Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caenth

Caldera [EU] - Playing with Fire

Last night was a tiny bit lopsided, as it seemed that we were the only premade group around for the EU test.

However later it got a bit more interesting when everyone else started focussing on us, good job everyone ^^

Also we had this hilarious little bug happen, a hellcat had enough of it all and made a kamikaze attack against IamMe XD
(Thanks to Miown for recording that)

We are now recruiting! Read more here!

o8WHnLc.png

We lowered our recruitment restriction from a minimum Gold package to Bronze to get ready for Siege Perilous! I changed this in the OP also.  :)

If you're interested in joining us, check out the OP found here: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/8342-caldera-eu-the-place-you-can-call-home/?p=215406 or go directly to our website caldera-guild.org.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

f4808a81f1.png9a8b820ccb.png9730902baf.png

The tests have been going great for Caldera. A nice clean positive win/loss rate!

Good job guys, and it is nice to be seeing some other guilds show up in the past few tests.
It is also great to see regular players in which we can work together to oppose and learn things from!

Edited by Mogit

We are now recruiting! Read more here!

o8WHnLc.png

We continue to perform very well in the tests! I don't like to brag (much), but we're consistently winning matches and finishing in the top 3. We also seem to be the most active (EU) guild at this time.

We're growing slowly, but at a steady rate. Something we hoped to see and intended to happen. We recently softened our application requirements to get ready for the upcoming Siege Perilous tests. Everyone with a Bronze pledge or higher is currently welcome to apply! We expect to ramp things up once more of Crowfall is finished.

We also got a few questions about if we accept people from NA. To explain a bit more, we don't have plans to start a NA division or something similar in the future. One of the reasons we started Caldera was to be able to play with friends. We simply do not see the point of having a lot of members that we never see online or are able to play with. We don't prevent NA players to apply. But if their play times don't match ours, we just don't see a reason of accepting them.

In short: We're very happy on how things are going so far and we enjoy ourselves very much with Crowfall and playing some other games when there are no tests.

ZCcquVD.png

While I personally dont really care about winning games at the moment (though we are winning enough, and a lot more then we are losing), I am very happy with the success we have during teamfights.

My decisions to take unneccessary fights might sometimes cost us a win in a game if I am the leader of the group, but it gives us plenty of opportunities to experiment with different fighting styles, and I really like the way of the guild to discuss (my) errors.

For me it is always a highlight to fight other guilds, especially on even numbers, and currently we are keeping a nice win ratio in those fights as well.

(On a side note, I would really like another 6vs6 against Sugoi with a more or less balanced start  ;))

Also we are slowly but constantly growing, with each new member having the chance to quickly become a core member of our community.

I feel we are growing at just the right pace, have great success in the game, and a lot of fun within and out of crowfall.

While I personally dont really care about winning games at the moment (though we are winning enough, and a lot more then we are losing), I am very happy with the success we have during teamfights.

My decisions to take unneccessary fights might sometimes cost us a win in a game if I am the leader of the group, but it gives us plenty of opportunities to experiment with different fighting styles, and I really like the way of the guild to discuss (my) errors.

For me it is always a highlight to fight other guilds, especially on even numbers, and currently we are keeping a nice win ratio in those fights as well.

(On a side note, I would really like another 6vs6 against Sugoi with a more or less balanced start  ;))

Also we are slowly but constantly growing, with each new member having the chance to quickly become a core member of our community.

I feel we are growing at just the right pace, have great success in the game, and a lot of fun within and out of crowfall.

In our records of last night it doesn't show that we've ever encountered caldera in a 6v6 match. That being said, most likely we will never encounter each other on release if you are a strictly EU guild. If you'd like to solidify or change that relationship we invite you to come contract with us :3. We will see you continue to see you occasional on the pre-alpha tests as usual for the time being.

Edited by cuddlesthepanda

In our records of last night it doesn't show that we've ever encountered caldera in a 6v6 match. That being said, most likely we will never encounter each other on release if you are a strictly EU guild. If you'd like to solidify or change that relationship we invite you to come contract with us :3. We will see you continue to see you occasional on the pre-alpha tests as usual for the time being.

It was the last match in the EU test last Sunday. There were 3 teams of 6 players each. We, Caldera, had a full group of 6 members and in one of the other two groups there were 2, 3, maybe 4? Sugoi members.

You caught us by surprise while we're chasing down one last Confessor from the 3rd group we killed a few minutes before. We tried to retreat, but we got stuck between the Hunger and your party. We weren't able to recover and your group won the match.  :)

ZCcquVD.png

Yeah it was no proper Guild vs Guild, just a part-sugoi group, but you still got us at a very bad time (and just as I watch the video again I realize it was a 6v7 too).

I remember you, Uya, Chodie, and I dont know who else (it was very chaotic, a messy retreat between rocks and trees and a final stand in the mists of the hunger).

Anyway, you guys are playing great and it is always a pleasure to meet you in the field.

I think we will stay with EU so we will not get to cross each other in the game unfortunatly, and I am not the one to speak about a contract, but I am always happy to exchange some kills with you in a friendly Environment.

Edited by Metauriel

A video showing two matches from Banzak's point of view, a Caldera member. He also made the video and intro. The intro is still a WiP.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpdXwMrdJkQ

ZCcquVD.png