Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Legionnaire Powers And Animation - Official Discussion Thread

You are correct! That is his default weapon and we just got weapon telescoping tech this week. How this works is: when he draws his weapon he has a snaping wrist animation and the back part of the weapon snaps out about another 2 feet. Due to a bug, when he attacks, the weapon gets pushed 10 feet in front of his hand! This is why we didn't show it in the video. Should be fixed sometime soon!

That's the kind of things that we want to see!  :P

The armor movements are a nice touch. 

I'm excited about the possibility and exploration of a frontline support as that's often unintentionally my play style. I like to absorb blows and ults with the explicit purpose of being a mana or power drain before the bulk of my team joins the fray. So...yeah this archetype is super exciting. The size is very interesting though and I will be keen on hearing more about the FF impact - don't want to be a giant nuisance. I like the adaptation of the C key Rage feature, sans iFrame, and am glad to see the confessor's knockback aoe response translated over to the legionnaire.

EQ was my online geneisis too. I also struggled with the lack of consequences upon death. 

as an aside...Blair your eyebrows get lively when you talk about Crowfall.

Probably the most disappointing display thus far. It's one thing to include a feature, it's another to realize it's identity. When I'm offered a man horse archetype, I desire a character that actually realizes the qualities applicable to it.

When you marginalize Centaur into a support melee role and dumb down the significance of his equine traits, it pretty much defeats the point of having it.

It's a horse, it should operate like a horse, it should move like a horse. Trotting around at slightly higher speeds and having slightly more dashes comes off poorly.

You could give him a strong sprint with little resource demand, but trotting at all in a battle scenario is basically like a "here's an easy target, come kill me now" sign.

Forcing a cavalry unit into a support role is a poor choice to begin with. The least you can do is decrease size and increase base speed. Even a medium sized horse is going to outweigh a biped easily, and the decreased size will reflect movement better.

Please don't show a Centaur plod through a stack of barrels again though...

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

After I calmed down from my schoolgirl-like delight, I was able to think a little bit more critically. 

First, I am going to say that I like the more subtle effects--that is, I hope that Legionnaire abilities don't get much flashier. 

Second, I would add, though some have been critical about the movement of the centaur, that from the perspective the vid was recorded it is really hard to tell just how "horse-like" it is.  Personally, I thought it looked good, if a little stiff.  However, that same "stiffness" was present in the Knight and Confessor as well.  ...

Yea, from this camera angle, the armor hides most of the animation for the lower part of the body, so it's hard to judge, but I found it was really great.

Didn't expect that they put so much resources on developing the animation / FX / models and textures. Looks fantastic overall.  :)

The armor movements are a nice touch. 

I'm excited about the possibility and exploration of a frontline support as that's often unintentionally my play style. I like to absorb blows and ults with the explicit purpose of being a mana or power drain before the bulk of my team joins the fray. So...yeah this archetype is super exciting. The size is very interesting though and I will be keen on hearing more about the FF impact - don't want to be a giant nuisance. I like the adaptation of the C key Rage feature, sans iFrame, and am glad to see the confessor's knockback aoe response translated over to the legionnaire. ...

I'm also pleased to know that this archetype will have the role of frontline support. It's already rare to have centaur as playable race, it's a good opportunity to make it really stand out from the crowd.

Can't wait to try the play style you described : rushing the enemies, disrupting their tactics while soaking up as much damage as possible until the rest of the team arrives.  :D

Can't wait to try the play style you described : rushing the enemies, disrupting their tactics while soaking up as much damage as possible until the rest of the team arrives.  :D

The best way I know of to describe this; and to keep it from sounding so mentally deficient, is to compare it to the Guardian role in mobas...particularly smite. Or a tanky initiator. You are a damage and ult sponge, while also buffing your team. You build to poke and provoke and eventually straight up push them into blowing their mana (either out of necessity or temper) on you just to get you out of the way.

I'm making grand assumptions the legionaire can be used this way but from what I read and saw...I felt like I could adapt accordingly. Got me kind of excited and displaced my initial opinions being focused on how woodenly he moved. My hope is this wooden'ess' will be resolved over time.

Edited by BluesBoomPuppy

can you jump on barrels?

serious question please respond devs thanks in advance

cos i want to take barrels and stack them against a castle wall and infiltrate castles like that

Not sure this is a building game that will allow you to pull barrels out of thin air and place them in a pyramid fashion.

[@--(o.O)@]

I want to shift the discussion to barrels.

Barrels are cool and I enjoyed playing Donkey Kong where you had to jump over barrels. Tbh Donkey Kong on the gameboy was cooler because you could deflect the barrels doing a handstand with Mario.

I'm also speculating that barrels can be used to blockade things and perhaps we'll get to see them as ammo for siege or be thrown around on the battlefield by like a minotaur.

I am also going to link Minotaurs to Donkey Kong for this crackpot theory. Discuss please thanks

Not sure this is a building game that will allow you to pull barrels out of thin air and place them in a pyramid fashion.

No but like you can grab barrels from around the world and stockpile it.

I wonder if you can put it in your inventory

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I'm also speculating that barrels can be used to blockade things and perhaps we'll get to see them as ammo for siege or be thrown around on the battlefield by like a minotaur.

I wonder if you can put it in your inventory

I can imagine some players making a barricade on a road used for caravan transportation, blocking it totally with objects (could be barrels) so the ambush is facilitated by preventing the escape. Maybe caravans are slow and all this won't be required, who knows.

The idea of allowing the players to put barrels in their inventory could lead to redoubtable strategies : guineceans could block the entrance of their tunnels with them, support archetypes could discard 20 of them on the ground as an escape mechanism...  :P

barrels with things inside of them might have to wait for future releases but i'd like to see

- wine barrels

- insect barrels

- dirt or sand barrels (think hesco barriers)

- metal lined barrels full of lava

- paint barrels

- food barrels

- ink barrels

and many more. there are also different types of lumber with which to make them and that's p important imo. like oak is more plentiful but softer than say ash or alder. cherry is pretty but fairly expensive to craft correctly. barrel banding made of cheap iron would be easier to fail than say a steel alloy with copper or zinc. bunged or unbunged barrel? this is all very exciting to me idk about yall.

j6CmSi3.png

I'd be interested to know their plans for sizing bourbon barrels assuming they go the route of alcohol in the game. A part of me subscribes to the thought that your whiskey barrel need simply adhere to the ASB™ (American Standard Barrel). But then we're talking about a fantasy setting so how will they justify the dimensions based upon a real life country's standard? Sure you could go Butt, Quarter Cask or Standard Hogshead (nice fantasy ring to it I might add!) but then that begs the question are you settling for smaller in game aesthetics. Jeebs I need a drink to process this. 

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives." - Ned

I'd be interested to know their plans for sizing bourbon barrels assuming they go the route of alcohol in the game. A part of me subscribes to the thought that your whiskey barrel need simply adhere to the ASB™ (American Standard Barrel). But then we're talking about a fantasy setting so how will they justify the dimensions based upon a real life country's standard? Sure you could go Butt, Quarter Cask or Standard Hogshead (nice fantasy ring to it I might add!) but then that begs the question are you settling for smaller in game aesthetics. Jeebs I need a drink to process this. 

As silly as this is, I'd like to see this answered by none other than JTC himself on the next Ask a Dev video....complete with 5-10 minutes on how barrel quantity/size relates to database strain, and barrel dimension hierarchy.