Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Crowd Control And Teamwork - Official Discussion Thread

Don't get caught up on the mention of 15 seconds, its more of a placeholder to prove that the event is triggering as expected. This number will be changed later on once we refine how the system calls the events.  A lot of which I'm playing with today :-). 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Don't get caught up on the mention of 15 seconds, its more of a placeholder to prove that the event is triggering as expected. This number will be changed later on once we refine how the system calls the events.  A lot of which I'm playing with today :-). 

Finally someone talking sense. Apparently the complainers haven't tested a game before otherwise they would have known better to get worked up about (stun) durations in this phase of development.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

For me literally the best update clip so far. I nearly choked laughing, Custardly LOVED IT! 

Kinda goes straight back to the Questions for devs thread about Todd and exotic races. I'm still with you buddy, genious clip. The animation is looking super tight as well, thumbs up.

EDIT: or, or how about golems with wings! Or like a genie with a beholder head or a basilisk with a medusa head with a horn. Or, or...

Edited by Navtyr

Welcome the hunger

Todd is Love, Todd is Life.

15 seconds of complete immunity to all CC seems a bit extreme.

I personally feel like there should be different diminishing returns for each category of CC.

For example, DR on stun should make you immune to stuns for X seconds, but you could still be CC'd by slows/roots/knockbacks/etc.

I know this is all subject to change since the first test is focused on stuns/knockbacks. I'm just putting out my thought on what I think it should be like for the final product.

In typical MMO combat yes, 15 seconds would be an eternity but paired with a aimed 40 second time to kill range on an afk toon that doesn't sound so bad in theory.

As always that's what the tests are for and will show though, so im withholding the right to change my opinion once I see it in action.

Rage Quit

It'll probably be group based for Shadow and Dregs.

Are we sure we need groups?

I personally don't even mind friendly CC building resolve... I just think soft cc shouldn't be part of the immunity.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Finally someone talking sense. Apparently the complainers haven't tested a game before otherwise they would have known better to get worked up about (stun) durations in this phase of development.

Because you can't assess anything on paper, at all, ever... nope, not once has anything ever been figured out to be flawed or wrong without direct hands on experience. Plenty of people here have tested games before, and I am sure most are clear that the 15 second timer is subject to change. That doesn't mean you just sit back and wait for it to change... you recognize it as flawed based on prior testing and game experience.

What about the above is so hard for you to understand? Every thread you come out swinging against those who are actually testing what we know and providing meaningful feedback. I would say that the only one not testing is you, everyone else is number crunching and applying experience to their aruguments. That is called constructve criticism, and that is testing feedback. It is valuable, even on a theoretical paper scale... you need to stop denouncing it as a bad thing.

They put numbers like "15 seconds immunity to CC" in an announcement, it seems reasonable to me that we discuss about those numbers.

And I'm pretty sure that if they talk about specific duration, it's because they think it roughly does the job for the actual phase of development.

Those numbers are given for illustrative purpose and will most likely change, but I think it's not a valid reason to discourage people talking about them.

Edited by courant101

OK, ....what's with that picture of the Knight and Champion fighting?  The original picture had the Knight dual wielding swords and now the one in his left hand has been removed.

Does that mean Knights won't be able to dual wield now?

This is of course is a much more important issue that CC.   :P

15 second immunity isn't that big of a deal (even if it stays as is)...at least so long as the 'resolve meter' wasn't getting charged while the toon was immune.

also considering we don't know what other tools/abilities we'll have at our disposal to break our own stuns, or wash our friends...or if we'll be able to up our resistance to them in general.

Edited by dubanka

Fantastic videos team! The gryphon looks great - I love seeing how you're working on design and animation. I think it will make it easier to understand what we can realistically expect (and request) from our end. 

"Ok, here's plan A: First, we hit 'em...and we keep hitting 'em 'till we can't hit 'em no more. Then we kick 'em...and we keep on kicking 'em till we can't kick 'em no more. By that time, I figure our arms are rested, so we hit em......"

- Every Dwarf Ever.