Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When people talk about the good old days, they usually say what UO server they were on, Shadowbane server, Darkfall server, Eve server, etc. With campaigns, we're really narrowing it down to one specific time period, plus band. When we're old and gray (too late for some of you), high on Oxycontin, we will want to babble on about the glory days to whoever will listen.

But will I say "the dregs March 2017" or Campaign 03b9c? Will there be a naming convention? Maybe every Dregs campaign has a D name that is never repeated (but maybe the naming convention changes to say S words after all the D words are used up?). Damnation, Derelict, Dread, etc. The same for the other bands having different naming conventions of their own.

Maybe useless forumbane stuff to some, but to others they like being able to state which servers, and in the future campaigns, they fought on.

Just name them a letter for each band and the number its at. i.e D-1753, A-1976, B-1543

I don't care much for for naming servers myself, but I can understand those that might feel the nostalgia later on when CF is much older.

Each campaign world should have its own distinctive name, no numbers. There are plenty of words in the English language.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Each campaign world should have its own distinctive name, no numbers. There are plenty of words in the English language.

Why only the English language? There are plenty of phonetic words in many languages other than English

#Kappa

So Goonswarm March 2017? Or Goonswarm March - April 2017? Sounds pretty cool to get a campaign named after you if you win.

It also addresses the issue of gamers and their revisionist history. 

Any successful gamer has dealt with newbs that don't remember how things went down correctly. Naming campaigns after winners clarifies the most important thing, who won. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

It also addresses the issue of gamers and their revisionist history. 

Any successful gamer has dealt with newbs that don't remember how things went down correctly. Naming campaigns after winners clarifies the most important thing, who won. 

and what do we call the campaign while it's actually active?

For historical purposes, the game could easily maintain a list of who won which campaign during what time.

I'd like to for the campaigns to be given names and for those names to persist so long as that specific ruleset is still being used.

Let's say there's a campaign called "Back Alley" and the ruleset is Dregs, Bloodstone, zero import, etc. When that campaign ends, another one is created with the same ruleset and called "Back Alley". That way, players who want to keep playing the same ruleset against the same groups of people will easily be able to identify the campaign without having to coordinate with each other.

If the ruleset in question isn't popular and it goes away, the name is lost to the ether. New ruleset combinations, or additional instances of existing rulesets would be given new names.

I like the idea of naming a campaign after the winner emerges.  Like the American Civil War Battle of Bull Run (North name for it) vs. the Battle of Manassas (South name for it).  It's almost always referred to as the Battle of Bull run in the history books because they are written by the victor.

I can see it now:  Campaign of Asskickery by Goonswarm.

http://www.twitch.tv/Waikikamukau Yes, it's Why-Kick-Uh-Moo-Cow / Twitter: @TheMukau

I think a formulaic descriptor that fits the lore and adds something more than a alphanumeric code would help foster a connection. Adding the rules set, ring, starting time and a random cool moniker.

• Rule Set: Something that encompasses the rules unique to this CW like Terminator.
  • Ring: This is the obvious one. It will be either God's Reach, Infected, Shadow or Dregs.  
  • Starting Time: You could go the typical April or November thing, but I was thinking of using the the first 12 Greek alphabet letters and Roman numerals for the year. Ex. Epsilon-XV
  • Random Moniker: This one would be an homage to the MMOs that brought us here like UO & SB. Words like Treachery or Dread.

With all of this a Campaign World could be called: The Terminator Dregs of Epsilon-XV: Treachery

This is just an idea and could be reworked but it sure looks cool!  B)

Wouldn't matter, because we don't need to be nostalgic about a campaign while it is active. 

But if my buddy starts playing Crowfall and asks, "Hey what do I join to play with you?"  I want to be able to say, "I'm in the Dreggs campaign _____", I suppose it could just be tied to a number but a name is easier to find or identify with. 

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

They should just name the campaigns after the winners and the time they occurred.

Not a terrible idea, unless "Alliance of %+@!$#?&*^ Haters" win.. In the mean time they can be called D01, G02 etc.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Not a terrible idea, unless "Alliance of Faggots Haters" win.. In the mean time they can be called D01, G02 etc.

I'm pretty sure ACE won't allow guild names like that.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Sequential numbers in the name might be the simplest way. Guild x won Dregs 1, Guild y won Dregs 101.  Also a neat way to keep track of how many CWs have come and gone.

Dregs 69 and Dregs 1337 will be the most heavily contested campaigns the game will ever see. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I'm pretty sure ACE won't allow guild names like that.

Perhaps not that due to the homophobic slur... but I am sure you can get pretty roudy with your guild names. I do like how quoting the filter shows the word though, that is a neat bug.