• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Legionnaire Powers And Animation - Official Discussion Thread

Awesome update :D

can you jump on barrels?

serious question please respond devs thanks in advance

cos i want to take barrels and stack them against a castle wall and infiltrate castles like that

that would be good and cool, so make it happen thanks

like the barrels can be stacked like a pyramid

and if they're that sturdy enough

i can climb up fast before someone starts playing barrel jenga with me

that would own

probably there's weight system where barrels won't hold up legionnaire size since we're talking about physics here.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

I'm really having concerns regarding mobility of melee users. Being heavy and thick with health is one good thing but I'd love to see how it plays out for melee attackers to catch confessor in her dash. Definitely looking forward to see alpha now to see how things will change!

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Thank you for the great video of the Legionnaire. My only issue is the movement. It looks more like a caterpillar's movement rather than the gate of a horse. I know you don't want to hear this for 10th+ time, but you know...

I am very excited to see how combat fleshes out in the upcoming Alpha.

Have to say really liked finally seeing the centaur in action.  I'm sure there were some more swear words in the process of his animation creation but bravo.  Horses in general are hard to animate due to their four legs.

John Madden strikes again.

I need to better understand the "chains". Are the second and third parts of the "chain" fired off by clicking the same LMB? First attack basic, second attack discipline, third attack command? That seems silly to me, but the term "chain" makes me think they are "chained" together in this type of way.

Or are they made available on the hotbar after enough rage is generated, and then after the second attack (discipline) is command enabled? Is that more how it works? I'm sure it was explained somewhere, but I can't find it and don't remember.

Edited by bairloch

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

I am very sorry to say this. Especially after all the centaur efforts ("i think they should move like...). But during running and fighting they look really static and i hope this is just because of the alpha footage.

Take a look at horses like here. They are dynamic. Their head and mane (or a centaurs torso) go forth and back, up an down while galloping. I think in the final version there should be much more personal little movements. Really.

I would rather have it more static and have better game-play.Where the mane is blowing in the wind or not won't determine how many hours peolpe play the game but rather how fun the battles and economy is.

John Madden strikes again.

I need to better understand the "chains". Are the second and third parts of the "chain" fired off by clicking the same LMB? First attack basic, second attack discipline, third attack command? That seems silly to me, but the term "chain" makes me think they are "chained" together in this type of way.

Or are they made available on the hotbar after enough rage is generated, and then after the second attack (discipline) is command enabled? Is that more how it works? I'm sure it was explained somewhere, but I can't find it and don't remember.

This is the LMB basic attack chain, and was clearly explained in the prior Legionnaire post. 3rd swing of the chain procs Discipline, 5th swing procs Command.

They haven't said whether you can click and hold to progress the chain or if you have to actually click 5 times, but I'd guess the former.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

OK, so it is the first concept. So the mana buffs will be a bit hard to time then if they just pop on attacking? Or you will have to hold off on attacking if you want to save your mana buff for a more appropriate time? "The confessor is gonna burn it's mana with a big attack any time now, so I have to hold off on my 5th swing so I don't burn my mana buff before the confessor attacks..." Interesting.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Since Command lasts for 30 seconds, the only timing you have to worry about is performing a 5-swing basic attack chain any time within 30 seconds of the last one in order to maintain full uptime.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Something just seems off with the centaur. Looks more like a dude in a horse Halloween costume, where the back half just drags along.

Is the intention to have centaur be the same speed as other characters, instead of faster as in Shadowbane? The juxtaposition between the knight dancing around and sprinting everywhere, and the legionnaire just casually trotting is a bit off-putting.

The Shipwrecked Pirates

Nadrik | Mazu the Dreg

Something just seems off with the centaur. Looks more like a dude in a horse Halloween costume, where the back half just drags along.

Is the intention to have centaur be the same speed as other characters, instead of faster as in Shadowbane? The juxtaposition between the knight dancing around and sprinting everywhere, and the legionnaire just casually trotting is a bit off-putting.

The text reads that they have migrated what was his faster run speed into the abilities. So he has that better mobility you just have to do something other than hold the w key down.

and even then he is still "slightly faster"

Edited by oberon

After I calmed down from my schoolgirl-like delight, I was able to think a little bit more critically. 

First, I am going to say that I like the more subtle effects--that is, I hope that Legionnaire abilities don't get much flashier. 

Second, I would add, though some have been critical about the movement of the centaur, that from the perspective the vid was recorded it is really hard to tell just how "horse-like" it is.  Personally, I thought it looked good, if a little stiff.  However, that same "stiffness" was present in the Knight and Confessor as well.  

Finally, I have one concern that  occurred to me in another thread.  I am increasingly troubled by the thought of this particular archetype within friendly fire rule sets.  There are seemingly a plethora of assumed negatives for the Legionnaire under those conditions.  He seems to specialize in PBAOE heals, buffs, debuffs and knockbacks--all of these will be difficult to make happen when friendly fire is on (assuming you can heal and buff the other team). He is also a melee character and large making him more susceptible to getting hit by friendly fire.  My fear is that competitive teams/guilds/whatever are simply going to leave the Legionnaire at home and take ranged support, ranged DPS and/or smaller melee tanks instead.   

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

My biggest hope is that the centaurs get flaming hooves and some nice visual effects when our backer nightmare mount is "equipped"

It would be pretty cool to have the visual effects of the backer mounts on the Centaur. Nightmare Legionnaire would look scary :P  

Maybe it's just an odd angle...but since we're viewing the character from the rear in the videos the same as we would playing, I figured I'd mention it. The centaur weapon does not seem to be scaled properly for the size of character model. It's like it's made for something half his size. It looks like Godzilla centaur swinging a toothpick.

Maybe it's just an odd angle...but since we're viewing the character from the rear in the videos the same as we would playing, I figured I'd mention it. The centaur weapon does not seem to be scaled properly for the size of character model. It's like it's made for something half his size. It looks like Godzilla centaur swinging a toothpick.

You are correct! That is his default weapon and we just got weapon telescoping tech this week. How this works is: when he draws his weapon he has a snaping wrist animation and the back part of the weapon snaps out about another 2 feet. Due to a bug, when he attacks, the weapon gets pushed 10 feet in front of his hand! This is why we didn't show it in the video. Should be fixed sometime soon!

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook