Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Verot

Making Eks Matter To Everyone

I don't think adding substance to EK's has anything to do with PvE.  It could be just much PvP as the CW, it would just be different, perhaps economic PvP.

It seems pretty clear to me that the CF game designers are making a PvP game focused on the CW.  In fact, there are quite a lot of incentives to encourage players to the CW.  That is perfectly OK.  It is better to have a goal, focus on it, and get it done.  I am guessing most people joined CF for the thrill of PvP even if that was not their strong suit.  It is not like any promises aren't being kept.

So while the EK vision could be improved, success in the CW will make it all worthwhile.

Edited by Tahru

SR8DSigTemp_Tahru.png

Eternal Kingdoms are an important piece to this game because it supports the player market of the game. So thats things like crafting items, so I don't know why people are so against them being important in this game because they are important.

"Paint me like one of your French girls Jack"

-Unknown

Eternal Kingdoms are an important piece to this game because it supports the player market of the game. So thats things like crafting items, so I don't know why people are so against them being important in this game because they are important.

I don't really think anyone is against making them important. What gets argued against is making them more important than they need to be, or making them a bigger part of the game than they need to be. They are a part of the game that players can either use fully or totally ignore and that's fine, and it should remain that way, IMO.

I am not against the EKs personally, I've stated multiple times that people can do whatever they want in their EK, make it as big and beautiful as you want with as many features you want. Just don't force me or other pvp players to participate in that EK.

Right now, there's things like artifacts and relics that will force pvp'ers to build inside the EK to get some small bonus reward, this is not such a big deal. What we are worried of is ACE making more incentive's for players to take part in the EK, to connect more of the campaign worlds to the EK, thus forcing players like me to spend time playing house with barbiedolls and teddybears with the rest of the Furries and Fluffers.

Edited by zinnie

I am not against the EKs personally, I've stated multiple times that people can do whatever they want in their EK, make it as big and beautiful as you want with as many features you want. Just don't force me or other pvp players to participate in that EK.

Right now, there's things like artifacts and relics that will force pvp'ers to build inside the EK to get some small bonus reward, this is not such a big deal. What we are worried of is ACE making more incentive's for players to take part in the EK, to connect more of the campaign worlds to the EK, thus forcing players like me to spend time playing house with barbiedolls and teddybears with the rest of the Furries and Fluffers.

Then you can just become apart of another EK for the bonus but in turn may have to pay them some kind of tax to receive said bonus. Which I think is a fair mechanic because they had to gather all the resources to house the bonus and what not.

"Paint me like one of your French girls Jack"

-Unknown

thus forcing players like me to spend time playing house with barbiedolls and teddybears with the rest of the Furries and Fluffers.

It's so weird, because you keep saying you've got nothing against EK's personally, but then I see comments like these which lead me to believe otherwise

Sugoi ! - Head of Disciplinary Committee

YhuWX9S.png

It's so weird, because you keep saying you've got nothing against EK's personally, but then I see comments like these which lead me to believe otherwise

Me having nothing against the existence of the EK, and me liking the sissies hiding in it are two completely different topics. 

Lets be honest here, The game could have been made just as awsome without the EK entirely, but ACE needed something to keep the WizKids buying fluffy hats, pets, dresses and other cosmetic things to play house with.

Me having nothing against the existence of the EK, and me liking the sissies hiding in it are two completely different topics. 

Lets be honest here, The game could have been made just as awsome without the EK entirely, but ACE needed something to keep the WizKids buying fluffy hats, pets, dresses and other cosmetic things to play house with.

What I think you don't realize is that without the EK they can't make the game as awesome, because they won't have the same revenue stream....

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Hmm I think it'd be severely lacking without the EK's, the thought of a nice aesthetic place to relax with my community after a campaign is one of the biggest selling points for me, as well as many others. If there were people who came into crowfall without the intention of going hard in the CW's they would've never bought in the first place, no need to call them sissies or fluffers if they're not bothering anyone.

Edited by Uyathefox

YhuWX9S.png

Some people need to put others down to feel good about themselves.  Sad, but true.  Try to ignore it.

I've never put anyone down, I always respect my opponents in battle. 

Since I wont bother with the EK, I am ignoring the people inside them, they are of no use to me. A guy hiding inside his dollhouse wont make me win my campaigns.

Some people need to put others down to feel good about themselves.  Sad, but true.  Try to ignore it.

I dont even really care about that part i just think the animosity is misplaced, I'm no white knight but this is the reality- people buy in and want to help support the development of crowfall maybe they enjoy a community hub like the EK's more for crafting, RP who knows, and then there are people attempting to shoo them away by acting hostile towards them saying that's not what crowfall should be and if you play it like that you're a carebear pansy. You even say it yourself that people hiding in the EK's wont have a large effect on the game so there is no reason for you to go out of your way to insult them. 

YhuWX9S.png

I dont even really care about that part i just think the animosity is misplaced, I'm no white knight but this is the reality- people buy in and want to help support the development of crowfall maybe they enjoy a community hub like the EK's more for crafting, RP who knows, and then there are people attempting to shoo them away by acting hostile towards them saying that's not what crowfall should be and if you play it like that you're a carebear pansy. You even say it yourself that people hiding in the EK's wont have a large effect on the game so there is no reason for you to go out of your way to insult them. 

Exactly!  EKs will have varying levels of importance depending which campaigns you are playing on... but whether they impact you individually or not, you should be glad they exist because they attract more players to try out pvp, and maybe that EK-centric player initially tries out outer bands and slowly works his way into the inner bands after learning how PvP games work.

The outer bands + ek are a great way to get people who aren't super leet pvpers yet to gradually work their way up to a more hardcore type of pvp. 

What I think you don't realize is that without the EK they can't make the game as awesome, because they won't have the same revenue stream....

If you would have actually read my posts and my other posts on the EK topic you would have known that I accept the existence of the EK by now. I kow that ACE created the EK as a way for WizKids and other Furries to buy cosmetic stuff to make them feel good. This in return will benefit everyone in the long run. 

All I am saying is if you forget about the Wizard101 cashcow for a second, the EK would become obsolete. 

If you would have actually read my posts and my other posts on the EK topic you would have known that I accept the existence of the EK by now. I kow that ACE created the EK as a way for WizKids and other Furries to buy cosmetic stuff to make them feel good. This in return will benefit everyone in the long run. 

All I am saying is if you forget about the Wizard101 cashcow for a second, the EK would become obsolete. 

Why would it be obsolete?  There are plenty of rulesets that will utilize the EK...

ah, okey.. Didn't know you cared about the carebear rulesets.. I guess I have judged you too highly.

Maybe I just realize that my preferred playstyle isn't higher priority than others.... just different?

It's odd to me that players who want to use EK's or would like to use EK's are somehow terrible at the game for doing so? 

Why can't the most hardcore, skilled players also want to mess around with housing and cosmetics?  One of the best gamers I know, goes bananas for cosmetics.

Edited by Siegnir

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

Well. Let me respond to this as I think you are a bit confused. But then you weren't here day 1 were you? The two arts showed up full force screaming and yelling for PvE claiming Todd was basically making this fame for them and threatening and also acting on the act of reporting anyone that was not following their rules of compartment. Sure the ex sbers were rough around the edges lol. After all it is a pvp game ffs. But and I can attest to this myself they in no way tried to run any one off. It was the other way around with accusations of the players breaking sb etc. So before you accuse any one of running any one off go back and read what has come before your appearance. Try the sb thread at the beginning. Good place to start. All the early folks are trying to do is hold on to the ideas that were set forth pretty Kickstart. Ya know the ones that got ppl to hand over money??

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Well. Let me respond to this as I think you are a bit confused. But then you weren't here day 1 were you? The two arts showed up full force screaming and yelling for PvE claiming Todd was basically making this fame for them and threatening and also acting on the act of reporting anyone that was not following their rules of compartment. Sure the ex sbers were rough around the edges lol. After all it is a pvp game ffs. But and I can attest to this myself they in no way tried to run any one off. It was the other way around with accusations of the players breaking sb etc. So before you accuse any one of running any one off go back and read what has come before your appearance. Try the sb thread at the beginning. Good place to start. All the early folks are trying to do is hold on to the ideas that were set forth pretty Kickstart. Ya know the ones that got ppl to hand over money??

If I recall correctly when ACE first announced this project they didn't have many details out for it.  There were people from all sorts of gaming backgrounds interpreting what little had been shared and trying to jostle for position on the forums.  No particular group was very understanding of the other groups.

Once the kickstarter went live much more information was revealed and nothing ACE has done so far seems to go against their initial vision.  It only goes against some people's initial interpretations of the vision based on very little info. 

As for Uya and Zinnie's discussion, it's really quite simple....  The EKs help keep certain types of pvpers engaged, it also gives ACE a greater revenue stream, and that means they can make their game all around better.  Not just for EK users, but for everyone....  If you don't like using the EK that's fine... but there is really no reason to look down on it, as it helps make the rulesets you enjoy better too.