Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Legionnaire Powers And Animation - Official Discussion Thread

The barrels scare me. I'm sure that at one point I will end up getting my character stuck in some PhysX mumbo jumbo.

Someone will knock down part of a wall you are near, you will get stuck in the rubble and archers and mages will be raining stuff down ontop of you.

Sounds awesome to me.

Edited by Zandur

I am very sorry to say this. Especially after all the centaur efforts ("i think they should move like...). But during running and fighting they look really static and i hope this is just because of the alpha footage.

Take a look at horses like here. They are dynamic. Their head and mane (or a centaurs torso) go forth and back, up an down while galloping. I think in the final version there should be much more personal little movements. Really.

Well it's not like they can bring a horse into the animation room and hook up to a bunch of little white dots.  I thought it all looked good, and I'm sure there will be tweaks later on.   On a side note; maybe if the centaur had generic Celtic music playing in the background he'd be a little more frolic-y.

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

Great animation is such an important part to this fan to enjoy the overall gaming experience and you never want to feel that you are 'settling' in certain departments just to be able to play a niche experience like Crowfall. That's partly what makes me so happy that Crowfall is showing off such beautiful artwork / animations so far. I really enjoy all the updates and videos :wub:

Edit: Enjoyable bio too!

Edited by Herithius

"Crosses fingers" i hope assassin is the next archtype to get some love from the First look and Powers videos >.<

Since the three combatants--Confessor, Knight and Legionnaire--are the archetypes that will be available in the earliest rounds of testing, those are the ones we're focusing on for now. It will be some time yet before we start showing the others. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I just realized while answering someone's question that dodge is in the write up but not the video, we will just have to use our imagination :)

Edit: Hmm it was actually in there

0:45 TB: Oh! He's charging the barrel wall. Boom! Right through the barrels. This shows you some of our early physics stuff, we've been knocking a lot of barrels around.

You can see it a split second before it hits the wall. I don't think it was noticed by many people though. It doesn't get called out as "Dodge"

Edited by oberon

I am very sorry to say this. Especially after all the centaur efforts ("i think they should move like...). But during running and fighting they look really static and i hope this is just because of the alpha footage.

Take a look at horses like here. They are dynamic. Their head and mane (or a centaurs torso) go forth and back, up an down while galloping. I think in the final version there should be much more personal little movements. Really.

I think the problem might just be the gait pattern.  It looks like two guys in a horse costume or something.

Great update. 

Blair is pure gold. Start a gofundme account for him or something so we can give him a bonus and i'll be happy to donate! Give that man a raise!

Simply put the next stretch goal should be to add cat walkways and tunnels to his entire house.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

can you jump on barrels?

serious question please respond devs thanks in advance

cos i want to take barrels and stack them against a castle wall and infiltrate castles like that

that would be good and cool, so make it happen thanks

like the barrels can be stacked like a pyramid

and if they're that sturdy enough

i can climb up fast before someone starts playing barrel jenga with me

that would own

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Just one itsy bitsy criticism, and maybe it's just me, but this thing in plate looks like a Lobster, the segmented plate looks like a lobsters tergum , and the floppy stirrups look like swimmerets.

Watching the video does make me subliminally crave lobster rolls and If this is intentional then I'm sorry for pointing it out.

Of course if the lobster morph is something you guys missed or if you're not sure what a tergum is, I would suggest making Friday pet day at work.

Allison could bring in her pythons, Blair his kittens, and I betcha Tully has a pet lobster he would let ya'll look at, and he could point out the tergum.

Anyway it's a small concern and I know you guys are working hard on the Legionnaire, but I can't be all fanboy about everything.

And Blair that's a great success story, thanks for sharing it.    

Edited by corvax

If the mana regen is supposed to be a splash, the range/aoe of the basic attack could use some more VFX to indicate such. Also, not sure how I feel about the walk/trot being the default movement speed/animation. Looks more insectoid than equine, if you ask me. I know that the Centaur won't be galloping all the time, but with a movement buff compared to the other classes (that are running around as a default), think that the movement should be a little more dynamic beyond the equine-ish cantering.

Looks really nice, much more conservative with the weapon than the knight, more practical too. Really the walking/default movement speed animation is the only thing bugging me. Other than that, looks really great!

Oo-rah Blair!

Edited by RKNM

If the mana regen is supposed to be a splash, the range/aoe of the basic attack could use some more VFX to indicate such. Also, not sure how I feel about the walk/trot being the default movement speed/animation. Looks more insectoid than equine, if you ask me. I know that the Centaur won't be galloping all the time, but with a movement buff compared to the other classes (that are running around as a default), think that the movement should be a little more dynamic beyond the equine-ish cantering.

Looks really nice, much more conservative with the weapon than the knight, more practical too. Really the walking/default movement speed animation is the only thing bugging me. Other than that, looks really great!

Oo-rah Blair!

I did not even notice that I will have to go back and look.