Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HappyWulf

What Has Been Said About Player Loot?

I'm going to presume that taking loot from killed players will be mostly based on Campaign selection, but what has actually been said about Player Loot?

Full Loot, Partial Loot, Random Drops, Consumable Drops, All-But-Equipped Loot, No Loot...

Also, What would you mostly play on?

I'm sure it'll depend on how easy it is to make a full set of armor, but I might go for a Partial or % loot or Random Loot if good armor is somewhat hard to come by. But we shall see.

It will be up to what ruleset you choose.. Different campaigns will most likely have different rules on loot, but full loot is what will be the normal rule.

I will play on full loot myself since it increases the risk vs reward aspect of the game.

Full Loot is what I'm actually used to. I'd be interested in knowing how easy it will be to make spare sets of armor and where you will be storing these should you not have a keep to call home for when you need to replace what was lost.

ACE has said it will not be hard to get "combat ready" after losing all your gear, so they don't want players to quit the game after dieing once. They will most likely have some sort of system in place where you can either craft or farm some basic combat gear quickly after death.

A couple of interview discussions about loot / death / regear :

dying : need to respawn, must regear in most of rulesets

drop on death / looting rules depending on rulesets / no naked character

death : loot rules based on rulesets, ability to mark respawn spot near frontline, no ghost, multiple respawn points, design that prevents "respawn rushing"

VIP tickets can not be looted

Edited by courant101

I thought VIP tickets could be looted once they are brought inside the game (to be traded), like normal items and PLEX.

Regarding full loot, it should be in the Dregs only. And to be fair, they haven't confirmed it ( :().

Yea a couple of weeks ago Jihan made me realized that full loot was not confirmed for the Dregs, and the VIP ticket not being lootable was a surprise for me too.

I remember them tossing around the idea a while back that the dregs rules might be: upon death, you drop everything that's in your inventory and have a chance to also drop 1 equipped item. That seems reasonably dregs-esque to me. I've never been a big fan of always dropping everything on death (including all of one's equipped items, which is usually what people mean when they say "full loot").

LJBXw4x.png