Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Only A Pure Gamer Plays With One Character

To me they're are many types of gamers... you got your hardcore gamers who are pretty much the nerds of Crowfall, you got to love them nerds :wub: they can make or break a game... you got your pro skills gamers who thinks their way of playing Crowfall is the best way <_< but they are good at Crowfall... Ha! and you got the noobs :unsure: we all will be the 1st Crowfall noobs and you got your pure gamers like me :D who play the game for what it is with one character... and many more types of gamers, which gamer are you and why?  

Edited by GeistBaoh

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find that the better the mmo the less you want to make alts...

Abstinence of games is the only way to stay a pure gamer.

I usually only play one character but I am lazy and definitely not pure. Having characters progress on their own might be the thing that actually gets me to play more than one.

I am a player that takes his games very seriously. There's no time for jokes or humor in my group, since it will get you killed.

I play to win, simple as that. And if some EK carebears try to ruin that for me, I will hunt them down, camp them until they leave my campaign. Games are deadly serious, only children play games for fun. If you want "fun", go play Candy Crush or The Sims.

I am a player that will camp the embargo area for days killing everyone trying to save up some resources for their EK. I will kill them, loot all their stuff, and delete it in front of their dead body just to spite them for actually thinking of bringing resources into the EK instead of helping me win my campaign.

That's the kind of player I am.

Edited by zinnie

A person who spends a considerable amount of time on internet forums dedicated to specific interests. They consider themselves experts on said specific interest while (usually) not contributing anything to the interest themselves. A good size of their input, often the majority of it, is negative; they reason that this is the easiest way to prove themselves knowledgeable on the subject. They have little clout in real life regarding whatever topic the forum is dedicated to, so the forum is the only way they can feel they are contributing.

The basic account comes with 3 character slots; you can purchase up to 3 more; and if you are a VIP member you can have 3 characters using passive training at the same time.

How do we reconcile the devs' clear interest in supporting multicharacter gaming styles with the purity of one player one character?

Also, if we take this stance to its logical conclusion, shouldn't the "pure gamer" still be playing his first character from his first MMO ever? If so, Crowfall probably shouldn't be designing around his preferences since he'll never leave EQ/WoW/whatever anyway. In contrast, if the "pure gamer" is allowed to play different games, how is that different from allowing him to play a different character in the same game?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

To me they're are many types of gamers... you got your hardcore gamers who are pretty much the nerds of Crowfall, you got to love them nerds :wub: they can make or break a game... you got your pro skills gamers who thinks their way of playing Crowfall is the best way <_< but they are good at Crowfall... Ha! and you got the noobs :unsure: we all will be the 1st Crowfall noobs and you got your pure gamers like me :D who play the game for what it is with one character... and many more types of gamers, which gamer are you and why?  

:rolleyes:

It's the impure gamers that have all the fun.

Forum Warrior

A person who spends a considerable amount of time on internet forums dedicated to specific interests. They consider themselves experts on said specific interest while (usually) not contributing anything to the interest themselves. A good size of their input, often the majority of it, is negative; they reason that this is the easiest way to prove themselves knowledgeable on the subject. They have little clout in real life regarding whatever topic the forum is dedicated to, so the forum is the only way they can feel they are contributing.

Ha! This person is a hater game, he so mad he can even answer a simple question

Relax bro, relax it is not that serious... See you in game

I find that the better the mmo the less you want to make alts...

I sort of have to agree... although there are a lot of tempting classes/options available with Crowfall. I find it's hard enough to get a reputation (good or bad), in such games and nearly impossible if you're dividing your time between 2/3 characters.

Games like Crowfall are as much about group design as about character design. You make characters that fits in and adds synergy to the group you will play with. Hence the character that may be the right one for one campaign may be the wrong one for the next one. You are going to need multiple characters to promote good groups over many campaigns.

One toon/campaign does encourage forward planning in guilds so I think its a good idea.

...entire topic...

Games are deadly serious, only children play games for fun. 

Only children say there is only one way to enjoy life. 

All the "no true scotsman" arguments on these forums are so silly.  This thread has a high concentration but they are everywhere.  Haha :P

PmnGhMD.jpg

í blóði er hefnd kvöl er ótta dýrð sorg ríkir

All the "no true scotsman" arguments on these forums are so silly.  This thread has a high concentration but they are everywhere.  Haha :P

so you deem any argument that don't conform to your views of what gamers should act like to the fallacies?

The majority of actual gamers play games to win, not to have giggles, play dress-up and laugh at mistakes. Mistakes get you killed, and campaigns are serious business. 

Games like Crowfall are as much about group design as about character design. You make characters that fits in and adds synergy to the group you will play with. Hence the character that may be the right one for one campaign may be the wrong one for the next one. You are going to need multiple characters to promote good groups over many campaigns.

One toon/campaign does encourage forward planning in guilds so I think its a good idea.

Ha!.. Games like Crowfall???... There is no game like Crowfall.. If you know of one name it plz