ObsLoD

Some Shadowbane reminiscing...

We played Shadowbane on the Death server(of course) and it was one of the greatest moments in gaming i can remember. It was such a struggle that it almost felt like watching an epic war movie unfold on a daily basis. I can still remember setting alarm clocks to 4am to wake up for my "shift" to protect our walls from being destroyed. What a rush and truly great experience that SB(and all server resets) gave to us all. If this this game is anything like it, we are in for a real treat.

One of our guys made some magazine style history .pdf's of our adventures on the Death server, hopefully some of you played with or against us at some point and will enjoy these.

http://www.lordsofdeath.com/history2/shadowbane_part_1.pdf

http://www.lordsofdeath.com/history2/shadowbane_part_2.pdf

Look forward to chopping it up with new and old enemies in whatever J and Gordon come up with.

-Obs

www.lordsofdeath.com

www.youtube.com/obslod

Lords of Death.  I started Shadowbane playing for House Lok-ri, the Elven Empire in the North.  We had a large war against your empire.

Lords of Death.  I started Shadowbane playing for House Lok-ri, the Elven Empire in the North.  We had a large war against your empire.

Nice, we have quite a few screenshots and quotes from Lok-ri in our history write up. Maybe you are in there somewhere as a blue dot :)

-Obs

www.lordsofdeath.com

www.youtube.com/obslod

Did you guys migrate over to Darkfall for a while or have some form of division that did?  I remember an LOD on the original version of Darkfall, but I can't seem to recall what the acronym stood for, pretty sure it was Lords of Death.  Maybe it was Lords of Destruction?  Oh well I can't seem to remember.  Anywho, welcome! :D

Did you guys migrate over to Darkfall for a while or have some form of division that did?  I remember an LOD on the original version of Darkfall, but I can't seem to recall what the acronym stood for, pretty sure it was Lords of Death.  Maybe it was Lords of Destruction?  Oh well I can't seem to remember.  Anywho, welcome! :D

Yeah we did play on DF EU and US as LoD, may have been us.

-Obs

www.lordsofdeath.com

www.youtube.com/obslod

I still remember the server war against LoD on the Death server. There were so many players on the screen my graphics card couldn't process all the character models and everyone looked like mannequins. I think I have a SS around somewhere......

I still fantasize that someone somewhere has the old server political boards saved on a hard drive somewhere and I could actually go read all of my old posts.  It would be one of the happiest days of my life.

I still fantasize that someone somewhere has the old server political boards saved on a hard drive somewhere and I could actually go read all of my old posts.  It would be one of the happiest days of my life.

You can get some from 2007 on the wayback.  Not much though.

Old shadowbane Vet here and current MagicBane (shadowbane emulator) player here! A nobody on war server at launch and Kickit of Crime Syndicate (Entropy and a few other minor servers) until about '06. Been playing Magicbane for almost a year now. Good to get that good ol' shadowbane fix.

But shadowbane ended for a reason and shadowbane was bought by the a chinese company, so of course there won't be a Shadowbane 2. But just like Shadowbane had UO as a predecessor, hope for good things out of this project since Shadowbane seems to be an inspiration.

Recent fight:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lndDc0FfgU

Had some outstanding fights on Death. Was the GM of Mourntilde (MT), affiliated with the elven empire guilds. After debilitating city bugs,disbanded and went over to FC. Looking forward to seeing some old faces here.

hah, I started with lok-ri too. what ever happened to them? i moved on when i decided my first character was a trainwreck and i needed to reroll (with great success!).

also, hi LOD. you guys bringing VAMP and your other ladyfriendguild along for this ride?