Caenth

Caldera [EU] - Playing with Fire

Prologue

We are the attackers on your caravans, causing mayhem and murder. We are controlling the resources from the quarries and mines you need to craft your equipment from. We are the skilled crafters you will spend your funds on. We are the refuge and protection from The Hunger that is creeping in on us all. We are laying siege to your castle and crushing your attempts to take ours.

We are Caldera!

Website - caldera-hq.eu

Twitter@caldera_hq

Playing with Fire!

Origin

Our founder, officers and members have acquired a great deal of experience in different MMO's through the past decades. The extensive knowledge we gathered playing these games will be put to good use. We realize that we will make mistakes, but how and what we learn from these mistakes will determine the difference between failure and success.

We are actively seeking members who are able to playtest Crowfall. This restriction in our recruitment process has payed off in a big way since Caldera has shown strength and perseverance throughout all the different testing phases like the Hunger Dome and Siege Perilous. A course we will continue to follow.

Avocation

We are a determined ‘Murder of Crows’ and we will always work hard, to fulfill our objectives and enjoy our gaming experience together. It’s with this in mind that we always perform to the best of our abilities and will actively encourage others to do the same.

Our victories will be not defined by the actions of the individual, but as Caldera as a whole. Our standpoint is that every member should contribute to the best of their ability, regardless of skill, experience or commitments. We like to ensure our gaming time is as enjoyable as possible. Our rules and guidelines reflect our view on what is morally and socially acceptable behavior.

Rules

Caldera only accepts members into its ranks that have compatible personalities, and share similar goals and values to its own. All of our members support and follow these rules and guidelines. Anyone who cannot, will simply be removed. These rules and guidelines have served us well in the past and continue to be the guiding principles behind moving the guild forward.

Caldera’s rules, whilst simple, need to be taken seriously. The core principles are these:
  • You need to have an appropriate standard of spoken English - we'll be very international, English will be the guild language.
  • To be respectful of all guild- and community members no matter their background, age or gender. Don't be a hooligan.
  • Willing to use voice chat while playing in-game. Quick communications are vital for survival!
  • Activities like cheating, botting and gold buying will not be tolerated.
  • You have to be at least 18 years old. There may be some exceptions, but this is where we start.

If you want to join Caldera you must be able to participate in the different testing phases until official release. We only accept players who currently have access to the game. If you do not fit into this requirement we ask you to apply to our guild at a later time.

Q&A

Q: “What is our policy on NA players?”
A: “We don’t mind if players are from NA, but they’ll have to keep two things in mind:

• Time zone differences: Attending in-game guild events can be very difficult or almost impossible. We want you to be able to play with us. It's not fun for you or us when you can't attend.
  • Higher latency: We want you to play on EU servers. This means you'll have to play with higher latency. This might be a problem.

Links

Request: Please keep the topics and questions guild-related & avoid general off-topic remarks.

Edited by Caenth

Thank you!  :)

The logo is not really final yet though. I did the best I could myself. I'm not an artist and I just got an offer from someone to look at it to see if he can do something with it to improve it a bit more.

Alright, gave the guild logo another pass. Removed the copyright C (what was I thinking?! :blush:) with something better looking. I'm pretty sure this one is 'final'. At least for the foreseeable future.

The reason I don't have any tattoos is that I'm bored relatively quickly with a particular design. I'm also too critical about my own creations and I'm always looking to improve everything. So who knows. :rolleyes:

I like your guild site a lot. What company are you using? I've been looking at Squarespace myself.

Besides all that I am a NA guy, sadly so my comment here is moot here. Best of luck to you! :)

Thank you!

I'm using Webflow (https://webflow.com) to build our site. Webflow is a professional drag and drop tool to build your site. The websites you'll make will be mobile ready as well. It's really awesome and I recommend you check it out. If I can help to get you started there, let me know.  :)

Thanks for dropping by and good luck to you too!  :lol:

Edited by Canth

Hey there, beautiful site indeed!

I see on the website you are not looking for members yet, only for volonteers to help somehow.

If you have the time can you tell me more about the current status of your project? (How many are you, what are your current plans, what sort of help you could use?)

Thanks, cheers :)

Great news! Because we are now able to playtest Crowfall, we thought it would be an excellent time to start recruiting some awesome players! 

If you want to join Caldera you must be able to participate in the different testing phases until official release. Because Caldera is a Crowfall-only guild we only accept players who currently have access to the game or will have access in the near future. Some examples; if the current test phase is Alpha 1, we only consider players with Alpha 1 & 2 access. If the current testing phase is Beta 2, we'll only accept those that have access to Beta 2 & 3. And so on. If you do not fit into this requirement we ask you to apply to our guild at a later time.

If you're interested in joining Caldera, please visit our site and fill in the recruitment form found here: Hell yes, I want to join!

I updated the OP as well.  :)

We are now 5 in our little family!

Not everybody is able to play yet, but we get to know each other and are having great times on the vocal server! 

Tempted? Apply now! :)

Hey guys i have 2 questions they are the standard ones

1. What type of guild r u casual/Semi/HC
  2. and how big is ur guild atm I don't mind small guilds in fact I prefer them I just cant tell from your site

Hey guys i have 2 questions they are the standard ones

1. What type of guild r u casual/Semi/HC
  2. and how big is ur guild atm I don't mind small guilds in fact I prefer them I just cant tell from your site

Hey Bremmen,

1. I don't like to use the terms casual and hardcore, but it's a mix between those two. We don't expect members to be online every day for hours at a time. We all have responsibilities outside the game and those are important as well. That said, we still expect members putting effort into their characters, be online regularly and be serious about the game and guild. So time-wise casual, but attitude hardcore.
  2. We are not very big yet. But, it's still a long way to the release date and feel we have plenty of time to grow. Quality > Quantity. Our goal is a size between 60-75 members after release, but that target can change (slightly) once we know more details about the game.
Edited by Canth

firstly thanks for the amazingly fast response.

I'm a Amber patron so I'm in alpha 2 and am looking for a guild with a decent amount of EU players but not sure exactly what ur accepting as its pre alpha are u looking for pre alpha access and alpha 1 or alpha 1 and 2?

I'm a Amber patron so I'm in alpha 2 and am looking for a guild with a decent amount of EU players but not sure exactly what ur accepting as its pre alpha are u looking for pre alpha access and alpha 1 or alpha 1 and 2?

With these great but unexpected turn of events with Alpha 2 backers being invited to the next Combat test as well, we'll now accept players with Alpha 2 access as well. Your question reminds me that we still need to update the website to reflect this!  :)

Edit: I changed the recruitment requirements in the OP and will update the site today as well.

Edited by Canth

What I heard from Caldera so far was very positive, no drama, no trolls or anything of the sort. Almost all of the players are dedicated players and already proved themselfs in the Hungerdom being capable of winning consistently. But most of all they love the game, being proud Crows.

I can only recommand!

Edited by IamMe