Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some Shadowbane reminiscing...

I'm not insulting anyone though I am just sharing my opinion on the nature of different types of gamers.  I do know their experience in high skill-ceiling games though... which is very limited.

People that stuck around in shadowbane were never really able to succeed in high skill-ceiling games... if anyone wants to prove me wrong that's fine..

Not really.  I don't go out of my way to prove stupid arguments wrong.  It typically happens organically.

Glad you are enjoying your multi-month crusade claiming WoW as the pinnacle of MMO PvP.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, the old minds behind Shadowbane are back.  I remember fondly building the old Banecircle system.  The future is so full of possibilities...   ~~Dreadflame

Anyone who still takes VN serious, is doing it wrong.  Here is how you deal with him.   1: Read his post 2: Laugh in your head. 3: Move along

Jesus man (Man? Time? Can I call you Man?). You post just like I do.  And btw I came when you started talking about classical military.  As one history nerd to another, I have to call out one thing th

Not really.  I don't go out of my way to prove stupid arguments wrong.  It typically happens organically.

Glad you are enjoying your multi-month crusade claiming WoW as the pinnacle of MMO PvP.

What WoW as the pinnacle of PVP?  I played WoW in beta and for the most first year.  PVP consisted of wandering around zones ganking peeps xping.  I heard they were going to add battlegrounds or some such crap but the PVP in WoW was pathetic so I came back to SB. 

Wait - are you saying since I didn't stick around in WoW as it evolved and expanded I have no idea what I am talking about?  Hmmmmm.

What WoW as the pinnacle of PVP?  I played WoW in beta and for the most first year.  PVP consisted of wandering around zones ganking peeps xping.  I heard they were going to add battlegrounds or some such crap but the PVP in WoW was pathetic so I came back to SB. 

Wait - are you saying since I didn't stick around in WoW as it evolved and expanded I have no idea what I am talking about?  Hmmmmm.

unless you're vn, or have previously expressed a love for wow pvp...I don't believe he was responding to you? 

• 7 months later...

you know i just adore the truly Silly peeeeeeplez...

and u r always at the top of the list...

lol...MB....lol....

gawd i enjoy good comedy

I tell you what, you can bring a guild that you had on Mourning to Magicbane and show how live guilds were better. And then I'll bring a guild to Mourn--- oh wait.

There is not a guild remotely close to what QFT was in it's prime on either emulator. I played with FTP/SotD against them. For that matter, there is not a current guild close to what SotD or FTP was in their prime.

I could argue that there wasn't a guild that dominated Shadowbane like Death Head Legion (DHL) did on War server at launch. And then VikingNail can come say how beta guilds never had a real challenge on live.

My point is that you can't crap on an emulator just because people are still playing and you guys aren't. We can point to any point in time of Shadowbane and re-hash history. Although, I do think congratulating dupelords with FC items for being awesome is a little yawn.

I could argue that there wasn't a guild that dominated Shadowbane like Death Head Legion (DHL) did on War server at launch. And then VikingNail can come say how beta guilds never had a real challenge on live.

My point is that you can't crap on an emulator just because people are still playing and you guys aren't. We can point to any point in time of Shadowbane and re-hash history. Although, I do think congratulating dupelords with FC items for being awesome is a little yawn.

Well all you can really do is contextualize and look at the period where the game had the most active competition... that would be the months after launch... everything besides that is just small potatoes.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I always assumed you search your own name every day.

I'm not sure what you are trying to imply but for example if you look at some of the people that reminisce about shadowbane, and they are fond of whatever period they played in... but you can tell which periods were a joke sometimes just by the people who reminisce about the periods.

If OldManJoe reminisces about some period where his guild was top dawg on some server, but OldManJoe isn't really good at any modern games, you can tell OldManJoe isn't actually a very good gamer, so his dominance wasn't based on skill... so if he was able to dominate a period, it probably wasn't a period that involved much skill. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I'm not sure what you are trying to imply but for example if you look at some of the people that reminisce about shadowbane, and they are fond of whatever period they played in... but you can tell which periods were a joke sometimes just by the people who reminisce about the periods.

If OldManJoe reminisces about some period where his guild was top dawg on some server, but OldManJoe isn't really good at any modern games, you can tell OldManJoe isn't actually a very good gamer, so his dominance wasn't based on skill... so if he was able to dominate a period, it probably wasn't a period that involved much skill. 

Yeah, but OldManJoe is plagued by BobTheAutist bringing arguments about modern gaming when the argument was about one game.

Well OldManJoe hasn't proven to be competent even in that one game when it was in its most competitive state, so it's kinda sad no? 

What has BobTheAutist proven? I have screenshots of me playing Shadowbane. I was busy leading Marines during beta and I didn't know about Shadowbane until I saw that blue minotaur on the box in the PX. Meanwhile, you were using Lycos to find an easy way to get cheeto crumbs out of your keyboard while shadow-bolting the player base that thought a great sword, strength based wizard was a great idea.