Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Legionnaire Powers And Animation - Official Discussion Thread

Woo! Barrels your days are numbered!

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/8355-crowfall-update-legionnaire-animations-and-powers-with-thomas-blair-81815/

Looks like you can keep the barrel in front of you if you angle your pill correctly. I'll be running around with my permanent barrel friend, shield and companion

Edited by oberon

I am very sorry to say this. Especially after all the centaur efforts ("i think they should move like...). But during running and fighting they look really static and i hope this is just because of the alpha footage.

Take a look at horses like here. They are dynamic. Their head and mane (or a centaurs torso) go forth and back, up an down while galloping. I think in the final version there should be much more personal little movements. Really.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

On topic: a little odd he twirls a spear before stabbing something.

I actually like the twirl flourish.  But he is using both hands on the spear (it is baked into the animations) so I take it that weapon is considered 2h - the early concept art with the shield is no longer relevant?

Overall this set of animations and fx was the least exciting and the centaur seemed a bit plodding, even when breaking through the barrels.

rSHxVEY.gif

Centaurs! Barrels! :D Obviously needs to barrel race!

Looks good! Centaur felt a little slow in the videos? Maybe because of plate? Maybe because we don't see the little peons running around trying to stop them? It's probably that. I tend to get that same 'feels like I'm walking slow' feeling on my Tauren because of size. Here we don't have direct movement comparisons.

I think the blue swoosh should be glowier. :o Loved the ripples from the knockback stuff. Charging through barrels is A+, would charge again.

I thought it looked ok, I can only imagine how much work that is to put in just for walking around lol  .... I await the COMPLAINERS they always have the most entertaining posts..............

- Guess my profile picture was too much for the forum Mod... I best leave it blank I already picked the least offensive one I had!

I'm not convinced how much value there is in the Discipline buff on basic swing 3, when basic swing 5 applies Command which is superior to and overwrites it just moments later.

If there were more delay between activating Discipline and activating Command then it might be an interesting tactical choice between stopping at Discipline and switching to something else, or continuing all the way to Command. But the 4th and 5 swings of the combo look fast enough that that decision is trivialized; there's not really any major reason to skip the last 2 swings of the series and settle for the Discipline buff.

I think if you want to make stopping at Discipline an interesting tactical choice you need to put Command significantly further away, maybe around swing 8 or 10. Without that, I don't see much value to having Discipline at all, since players will be able to easily get Command with very little incremental effort.

Maybe remove Discipline from swing 3, but put a choice of 2 different effects (i.e. an E option) on swing 5?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Question based upon video observation...

Crowfall is experimenting with unique hitboxes for each character varying in size depending on body type.  When I see the Legionnaire swing his spear he's barely clipping the top of the Knight's hitbox.  How is it expected that he will be able to reach the Guinnecian hitbox?

[@--(o.O)@]

Crowfall is experimenting with unique hitboxes for each character varying in size depending on body type.  When I see the Legionnaire swing his spear he's barely clipping the top of the Knight's hitbox.  How is it expected that he will be able to reach the Guinnecian hitbox?

Perhaps he needs to aim lower....

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

well either they cannot hit them with the basics and have to rely on the team/ground attacks (aoe, line, etc.) or they change it. Not sure what should fit most. I mean generally saying Centaurs have no chance beating Guinnecians would feel wrong, however having a disadvantage would sound okay - in theory.  

Second of all - I really like the overall animation and looks of the legionnaire however the speed seemed a bit slow (as already mentioned, perhaps the heavy armor?). Also the direction changes feel a bit too static for a half-animal person (same with the other two characters). 

For the early process I think it is an incredible good overall process. I thought we only see extremely basic versions and I didn't really expect something in this quality. However in terms of the final product - which I am aware that it is still far away - the movements should look more fluid and natural and not too static like the turning of the centaur. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Ahhh the comments in that thread from over a decade ago. Comedy gold.

"FIRST ON MY SERVER! (saryrn) 

I own 9 computers,me and my best friend booted them all up and started with some other close friends that live in my area 

my suggestion - dont try quest unless u can listen and know what u doing, make sure u have grouped/quested/raided with the people u doing it with or the war u will go through to get this wont be a war it will be a masacre, and u will be getting masacred "

"by the gods... do you even know what outside is?? how can you possibly have that many computers, that many accounts, spend that much time on the computers and still pay the bills and all?"

" Can we say, get a life? I'm sure everyone like's EQ and all but comeon 9 computer's and 9 acct's with that many toons? I think someone needs to get outta the house and work on getting other things like a JOB, a LIFE and some ***!"