Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ObsLoD

Some Shadowbane reminiscing...

Interesting post here.

So, while you have countered my assertion that you quit about 4ish weeks into live (46 days was my exact quote, in reply to another R30s apologist), you have also repeatedly talked about being relevant, with the repeated insinuation that you were back in the day in SB. However, you also have recently stated that if you weren't on Scorn, then you weren't very relevant. However, in the post above, you essentially state that to be relevant, you must know success in a competitive environment.

Scorn was one of the least competitive initial servers, as R30s rolled out of beta with enough knowledge and numbers to crush the small potatoes guys just trying to learn the game on that server (not to mention meet people and get into a guild), then subsequently got banned and/or quit (again, approximately 46 days into live). As one of the least competitive servers (hint - it's why it got shut down so fast), with your aforementioned standard of competitiveness creating relevance, wouldn't that in turn make you irrelevant compared to most of the SB folks here?

Well scorn was actually the most competitive of the initial servers with great guilds from past games coming out of the woodwork... The problem is that once guilds would get destroyed on scorn they would just run off to other servers.  People were quitting because the game was unplayable, the service had been hacked (security issues) etc etc.  You may not want to believe it was the most competitive server, because that wouldn't work well for your own ego... but all the big boys came to play there, and the pretenders went and hid elsewhere after getting beaten or simply dodging the invitation to organize and play against the best players.

Note - I don't actually believe any of the above to be justifiable or accurate standards for measuring relevance, skill, or even an e-peen. I am merely pointing out that when you continually make up your standards of measurements to suit your current desire to insult, then eventually someone will read enough of your comments to realize that you have, in fact, set a standard of measurement that sets you below the person you are attempting to insult.

But it doesn't set me below... because anyone that was relevant knows where the top players played... the rest of the people just simply had no clue... they have their own perception of how things were, but it simply isn't accurate.  It's like someone growing up never hearing about the NFL but learning about football from his grandpa, and then thinking he is the best player ever cause he can fare well against his cousins..  If you don't know you simply don't know... there's a reason that the players in the top scorn guilds went on to do big things in MMOs, and the rest try to cling to warped accomplishments like winning GW2 WvW... instead of real accomplishments like winning big esports tournaments. 

Feel free to insult me in return, though I've made it pretty clear that I think I'm a terrible player.  :)

P.S. - Tebow did win two national titles, but football is truly a team game. There are a number of lesser QBs who have won superbowls, and some outstanding ones who never came close. In my opinion, that is a terrible analogy when you want to insult the skills of a single player.

Tebow washed out at the professional level... that's what matters... If you want to be good by college standards that's fine... but real competitors are competing and excelling against the best the game has to offer. 

Why haven't we heard of you before?

Apparently, neither is google. I can't seem to find you ranked anywhere.

Did you know that if Joe Montana makes the name TimTebowNumberOne and still shares his own thoughts, they are still Joe Montana's thoughts?

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Did you know that if Joe Montana makes the name TimTebowNumberOne and still shares his own thoughts, they are still Joe Montana's thoughts?

Did you know that If Chuck Norris is seen in a video game, his "health bar" is actually his patience?

CF_Van.png

He never actually provides any proof to what he says. It is always along the lines of "I say so".

He's not one to be proven wrong thus far. It's a statement that's almost impossible to prove. He wants someone from open beta to tell him he wasn't relevant on live. And you also have to have played on Scorn.

I mean, I banged the most chicks on the island of Tinian in 2002. It's a fact until someone from Tinian in 2002 can contest this.

He never actually provides any proof to what he says. It is always along the lines of "I say so".

Actually, that is the most shadowbane thing about his posts. :)

CF_Van.png

And you idiots are still in the same argument with about the Rolling 30s a year amd three acounts later.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

It just seems like really inexperienced people that didn't play in shadowbane's prime trying to chime in because they want to imagine they played in a relevant time.

It just seems like really inexperienced people that didn't play in shadowbane's prime trying to chime in because they want to imagine they played in a relevant time.

You neglect to mention the folks who've argued with your statements who played from Beta to shutdown.

CF_Van.png

You neglect to mention the folks who've argued with your statements who played from Beta to shutdown.

Which ones?  Were they on scorn or in any top guild in beta?

I just can't get over how funny it is to me that anyone actually believes that any prior experience from SB beta, SB live, SBemu, or Magicbane is somehow going to correlate to success in this game.

The guilds that can put aside their own egos and out think the horde of pubescent poorly made ***** talkers are going to be the ones that dominate.  Another thought here is that unless any of these old guilds have a fresh roster of 17 year olds ready to play this game under your tag, you REALLY have no idea what's coming.  I hate to say it guys but we're old now.

Edited by lindorn

Your milkshake lures all the fine folks to the yard. Verily, it is better than mine. Surely it is better than mine. Would you teach me, or would you levy a fee? - Integ

LOL this profanity filter.

It'd actually be cool to get a steam group going with everyone we know from SB so we can catch up, chat, and play other games together in the lead up to this.  Personally I'd be really happy to just talk to you guys (super busy at work anyway these days)

Edited by lindorn

Your milkshake lures all the fine folks to the yard. Verily, it is better than mine. Surely it is better than mine. Would you teach me, or would you levy a fee? - Integ