Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Founders Gift Guild Halls - Official Discussion Thread

Pann

Will there be a process in place to ensure established guilds (forum guilds formed for Crowfall such as Lantern Watch, but also longtime guilds like LotD, Pax, and the Shadowbane alumni groups) will be protected from mischievous trolls (these people know who they are) reserving their name first? I know the question has come up in light of a few forum threads here, though my presumption is ACE has the ability to exercise common sense judgment for that as they would for someone who wished to reserve a name containing vulgarity.

Either way, thank you for the gift!

I've seen some of the recent MMOs and their name reservation process. Inevitably it comes down to a land rush, poor server stability, and angsty bitter people frustrated with poor IT planning. Seeing as how you guys have a "queue" of people from the Kickstarter process, this should be a cinch.

Cool.  

Personally, I think it would be great if we could see some more Crowfall lore before we reserve names.

Your best bet is to go with a short name, that way it is very likely to fit in any lore.  I have a slight suspicion that they don't have that much lore written down yet.

I can't wait to reserve my own character name.  I will cross my fingers in hopes nobody takes it first.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

I think it would be silly if reserving a guild name was a perk, but then they also played favorites as to who got to protect their guild name whether they are the first to reserve it or not.

This is a game of politics and intrigue and espionage... if someone paid good money to reserve a name, and gets to do so before you, and takes your name, that's player politics and if you have a problem with it you can take it out on them in game. 

I could see them favoring the people who got their names or guild names taken as well, but I don't think the system should entitle people to names unless they've followed the process and earned it based on the process. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I think it would be silly if reserving a guild name was a perk, but then they also played favorites as to who got to protect their guild name whether they are the first to reserve it or not.

This is a game of politics and intrigue and espionage... if someone paid good money to reserve a name, and gets to do so before you, and takes your name, that's player politics and if you have a problem with it you can take it out on them in game. 

I could see them favoring the people who got their names or guild names taken as well, but I don't think the system should entitle people to names unless they've followed the process and earned it based on the process. 

:rolleyes: This is why absolutely no one likes you. You're a complete pest.

Interesting way to do name reservation so that it's both first come first serve and serves the interests of guilds would be to have people back individuals who put forth guild reservations.

For example:

VN and 7B both go for "The Lantern Watch".  Players can search for this name and "back" one of the two players vying for the name. That way guilds can support themselves but there's still a chance for VN to try to find people to add that bit of sabotage to the game.  Player with the most backers gets the guild name.

Of course, they'd have to limit backing to one backing vote per player...

S_Sig_Senator_Small.png

Interesting way to do name reservation so that it's both first come first serve and serves the interests of guilds would be to have people back individuals who put forth guild reservations.

For example:

VN and 7B both go for "The Lantern Watch".  Players can search for this name and "back" one of the two players vying for the name. That way guilds can support themselves but there's still a chance for VN to try to find people to add that bit of sabotage to the game.  Player with the most backers gets the guild name.

Of course, they'd have to limit backing to one backing vote per player...

I think it should just be based on the order that people hit the pledge level.  That's the most fair and impartial way to do it. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Nice update, didn't expect that. 

Also there is a backer order to let people reserve their names & guildnames. If people don't get their character names... well... that's how it is. Same with the guild names. 

Edit - as VN said

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

Amber and above have "Reserve Guild Name," so this is a very generous addition to the benefits the backers received already.  Thanks ACE.

For Reserve Guild Name, Reserve Unique Character Name, and Name-A-: Fallen Hero, Fallen Monarch, Location, and Campaign Name and Rule Set, ACE has already shared their plan to go in the order of Bloodstones, Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, and Amber.  And within each of these bands, they will go by order of pledging.  Seems fare.

LW_sig_concept3_zps7zqmgbno.jpg

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/  The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.