Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Founders' Update: Capital Raise - Official Discussion Thread

Pann

Once again, thank you for keeping us all in the loop on the next steps. This is how you continue to build trust with your community. I reckon there are folks on these boards that will take you up on this investment opportunity. While I'm not in a financial state to participate in this phase, I'm proud to have done my part. Best of luck to the team at ACE and may your momentum continue to gain speed.

That's some great news! I understand how it's important to have more money to speed up the development and keeping up with the timetable. I  hope that the highest priority remains to keep overwhelming control on the project. I also believe that what you guys are building is worth immensely more than a dozen of millions, could be great to not let all the prospectors carry the gold in their hands for too long. My opinion differs for early investors : I think that the relation with them should last, I feel like they jumped in the boat because they truly believe in ACE/Crowfall.

Uhm, "eventual success"? Could you please believe in your game as much as we do.  :huh:  Or at least some of us. B)

I just realized that eventual (final, ultimate) didn't mean the same than éventuel (potential, possible)...  :ph34r:

Edited by courant101

So I can buy into this at $5,000?

Only for accredited investors with whatever requirements (depends which authority region your are in: Wiki Link)

Also the paper work you had to do is sometimes extreme. So invest into something material or something else with a lasting value if you want to invest your money. 

Still thanks for the update. Sounds nice, however I still hope too many guys won't have too many voices and start pushing this into some direction. 

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

I just realized that eventual (final, ultimate) didn't mean the same than éventuel (potential, possible)...  :ph34r:

I just realized that eventual (final, ultimate) didn't mean the same than eventuell (potential, possible)... Learning never stops. Isn't it great?

I apologize and claim the opposite. Yes! Eventual success! To say: final success. I love it! :)

Only for accredited investors with whatever requirements (depends which authority region your are in: Wiki Link)

Also the paper work you had to do is sometimes extreme. So invest into something material or something else with a lasting value if you want to invest your money. 

Still thanks for the update. Sounds nice, however I still hope too many guys won't have too many voices and start pushing this into some direction.

Ahhh I already have those other investments, this was gonna be for fun. Just miss the cut-off though.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

Exciting times!

If I could say something to potential investors, I'd tell them how impressed I am with ArtCraft Entertainment.  They've put together a solid team, they are firing on all cylinders, and they have an innovative product that stands out from the rest of the market.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

I must have read a different update than you did.

No we just read it differently, I would see this as not good in terms of a company releasing a financial statement.

They were already at 70% of their goal as of July 22nd. They haven't budged at all and found a company to lower the bar for them. This tells me they were struggling to get any additional individuals to pony up at the current thresholds. 60% as of June 17th and 50% as of June 3rd when they announced it to us. The going is slow which shows they are struggling. They are reaching out to a capital partner for the last $300,000.00, which tells me they need help.

Regardless, I wished them luck.

No we just read it differently, I would see this as not good in terms of a company releasing a financial statement.

They were already at 70% of their goal as of July 22nd. They haven't budged at all and found a company to lower the bar for them. This tells me they were struggling to get any additional individuals to pony up at the current thresholds. 60% as of June 17th and 50% as of June 3rd when they announced it to us. The going is slow which shows they are struggling. They are reaching out to a capital partner for the last $300,000.00, which tells me they need help.

I personally don't know how capital raising works and what is considered slow or fast or even how long it takes. Like what does it mean to not have hit that 1mill mark yet. Is that a typical thing? Is it a bad sign? A sign of company struggles? Is this to be expected because Todd & Gordon have very specific "please don't tell us how to build our game" rules? Do they have enough to finish the game and this is just to speed up the building process? 

They've added more personal and haven't given word that they are missing an update goal. So I just take it all as "not going forward in capital raising doesn't mean they are going backwards" but perhaps those in the know can clear it up for us.

If I'm correct, they already got more than $5,250,000 in investment and crowdfunding and they said that the 300k left is to add more resources to the development.

Seems like it's going pretty well.  ^_^

Edited by courant101

I remember thinking that part of this game's greatness was the fact that it had no investors that could potentialy loom over developer's heads and tell them to not make decisions they wanted in order to push the game to a wider audience. This has me concerned that that situation could now be a possibility. I hope I am mistaken here.

Edited by Unnamed

Persuading investors to place their cash in ones venture (business) takes a lot of time.  It never happens during the first face-2-face meeting.  It takes lots of question and answer events back and forth.  ACE's progress from 50% in June to 70% in August is actually rather quick, and is a good sign that their "persuasion document" is well tuned and their responsiveness to RFIs is quick.

LW_sig_concept3_zps7zqmgbno.jpg

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/  The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.

If I'm correct, they already got more than $5,250,000 in investment...

You know I feel that would be cool thing to put in the next Founders Update. What is the total amount raised through all avenues. Yes, there is a running total of money raised through backers on the front page which is awesome to see but I'm curious about how much they've raised besides through us 21,103 backers. No matter the number it wont change how I feel about backing them. I just would find the interesting to see. Also the backer funds will grow substantially when Crowfall starts to look more like a game and less a WIP. 

I remember thinking that part of this game's greatness was the fact that it had no investors that could potentialy loom over developer's heads and tell them to not make decisions they wanted in order to push the game to a wider audience. This has me concerned that that situation could now be a possibility. I hope I am mistaken here.

As long as the founders hold the majority share (more than half), they (mostly) answer only to themselves and their customers.

Fortunately, we know that:

• The founders came to the table with some of their own money to invest
  • The Kickstarter yielded $1.8 million in "free" (no strings attached) money
  • The total additional fundraising they are seeking is about $1.0 million ($300k to go!)

So, even after fundraising, they will have a majority share - probably by a lot.  So, they'll still have the freedom to make the game they intend to make.  Awesome, huh?

References:

https://crowfall.com/#/news/founders-update-capital-raise

https://angel.co/artcraft-entertainment/

Edited by Nazdar

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger