Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ObsLoD

Some Shadowbane reminiscing...

also, hi LOD. you guys bringing VAMP and your other ladyfriendguild along for this ride?

I would hope so. Wouldn't be the same without  seeing DoM too.

Played with RoS (allied with HL) on Death from beta until we made Team Trammel. I am begging someone from LoD to still have that carebear stare video you guys made which was one of my favorite things to ever exist. Please still have it and make me see it right now.

you know its not just the game, reading the SB boards was just as fun. Is it just me or is there like 6 or 7 Shadowbane topics with 40, 50 , and 60 replys....and then i see people posting from other games with just one topic and 5 or 6 replys. hmmmmmm i wonder which game had the best suppot. By the way SB only had a few thousand for a player base most of these other had millions.....hmmmmmmm.

They didn't call it forumbane for nothing! Though seriously, I think what is driving all the SB-related activity right now is that unlike the other games related to this one, their fanbase hasn't been cast adrift looking for another game like it for years, and the chance that something like it may actually get revisited by this team is irresistible to us all. Plus anyone who was around then knows that the SB pre-release community was almost as much fun as the game itself, everyone was so excited about the possibilities. It's fun to see something like that again now. 

The Sundered Guard - "Nature's Sword, the People's Shield" - Ranger's Brotherhood of Shadowbane, Mourning Server

Played with RoS (allied with HL) on Death from beta until we made Team Trammel. I am begging someone from LoD to still have that carebear stare video you guys made which was one of my favorite things to ever exist. Please still have it and make me see it right now.

You know, i cant really remember this video... what was it about? Maybe i can dig it up.

www.twitch.tv/obslod  |  www.youtube.com/obslod  | www.lordsofdeath.com

oh my stars and garters....so many Names i remember hanging out here....

do you know meh? you might remember years of my typing like this on Mourning.... perhaps my sesquipedalian tendencies ring a bell?

or not...

be all of that as it may, i just wanted to say...good to see some of you reprobate bastiches are still above ground, and this olde d00d is looking forward to what might just happen around here....

i see lots of vids posted already, thanks for sharing all those memories...i'm fairly certain a lot more will go up over the course of time, i think i have one very unusual SB clip around here someplace....

so...yeah....ummmm....

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Wait, wasn't LOTD on the Scorn server at some point?  

Although both from the Baja server in UO, LoD(Lords of Death) and LotD(Lords of the Dead) are actually different guilds. When UO first started we both wanted the name LoD so we had a guild fight over it and won. True story. They have been around a long time like us, and we've been enemies off an on throughout the years.

www.twitch.tv/obslod  |  www.youtube.com/obslod  | www.lordsofdeath.com

I had nobody to play with in DFUW and ended up joining some LotD offshoot. It was painful. (played a skirm named Pretty Lights)

for the life of me I can't remember what the hell servers I played on in SB beyond death and vengeance and possibly mourning. wish I could find some server maps to jog my memory.

was with

Lok'ri (very briefly)

Skyfang

EB

played with a tight-knit group of people under the Order of Shadow tag. I think we fielded maybe 2 groups at our peak. think we also played with WAR a bit (stargod & co.)

I wasn't really well known but my main characters were:

Catholic Schoolgirl (human templar)

Sixhundred Sixtysix (mino barb)

Ilia (aelfborn dual throwing dagger fury, probably my favorite)

Leer (aracoix bow scout)

I also ran a 2h axe female aelfborn valk STR/CON regen ranger. she was stupid fun to run around solo with. sit down for 2 seconds and be back to full health and hit like a mac truck. loved picking off leveling groups with her, though i dont remember what her name was. ***I remember now, her name was Paizuri Funtime

god I ****ing miss SB, most fun i have had in any MMO.

This pic was from the first month of Chaos server.  My guild was Sacrifice, and was located on the eastern most island of the desert.  Those were the days.

95aaFUD.jpg

This one is from a developer event - they summoned giant demons that set fire to everything.  After the event our town still remained on fire :)

Ummz0Ah.jpg

My Xbow Warrior helping Conman the Uber to defend a bane on Mourning Server.  My buddies and I all made a spec group with the last name Toast. We subbed to a care bear guild to get free PL's and then slaughtered them once we all hit max level. Nation chat was HILARIOUS that day.

slvPunG.jpg

My first mmo was shadowbane and death was my first server, of course i remember LoD. First time getting pked was by some dude named Clownwith Sixfingers(or something like that) from LoD or one of your subguilds. Over a decade ago and i still remember that vividly. Nothing made me happier than being at the siege that finally took LoD keep! GG, you guys played to crush and dominated for the vast majority of the life cycle of that server. Respect.

I guess we couldn't be Shadowbane players without self-aggrandizing video posts.

For a good example of a solid 10 v 10 Shadowbane fight, see the Wehrmacht vs. Validation battle in the semi-finals of SBEMU's 10v10 tournament at

. Unfortunately, Effeckted, the camera man, rage logs when he dies, but the outcome of the battle is a foregone conclusion at that point. The finals, pitting Group 1 (China's most skilled PvP guild) and Wehrmacht are also pretty good:

For some footage of forces of 10-20 thumping large zergs in offensive sieges, check out the Get on our Level and Reptilians videos from the Mourning server.

;
;
; . And there's your obligatory self-aggrandizement.

My favorite SB videos which do not feature my own unrivaled excellence are Bofis' N-Unit series. Some of them can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJU1IkvGy_U; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybc3P7gsDSs (N-Unit 21); and https://www.youtube.com/user/Phylor/videos . Special thanks to Phylor for keeping some of those preserved. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the famed N-Unit 4 (first video featuring the Half-Giant CORKEY THE wonderful person).

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

You know, i cant really remember this video... what was it about? Maybe i can dig it up.

It was very early on - I think one of the earliest banes - can't even remember if we dropped on you or you dropped on us, and I can't remember who won.  I just remember it was the first LoD vid I ever saw, and interspersed with the game footage was some animation of like all of the clans in the HL alliance lined up.  Above the graphic it said "Carebears ... STARE!"  The rest has been erased from my memory except for the amount of laughing I did at your mocking of us which I also secretly did because of rp.