ObsLoD

Some Shadowbane reminiscing...

Vikingnail at the table of unknown n00b scrubs:

Unhappy-boy-sitting-at-dinner-table.jpg

After all of the hard effort he put into figuring out how to get pulled in group formation followed by pressing ctrl + A, all he got was a plate of inedible crap.

okay okay, I'm kidding. It's pretty self-evident that VIKINGNAIL never even actually played Shadowbane, not in 2003 or at any point thereafter.

Just remember how confident you are in that assumption. 

Just remember how confident you are in that assumption. 

It's not an assumption. It's a deduction based on the fact that no one of any substance from the Shadowbane player community even knows who you are, many of whom are players who played since release.... If we wanted to be really official about it, we could just call it a rebuttable presumption, one that you have not yet dispelled seeing as how you haven't proffered any evidence to show that you have actually played the game. But then when such a presumption is not rebutted it naturally rises to the level of "fact" anyway; in any case, it's not some sort of warrantless assumption.

What I can't figure out is why someone would pretend to be a champion in a game he either didn't play or didn't play long enough for anyone to remember him. Care to tell us why? It doesn't make any sense, especially if you're this l33t skeet gamer who went on to dominate other games that required "skill" after you left Shadowbane... Did you make a lasting impression in any game that you've supposedly "played"?

The other amusing part about this is that, as far as collective memories go, Shadowbane players on average have the longest that I've encountered on any MMO that I've played, and I've been PKin' gimptards (followed by dumpstering them on the discussion forums) like yourself since the UO days.

Since you're a little confused on the concept, here's an example of an assumption: I'm assuming that you're posing as a "skilled player" who supposedly "dominated" Shadowbane in its first few months because of the plausible deniability that naturally accompanies such a claim ("everyone who was any gud quit when i did and dats y no 1 remebers me nao"), and that you're pretending to have dominated a game that you didn't matter in expressly because you never attained any standing worth mentioning in any other game either. How am I doing?

Edited by managainsttime

It's not an assumption. It's a deduction based on the fact that no one of any substance from the Shadowbane player community even knows who you are, many of whom are players who played since release.... If we wanted to be really official about it, we could just call it a rebuttable presumption, one that you have not yet dispelled seeing as how you haven't proffered any evidence to show that you have actually played the game. But then when such a presumption is not rebutted it naturally rises to the level of "fact" anyway; in any case, it's not some sort of warrantless assumption.

What I can't figure out is why someone would pretend to be a champion in a game he either didn't play or didn't play long enough for anyone to remember him. Care to tell us why? It doesn't make any sense, especially if you're this l33t skeet gamer who went on to dominate other games that required "skill" after you left Shadowbane... Did you make a lasting impression in any game that you've supposedly "played"?

The other amusing part about this is that, as far as collective memories go, Shadowbane players on average have the longest that I've encountered on any MMO that I've played, and I've been PKin' gimptards (followed by dumpstering them on the discussion forums) like yourself since the UO days.

Since you're a little confused on the concept, here's an example of an assumption: I'm assuming that you're posing as a "skilled player" who supposedly "dominated" Shadowbane in its first few months because of the plausible deniability that naturally accompanies such a claim ("everyone who was any gud quit when i did and dats y no 1 remebers me nao"), and that you're pretending to have dominated a game that you didn't matter in expressly because you never attained any standing worth mentioning in any other game either. How am I doing?

The way he spits out nonsense reminds me of Sabotard. He refuses to provide facts or details to his time of "supposed play". He just talks. Then he always falls back on the same statement, " if you sat at the table of champions, you would understand.). Lol...

But none of you sat at the table of champions when the game was most competitive, how could you know anything?  You may have had an active sub at launch, but you definitely didn't excel. 

You can't figure out a lot of things... that I agree with you on.  Yes I've dominated tons of competitive games... and I dominated shadowbane as well even though it was not a truly competitive game, it was a game with few players and very low skill-ceiling.

This is just you living in your little fantasy world, most of the old school great pvpers from UO and EQ and AC played shadowbane, dominated it, and moved on to better games.  The only people that put down years of roots in shadowbane were people that didn't get the memo about playing games with higher skill-ceilings vs better players.

You're assuming a lot of things simply based on the fact that you've dumped so much time into shadowbane and want to imagine it was worth it.

The way he spits out nonsense reminds me of Sabotard. He refuses to provide facts or details to his time of "supposed play". He just talks. Then he always falls back on the same statement, " if you sat at the table of champions, you would understand.). Lol...

People that sit at the table of champions don't have to prove themselves to people that aren't dominant... this is an important lesson you will probably never learn.

People dump time into games they enjoy, who knew. *mind blown*

No problem with people enjoying the shallow end of the pool, as long as they admit they are enjoying the shallow end of the pool. 

No problem with people enjoying the shallow end of the pool, as long as they admit they are enjoying the shallow end of the pool.

Do you even realize how much of a moron you sound like?

Do you even realize how much of a moron you sound like?

He surely doesn't. It's kind of like how Minotaurs have stun immunity (and low int).

I don't expect VIKINGNAIL to understand that reference for a multitude of reasons.

Edited by managainsttime

He surely doesn't. It's kind of like how Minotaurs have stun immunity (and low int).

I don't expect VIKINGNAIL to understand that reference for a multitude of reasons.

Those are some pretty weak comments to make... I'd much have preferred you guys just did well in shadowbane when it mattered. 

Trechery, Knight of Glory and Beer, Conveant of Swords.

Mmm I still remmeber Father on the walls giving orders in shout, not giving any custards.

I was on Treachery as well. My roommate was the guild leader of Peacekeepers, the guild that organize the takedown of CoS.

On 1/6/2015 at 8:59 PM, zingmaster said:

God...rewatching old videos of SB makes you wonder how we ever played the piece of poorly made socks to begin with, let alone thought it was amazing.

But it was

Goddamn those were good times.

On 6/4/2016 at 2:49 AM, managainsttime said:

I still, to this frickin' day, recall camping a certain Minotaur RP guild on Treachery for hours after I had applied a +40 int to my first elf healer channeler with gold block, as I could easily tank and kill a small group of 3-4 solo just by healing myself, nuking, and running around. Many melee players didn't even use weapon styles back then!

That was because str based tunes didn't have any attack back then. I camped their entire city with my Dex Monkey blademaster warlock because in def stance none of them could hit me :)