Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mount And Blade: Warband + Napoleonic Wars Dlc

TragicNumberOne

I'm surprised to see no discussion of this game yet, what do you guys think? For those who do not know, M&B is a medieval RTS/3rd Person action game in which you command an army(with surprising control, i might add) from the 3rd person perspective of one of the soldiers(the commander, to be precise). The game is balanced in such a way to emulate real-life tactics/strategies. This shows through especially well in its DLC, Napoleonic wars.

Napoleonic wars is a multiplayer-only(if you discount skirmish mode) DLC for Mount and Blade: Warband that takes the default systems and balances them/modifies them to the musket/rifle/cavalry/cannon era of Napoleon, Prussia and Austro-Hungary!!! The game features a battle mode, where up to 200 players fight on a large instanced battlefield with only 1 life(yes, you can get shot right out of the spawn... it sucks). The DLC also has a commander mode, where each player has a team of 10-50 AI(usually 20, having too many brakes the server) of different types of historical units(line infantry, rifle-men, cavalry, canons, unique units to each faction etc.). Just like in standard Mount and Blade: Warband, this game is balanced to emulate real life strategies, so it is a hell of a lot of fun to play, shoot out, and see how a last stand/final charge goes, as the once glorious 500+ man army is reduced to its final 50, and it holds its hill to the death!

Why is this relevant to Crowfall? Well, large battles, consisting of large amounts of players/soldiers from a third person perspective, all influencing a wider economy(at least in the single player) This must have at least some relevance, damn ye!

Edited by TragicNumberOne

Might I interest you in a low-interest mortgage?

The game is old, im waiting for Bannerlord. Personally i have very bad experiances with warband singleplayer, stopped playing it after a bug causing antimenner to completely disappear (and there was no way to bring him back)

The game is old, im waiting for Bannerlord. Personally i have very bad experiances with warband singleplayer, stopped playing it after a bug causing antimenner to completely disappear (and there was no way to bring him back)

What specifically happened here? the game is super grindy, so getting him back... may not be fun

What specifically happened here? the game is super grindy, so getting him back... may not be fun

I created my own kingdom , assigned him to a role for test but he was a very important part of my group so i replaced him with some unimportant dude, but he did not appear in my group and he completely disappeared from he game.

I created my own kingdom , assigned him to a role for test but he was a very important part of my group so i replaced him with some unimportant dude, but he did not appear in my group and he completely disappeared from he game.

are you sure you didn't make him a lord, if he is, then he is likely roaming the country-side with his own army or in his castle/holding doing AI stuff.

are you sure you didn't make him a lord, if he is, then he is likely roaming the country-side with his own army or in his castle/holding doing AI stuff.

Yup, i assigned him to a role in castle , advisor or something like that

Yup, i assigned him to a role in castle , advisor or something like that

I have never actual gotten that far in game, so it could very well be a bug. There are a few other possibilities, such as when you lose a battle, your followers wander the world in major cities, so perhaps he lost one and is now wandering? i dunno whats going on with that. There is also a chance that the advisor role takes them out of the game for a certain time, or perhaps he is just in the castle, advising.