Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
majestic

Pay to Play option?

Couldn't find the thread on p2p but I have an idea suggestion....not sure how it would work out but here's my idea.

For those people who enjoy playing but work a lot or don't always have time to play maybe have an option to do a day pass or something? Idk I spent a lot of money on wow and didn't play very often for the amount money i spent... so i was thinking for casual gamer who don't have a lot of money to spend this might be a neat option...no other game out there does that that I know of maybe because it's not cost effective I'm not sure. But it would be interesting to find out if it would work. 

~Majestic~

GL of Questionable Motives

"I don't do touchy, feely....I do scratchy, bleedy"

They already do something similar in Asia due to internet café's being very big there.

Even World of Warcraft, charged by minutes instead of months when it was localised in China.

I'm going to assume that the game will have an aspect of buying things in game for real money, since every game now-a-days has that option.  Hopefully they stick to cosmetic changes like CSGO/TF2/LOL/DOTA.  Basically, if it looks different but the stats are the same that's fine, but if you can buy items with better stat points, that will be unhealthy for not only the game's economy but the gameplay itself.

HfLOYLH.png

Wizard101 offers this.  The experience has left a sour taste in my mouth.  Mainly because they seem to hate and resent those of us who took that option.  I'll never go that route again because of it.  I don't understand why they offered buying areas with crowns (the in-game currency bought with real money) if they were going to resent us for using that and treating us as if we weren't playing the same as the members.  Most of us pay more than your average member who cancels between new content but we're treated like we don't pay at all.  It goes very, very badly.  Just be straight up and member only.  It's only a few dollars a month.  No cash shop whatsoever.

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

Yeah no P2W but P2W is some yeah... 

Bascialy "P2W" is only, if you only can get it trough shop. If they enable, the chance people sell this to Auction House its bascially no P2W. 

Definitely be P2P not P2W.. If we have to pay to play the game that's better.. Take a look what happened  to ArcheAge, the Alpha was good, but when it went F2P and released, so many people stopped playing. Plus, it's the only way for them to continue getting money for the game without introducing a cash-market or a P2W option. This doesn't really seem like a suggestion but something that needs to be there. :P

Last Call (A community guild for friendly peoples waiting out for CrowFall :P): http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/888-last-call-a-community-for-friendly-people/

This whole "free" to play/ microtransaction model is literally ruining both PC and now console video gaming and it is born out of pure greed period. Game developers don't have to use their imaginations anymore to come up with a truly unique idea to make millions. All they have to do is keep adding different looks for the same old idea or even worse make it so if you want to beat this certain person up or complete that goal, buy this piece of gear or area. In a nutshell they are making millions for giving people less.

When video gaming first came out, developers had to imagine completely new ideas and concepts all the time and it was truly awe inspiring and worth every penny spent. It wasn't "here's a different color of the same old thing" for more $, it was "here's a completely new idea and concept and something different to do that will challenge you and excite your senses" and people gladly payed for it. Anymore people will pay for anything and companies know this so game developing companies are no longer looking for truly new ideas but ways to make more $ with less effort and people. It has even gotten to the point of genuinely scamming people knowing they were making millions off of false advertising and knowingly giving people a sub-par product because people are ending up buying just the idea as in the case with Archeage. Until something truly new and different comes out, this concept will keep getting worse.

I'm sincerely hoping this game WILL turn the current state of PC gaming on it's heads and if it does so I will GLADLY pay a subscription fee for it. I could really care less for paying $5 USD for another different colored cape or sword with the same stats although I know plenty of people will do so. If this ends up being another "Archeage" I will probably be done with gaming for awhile.

If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle em with truthiness

Yeah no P2W but P2W is some yeah... 

Bascialy "P2W" is only, if you only can get it trough shop. If they enable, the chance people sell this to Auction House its bascially no P2W. 

What...  the...  crap...?

This whole "free" to play/ microtransaction model is literally ruining both PC and now console video gaming and it is born out of pure greed period. Game developers don't have to use their imaginations anymore to come up with a truly unique idea to make millions. All they have to do is keep adding different looks for the same old idea or even worse make it so if you want to beat this certain person up or complete that goal, buy this piece of gear or area. In a nutshell they are making millions for giving people less.

When video gaming first came out, developers had to imagine completely new ideas and concepts all the time and it was truly awe inspiring and worth every penny spent. It wasn't "here's a different color of the same old thing" for more $, it was "here's a completely new idea and concept and something different to do that will challenge you and excite your senses" and people gladly payed for it. Anymore people will pay for anything and companies know this so game developing companies are no longer looking for truly new ideas but ways to make more $ with less effort and people. It has even gotten to the point of genuinely scamming people knowing they were making millions off of false advertising and knowingly giving people a sub-par product because people are ending up buying just the idea as in the case with Archeage. Until something truly new and different comes out, this concept will keep getting worse.

I'm sincerely hoping this game WILL turn the current state of PC gaming on it's heads and if it does so I will GLADLY pay a subscription fee for it. I could really care less for paying $5 USD for another different colored cape or sword with the same stats although I know plenty of people will do so. If this ends up being another "Archeage" I will probably be done with gaming for awhile.

Give this man.... 2 cookies.

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

Well said.

Loving the Fear and Loathing quote btw, Nefastus.

Yeah,, PAY TO PLAY was great solution, but if it's PAY TO WIN.. Done, this game just likely most failed to reach "ideal" game..

But if it's Subscribe Mode.. like 10$ ??

it's soo much cost.. if Pay to Play maybe we can more relax for playing this game, without counting "the subs"..

i dont like p2p as it is in WoW.

i would like buy to play (ala GuildWars2) or at least an option, when i am not able to play/pay, to still be able to visit game but with limited rewards, and options for weekend or weekly packs not only monthly. But buy to play sounds more appealing ... 

5a1b3fea-fc4c-485e-87da-0147a0f11ae3.png

I highly support a pay to play option. I wouldn't mind paying $15 a month for a quality game that keeps it's quality. Ten thousand people signed up to see what this game is about with many more waiting in the sidelines. Yes a large portion of those ten thousand will leave once more information is released but many more will come. If those ten thousand pay for a $15 a month subscription. In just one month it's $150,000. If the game has 100,000 people well that's already $1,500,000 in one month of steady income.

Go for a cash shop and not only do you no longer have a steady cash flow but you risk tipping into the pay to win realm. Have items that give stats even if temporarily? Pay to Win. Have items that you can then sell or trade and make in game money by spending money? Pay to Win. Have items that take away from crafting and player economy, such as furniture, potions, clothing, etc? Pay to Win. 

Personally, I also wouldn't want a purely cosmetic cash shop either. It detracts from recognizing the players that spent countless hours and hard work getting gear that makes them look cool if you can get something from the cash shop that looks better. I remember in MMOs grinding dungeons or pvp or crafting to get that cool looking armor that set me apart from everyone else. Or seeing someone with a cool piece of gear that I then wanted to work hard to get. Have a cosmetic cash shop and the hard work to look cool is gone if you can just pay $5 for the sweetest looking armor ever.