Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

Ui Customization Is One Of The Biggest Things That Is A Must Have

Everything on the Ui needs to be able to moved.

Everything needs to be able to be scaled. 

We need options to have more bars with either the option of being round or square.

We need the option to adjust the minimap.

We need the option to change the font of info coming at us. 

We need scrolling damage numbers.

The bottom line is that we need an informative Ui that we can add onto the default and change it to however we want it to look. Do not let the ui cripple us. The ui can break or make a game almost as much as the gameplay itself.

We need options to have more bars with either the option of being round or square.

The bottom line is that we need an informative Ui that we can add onto the default and change it to however we want it to look. Do not let the ui cripple us. The ui can break or make a game almost as much as the gameplay itself.

We don't need mini map, m8.

They removed blue dots in SB for a reason, but I agree with your views here.   ^_^

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

In the OP it's written that the UI needs to allow customization of the mini map, size, position, form, number of bars, etc.

I think that we don't need to be able to do all this, that a basic functional UI would work well too.

If they decide to work on this kind of customization, it's fine I guess, but I think it's not a necessity nor a priority.

It has been needed at some point by nearly everyone in every mmo, ever.

It may be a matter of convenience rather than necessity. I can't see how nearly everyone in every mmo would need to change the font or adjust the mini-map.

I can live with only some things being moveable.

I can live with only some things being scalable.

While I love a drink as much as the next guy, I'm thinking you mean hotbars? I'm for as few as possible.

Scaling or moving the minimap is nice, but not necessary.

I've never changed a font in an MMO in... 20 years? Is this really a thing?

I always turn off any scrolling damage numbers.

The bottom line is some people want these things. Making them available is good, but not a game-breaker, for everyone.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

I'll throw my hat in the ring on this. I love UI customization and 3rd party enhancements (because the community is usually much quicker solving problems or fulfilling a need than devs when it comes to UX).

I am not sure we will even have a minimap...but rest of what you said is spot on.

I don't need an UI to steal your caravan boy, just my fingers

You are stealing his caravan boy? He's gonna be disgruntled. He spent a lot of money for that boy.

There is no UI that's good for everyone. Some customization can always help.

I agree that customization can always help.

What I disagree with is that 1) UI customization is one of biggest things that is a must have and 2) players need the degree of customization mentioned in the OP.

There are tons of extremely more important things to focus on for Crowfall development than making every player able to customize the color, shape, size and position of the displayed information. I think that a functional UI that features ergonomic options is required and all beyond that is extra comfort and convenience.

I agree that customization can always help.

What I disagree with is that 1) UI customization is one of biggest things that is a must have and 2) players need the degree of customization mentioned in the OP.

There are tons of extremely more important things to focus on for Crowfall development than making every player able to customize the color, shape, size and position of the displayed information. I think that a functional UI that features ergonomic options is required and all beyond that is extra comfort and convenience.

To me, if it doesn't make it for launch, it can definitely be added later. Not having it on launch is not a dealbreaker. You muddle along with a non-customizable UI for a month or two, patch comes out, hey, now I can customize, sweet.

That assumes it was designed to be later customized, yes, I know that is important. Lay the groundwork, but, if time and money are running short, wait until post launch to worry about it.