Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

Ui Customization Is One Of The Biggest Things That Is A Must Have

The main problem I had with the OP is that we have very little info on what we are actually going to be able to put on the hotbar. We know every archetype has a set number of skills, then with disciplines and promotions we're going tk get some new stuff but no set amount. It may also come down to being that there isn't going to be anything to put down on the hotbar, though I really doubt that but just keeping my options open. Once we get some more info on what can go on hotbars and such do I feel we must have the abilty to add more or change things that aren't as important. The other stuff like scrolling damage and movable mini-map's are nice but not a deal breaker for me.

I think the customization should only come down to resizing and relocation... I don't want them to allow people to mod the living crap outta the game. 

Agreed, My only issue is mods is there are and have been in other MMO's (Wildstar example) that people made a mod, that really imo just ruined the game.. it literally was no different than a ESP/Wallhack.. but as a mod. I won't lie I eventually used it and everyone else did until the API got changed. 

I'm content, with moving, re-sizing, and recoloring my UI. (SWG for example) anything more, it becomes a distraction and takes away from what people should be focusing on, just like the developers in the recent UI video said. 

"So Doggetts f****** crazy i know that" - J Todd Coleman

I think anything besides re-sizing, re-locating is optional. I never did anything else than this and I do not intend to do it. And I personally really don't know that much people that would poorly made socks themselves if they had it. Having the option would be nice, true. But still should not be high priority. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

I don't think a fully custom UI at release is a "need", but a convenience "want".  It doesn't directly affect gameplay.

Many MMOs have released without UI customization and added it later.  If needed, due to limited resources and time, I'd rather this get UI customization tabled until after release.  It's not something that should delay the game release at all.

Color-blind options, however, are definitely a "need".  It directly affects gameplay for colorblind people, since they're unable to view all of the colors on the UI.  If you don't understand why, see this: http://pulptastic.com/ever-wondered-colorblind-people-see-now-can-find/

I think the customization should only come down to resizing and relocation... I don't want them to allow people to mod the living crap outta the game. 

Personally, the more flexibility they give players to customize their UI, the better game CF will be.  We have MANY UI elements that have evolved thanks to WoW having full customization early release, which the community created.  Many of these features have since been incorporated into WoW and many MMOs since.  Without that level of customization, we wouldn't have nearly the possible experience we do today.  In fact, many of what the OP wants originated from community UI mods for WoW.  
Edited by Nyt

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...