Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Verot

Pledge Package - Key Icons - What Are They?

Starting with the bronze package and above, each pledge package includes a set of keys in the lower left hand corner of the image. I have so far been unable to determine what these are supposed to represent.

Edit:

Best I can work out is that it is the access levels for the alpha/beta, the only thing that messes up this is that the backer bundle has access to a beta but does not have a key.

The shadows of the keys have what look like little 'A's or 'B's.

Edited by Verot

Yes, I sort of worked that out as soon as I made the post. Next question, do we need to "consume" our rewards package in order to be eligible for alpha/beta?

Next question, do we need to "consume" our rewards package in order to be eligible for alpha/beta?

No, you do not.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

You have access to alpha/beta based on the pledge not if you consumed it or not. Consuming gives you all the extra stuff, not availabilty to play the game.

Best I can work out is that it is the access levels for the alpha/beta, the only thing that messes up this is that the backer bundle has access to a beta but does not have a key.

Nice find, I think the beta 1 and 2 keys are supposed to be shown in the image. FTbN5JP.png?1

I wonder if someone who got a package from another user (gift) needs to consume it to get the test group.

I guess it's the case but I haven't read anybody mentioning that.

The total amount on your transactions list determines your access level. This amount doesn't change whether (gifted) packages are consumed or not.

ZCcquVD.png

The total amount on your transactions list determines your access level. This amount doesn't change whether (gifted) packages are consumed or not.

Yea, but if someone receive let's say a Sapphire bundle, this person didn't purchase it so it shouldn't count in the transaction total.

So I was wondering if this person who received a sapphire gift would need to consume it to obtain the A1 testing group. I believe it's the case.

So I was wondering if this person who received a sapphire gift would need to consume it to obtain the A1 testing group. I believe it's the case.

That is an excellent question which I don't know the answer too. That said, it's a weird construction. Basically you would get two test keys for the price of one this way. That can't be right?

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

That is an excellent question which I don't know the answer too. That said, it's a weird construction. Basically you would get two test keys for the price of one this way. That can't be right?

Yea I agree that having multiple keys for the same test is a weird construction. I just noticed that I have 4x A2 and 4x A3.  :D But they're not giftable...

Edited by courant101

The alternative is that someone could be gifted a $500 sapphire package but not receive A1 access with it; that seems even less right.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

The alternative is that someone could be gifted a $500 sapphire package but not receive A1 access with it; that seems even less right.

I agree. But still it's a weird construction. In the end it doesn't really matter. The gifter gets a reward for gifting something and the receiver gets the gift/access.

ZCcquVD.png