Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrostSword

What Archetype Will You Be As A Crafter?

I know it is still to early to know much and when we get more information on crafting things will change, but what kind of archetype will you choose if you plan on focusing on crafting?

With how the game is set up, we get the freedom to set up characters how we want, which means anyone can be a crafter. Obviously some are more suited to it than others, but I think part of the interesting part would be how different people use the varying classes/archetypes to determine the type of crafter they are. A Ranger, Stalker, or Assassin may focus on crafting items of stealth, summoning, or training(if possible. also those aren't in any particular order) as that would compliment their trade, where as others may simply stay at the home fort repairing armor and staying out of conflict as much as possible. I guess this could be as much as what type of crafter would you be as much as it is archetype (although you could be different and go with odd pairings because... why not).

So what are your thoughts?

Edit: Apparently this thread made a minor comeback. The original post was made well before the vessel reveal so we are no longer bound to one archetype. I shall amend the question to this: What archetypes will you focus one as a crafter? Why and how do think it would effect your crafting style? (To barrow some of what chancellor said.) The duelist has seen a rise in popularity las a crafting archetype lately... interesting.

Much of the crafting system is still unknown to us, so while this thread may change as we learn more (thank you big reveal and vessels), its always interesting to hear people's thoughts.

Edited by FrostSword

nz8Y2JJ.jpg

I'm speculating the Forgemaster and Druid will have a headstart on crafting options vs any of the other archetypes. Forgemaster is my default crafter plan at this point but it's all subject to change.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

From the FAQ (https://crowfall.com/#/faq/economy):

17. I HAVE TO TAKE A SPECIFIC ARCHETYPE IF I WANT TO CRAFT?!

Generally, no. Most of the crafting-oriented Discipline Runestones can be used by any Archetype, though each character is limited as to how many Disciplines they can use (we’re currently planning on 3, max.) We see crafters as a full-time playstyle! They fill a valuable role as much as a tank or damage dealer does.

In addition to being able to enjoy the “meta-game” of inter-World trading between Worlds, Crafters also have a specific niche role -- every faction/guild will need to recruit them to turn resources into valuable equipment within the Campaigns.

Seems (for now) that every archetype is viable for crafting.

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

From the FAQ (https://crowfall.com/#/faq/economy):

Seems (for now) that every archetype is viable for crafting.

Right, so I was wondering what people where planning on doing. From what I have seen most crafters focus on the Forgemaster, but since every archetype can craft, it would be interesting to see if people are looking at interesting pairings where you wouldn't think of a particular archetype as a crafter but they make it work.

nz8Y2JJ.jpg

It's too early to speculate about it to be honest. because we've too little information about all Archetypes. Maybe you want health + speed as a crafter to get away fast in combat situations, or maybe the little hamster is so small (the duelist) so it's easy to hide in the shadows and vanish in the forest. I think the Archetype with best escape artist kind of powers are best suited for crafting and gathering of resources - that's

the whole idea to get back to the keep alive and breathing with hopefully some resources in your pocket.  ^_^

Then you've slow moving caravans, but those expeditions will be heavily guarded with other templates

that are designed for combat.  :)

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Frostweaver, so I can conjure poorly made socks out of thin air made of ice. At least, I hope it works like that.

Edit: Did a mod edit this post? This is not a joke I'd make in a million years.

Edited by draco_nite

I don't know if they said the strength of your character affecting how much you can carry but they seem to want to put alot of emphasis on your choices. Do I take a strong dwarf to carry more and maybe I can't escape combat as easily but might have more HP to survive or do I take a stealth class or the duelist to escape combat easily but have a downside that I can't be quite as effective at resource gathering.

Personally I was leaning toward the forgemaster because he might have a bonus to crafting at character creation but I am also wondering about the perks of being able to stealth. Also I heard that stealth detection will be a thing now that I think about it. I choose forgemaster.

SR8DSig_Surgemaster.png

"I don't know what I don't know" -Me

I'm speculating the Forgemaster and Druid will have a headstart on crafting options vs any of the other archetypes. Forgemaster is my default crafter plan at this point but it's all subject to change.

How will Druids have a headstart in Crafting? I only thought of Forgemasters having the headstart.

I'm pretty sure that while they were saying most people will have 2-3 characters, I'm pretty sure they said it would be unwise to have a dedicated crafter. Personally, I never have dedicated crafters, I find it to be a waste of time.

Elder Scrolls Online - Templar/Nightblade Mains      Guild Wars 2 - Necromancer/Thief Mains    http://www.twitch.tv/sommazzatore

I really think it depends if any archtypes have natural bonuses to crafting.  If so, whatever one has the best bonuses.  

Assuming all arch-types are equal, I'll aim for a support archtype that preferably focuses on buffing/debuffing so hopefully I am still useful in group combat.  

I think it's really too early to be more specific with such sparse information.

I'm pretty sure that while they were saying most people will have 2-3 characters, I'm pretty sure they said it would be unwise to have a dedicated crafter. Personally, I never have dedicated crafters, I find it to be a waste of time.

From the FAQ: "Most of the crafting-oriented Discipline Runestones can be used by any Archetype, though each character is limited as to how many Disciplines they can use (we’re currently planning on 3, max.) We see crafters as a full-time playstyle! They fill a valuable role as much as a tank or damage dealer does."

So they think full time crafters are important. In a game where items are decaying or being lost, a dedicated person gathering materials and replacing these items seems to be a big deal, but it isn't for everyone.

nz8Y2JJ.jpg

From the FAQ: "Most of the crafting-oriented Discipline Runestones can be used by any Archetype, though each character is limited as to how many Disciplines they can use (we’re currently planning on 3, max.) We see crafters as a full-time playstyle! They fill a valuable role as much as a tank or damage dealer does."

So they think full time crafters are important. In a game where items are decaying or being lost, a dedicated person gathering materials and replacing these items seems to be a big deal, but it isn't for everyone.

I agree. But they were saying it would be easy to simply swap out your discipline rune stones (If I'm not mistaken) as long as you had them unlocked or something (I'm sorry I don't remember exactly) so it may be someone's main duty it sounds like to me, but it doesn't mean they will need multiple characters, or one fully dedicated to it.  Though, if that turns out to be the case I won't be too broken up about it and will probably do the Forgemaster.

Elder Scrolls Online - Templar/Nightblade Mains      Guild Wars 2 - Necromancer/Thief Mains    http://www.twitch.tv/sommazzatore