have their awesome packages, which are really much much better than anything 2015 or later customers will ever get, I think that is really a fair enough reward for their early support.

I intended to go for a sapphire package maybe, and wanted to buy 2 castles for that maybe. But having 2 times the same version of castle would be annoying.

As I dont really have much money at all, that would have been a huge investment for me and a big contribution I wanted to show for having trust in this project.

But due to this unnecessary business practice, which doesnt make sense to me, I wont upgrade.

Edited by Urahara

Until I see what the value is in having an ek, I will be holding off buying any more structures.  There is a severe disconnect between campaign worlds and Ek's.  An optional EK is not worth wasting another dime on IMHO.  Hence, I am telling my guild not to buy anything until we have more info.  I am even encouraging them not to buy a package until they give us more details about the game.  

It appears that some things are changing pretty drastically.

Edited by Nakawe

Until I see what the value is in having an ek, I will be holding off buying any more structures.  There is a severe disconnect between campaign worlds and Ek's.  An optional EK is not wasting another dime on IMHO.  Hence, I am telling my guild not to buy anything until we have more info.  I am even encouraging them not to buy a package until they give us more details about the game.  

It appears that some things are changing pretty drastically.

I would appreciate, if they make a total disconnect between campaign worlds and Ek's.

As they stated, winning a sports match or tournament doesnt give you any benefits or bonus to win it the next time again, so there shouldnt be any connections between CWs and EKs in that manner too.

Or make different CWs for people who want it that way or the other. Your system is actually so outstandig, well suited for variable, different tastes.

I only was willing to give them the money, because i really was/am having trust and faith in this project, and wanted to get into the game already. I am looking for such a game for so long now... .

It would be terrible if you would get gameplay benefits by giving them money, I wouldnt want that. That wouldnt be the game i want, then i gonna leave if that is ever gonna be the case.

Maybe I've never noticed this because I'm a KS backer but is the KS fort only available for sale to KS people?

That was always my hope that KS exclusive stuff was truly exclusive.

Yes, i cant buy it. Aaaand thanks for proving me wrong there   :P

Screw you Kickstarter master race, i gonna form alliance against your group

I would appreciate, if they make a total disconnect between campaign worlds and Ek's.

As they stated, winning a sports match or tournament doesnt give you any benefits or bonus to win it the next time again, so there shouldnt be any connections between CWs and EKs in that manner too.

Or make different CWs for people who want it that way or the other. Your system is actually so outstandig, well suited for variable, different tastes.

I only was willing to give them the money, because i really was/am having trust and faith in this project, and wanted to get into the game already. I am looking for such a game for so long now... .

It would be terrible if you would get gameplay benefits by giving them money, I wouldnt want that. That wouldnt be the game i want, then i gonna leave if that is ever gonna be the case.

There are tons of ways to make eks and cw's work together so it does not become pay to win....Longevity of the game is dependant on sales of something.  If their only source of income is stuff for an ek that has zero value and everyone focuses on just CW's then game has a serious flaws.  Furthermore, anyone spending any $$ on the ek portion would be a waste of $$, unless someone wanted a useless fluffy ek.

So they need to have different prices to keep in line with early bird gets the worm.  

Edited by Nakawe

That wouldnt be the game i want, then i gonna leave if that is ever gonna be the case.

They haven't and they won't. I'm a huge EK fan but I'm glad they won't have a huge impact on your CWs victory.

As long as the EKs have worthwhile and engaging features that you must grow the over time CW resources will matter.

There are tons of ways to make eks and cw's work together so it does not become pay to win....

Yes, as i stated i only wouldnt want to have gameplay affecting benefits from EKs in CWs. Or just make different CWs for different tastes, where this is possible or not possible, so people who really want that can in their CWs compete through their EKs indirectly too.

I read something about, you are going to be able to have in CWs buffs and boosts and such benefits from having relicts and trophies in your EKs. Also you can import stuff from your EK in the CWs, but thats gonna be very limited i heard.

There are tons of ways to make eks and cw's work together so it does not become pay to win....Longevity of the game is dependant on sales of something.  If their only source of income is stuff for an ek that has zero value and everyone focuses on just CW's then game has a serious flaws.  Furthermore, anyone spending any $$ on the ek portion would be a waste of $$, unless someone wanted a useless fluffy ek.

So they need to have different prices to keep in line with early bird gets the worm.  

1) Spending money you can afford for a game you like and wanna support isnt a waste of $$.

2) Guildwars 2, they game which introduced the "Buy to play" model Crowfall is using, doesnt even need such things as an EK to be economic successful. They only got an ingame shop for outfits, clothes, fun-items and stuff. And you can buy all things in the ingame shop for ingame currency as well if you exchange it for premium currency. GW 2 got the by far fairest business model out there till today and is successful.