• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Knight Powers & New Animations - Official Discussion Thread

go easy on the knockdowns, thank you

edit:

I'm happy with the UI.

The 2 modes already turned out to be perfectly viable in DF. Good choice by doing it in a similar fashion.

and keep it simple... I personally dont want all the stuff zinnie below me talks about... but that's a personal preference.

Edited by freeze

I loved the lack of telegraphs in the Knight video, this is exactly how I pictures the combat to be like, and it looks much better than the KS video.

I got one question about the UI: Since it seems like you are going for a simplistic style UI, what options do players have to add additional information to the UI as we see fit, do we get options to have dps meters, cc-timers, group buff timers etc and add those to the UI?

The UI video is really good. Ping (game and chat) + FPS display by default from what I saw: A+. Alt mode to move UI elements around: good. I hope we can resize them too and change font-size and opacity.

One thing which should be tested relating to your "people should focus on what is in the game not the UI" would be if could be possible to have health / mana / casting bar around the characters. It may be too resource intensive but I think it should be tested.

Knight looks great, not as flashy as the confessor like you said but still really good. Telegraphs aren't spammy which is beautiful.

I like the simple look of the UI and the positioning you can choose. However I am hoping that eventually we get some more slots to put skills into later down the road with disciplines and such. I would hate for us to be limited in picking between discipline skills and class skills that make combat really engaging. 

KjUVOZg.png

Varius - Veteran Member of LG

Bring the Pain (Shield Slam) is just plain awesomeness if you ask me.  B)

Loved seeing how's it done in Unity and the UI itself in the game. Pressing Alt to interact with the UI is the same as in Tera. Works perfect.

Animations in the game (from the UI video) looks really cool. The world already feels alive and all we see is grey boxes, wind effects and some fire. 

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

well before some ********* cry's about something they saw in the video's.... Awesome job ! cant wait to play it

- Guess my profile picture was too much for the forum Mod... I best leave it blank I already picked the least offensive one I had!

May I just say: The bonus UI video was awesome.

Yeah. I think all their news should have one part about the flashy things (archetypes, castles, EK) and one about the technical side: designing the UI, the database, the server technology etc. I think there are a good part of the future players who are devs or who would like to become devs and those parts of the videos are really interesting.

Not gonna say I'd pay for a twitch channel of some of their design meetings but I'd sure watch some of it.

I'm glad you're capping the knockdown targets fairly low. It would be pretty crazy if everyone in the cone was knocked down. Good stuff.

The Shipwrecked Pirates

Nadrik | Mazu the Dreg

In the Knight First Look article, we have this tidbit:

The first power in the active power tray is Shield Lunge, this instant power moves the Knight a large distance over a short time.

Now Onslaught 2A is called Shield Lunge. Has power 1 been renamed? Any hints?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully