Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ObsLoD

Some Shadowbane reminiscing...

In this game leadership will be far, far more important to success than "pro-gamers."

Can't emphasize this enough. This is true in life in any large venture as in any sandbox games.  Leadership is at the center.  It's not to say that leaders deserve all of the credit.  The people who follow them do.  It is to say though that the success or failure of just about any group comes down to leadership.

Edited by lindorn

Your milkshake lures all the fine folks to the yard. Verily, it is better than mine. Surely it is better than mine. Would you teach me, or would you levy a fee? - Integ

No, pro-gamers are literally the best in every field... the only time they aren't considered natural born leaders is in the presence of a better pro-gamer.  This isn't even up for discussion... it's night and day the difference between a pro and a non-pro.

There is no such thing as a natural-born anything, to be fair.

Your milkshake lures all the fine folks to the yard. Verily, it is better than mine. Surely it is better than mine. Would you teach me, or would you levy a fee? - Integ

Simply untrue...

Actually, it is.  Check out the research of a Dr. Carol Dweck who's spent most of her life studying how a person's mindset is at the center of their ability to learn and grow.  It has little to do with any innate or ability given at birth.  It's mostly about how you work through problems and handle failure.

Actually, it is.  Check out the research of a Dr. Carol Dweck who's spent most of her life studying how a person's mindset is at the center of their ability to learn and grow.  It has little to do with any innate or ability given at birth.  It's mostly about how you work through problems and handle failure.

Cool... check out Jerome Bettis...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

From Detroit Free Press

But this what Bettis did have: Detroit and his family, an extremely strong work ethic and enough sense to rely on the good people around him.

B9318304171Z.1_20150801232351_000_GPIBGN

Jerome Bettis on the sideline before the Steelers' wild card playoff game against the Ravens in Pittsburgh in January.
(Photo: AP)

"So I think growing up in Detroit you learn from all those life lessons that you're taught," Bettis told the Free Press in a phone interview. "It wasn't one thing in particular, but growing up in Detroit it really hardened me to the point where when I left and went to Notre Dame I was mentally tough, I was physically tough. And that came from all the lessons you learn and the mistakes that you make growing up. It makes you a better person, if you learn from them."

Edited by lindorn

From Detroit Free Press

But this what Bettis did have: Detroit and his family, an extremely strong work ethic and enough sense to rely on the good people around him.

B9318304171Z.1_20150801232351_000_GPIBGN

Jerome Bettis on the sideline before the Steelers' wild card playoff game against the Ravens in Pittsburgh in January.

(Photo: AP)

"So I think growing up in Detroit you learn from all those life lessons that you're taught," Bettis told the Free Press in a phone interview. "It wasn't one thing in particular, but growing up in Detroit it really hardened me to the point where when I left and went to Notre Dame I was mentally tough, I was physically tough. And that came from all the lessons you learn and the mistakes that you make growing up. It makes you a better person, if you learn from them."

His work ethic involved eating cheese burgers...

What's wrong with that? Good source of protein.

Nothing wrong with it... he is just well known for actually having a terrible work ethic and coasting on his natural talent because he always played like 20 pounds overweight.

Never heard of it.

Well you missed that point entirely. I was asking you to state the relevant guild you were in, and because your avatar appears to be female, I used a chivalrous manner in which to ask it.

CF_Van.png

Nothing wrong with it... he is just well known for actually having a terrible work ethic and coasting on his natural talent because he always played like 20 pounds overweight.

You don't run a 4.48 40 time at his weight unless you work hard in the weight room.

http://www.kgbanswers.com/what-was-nfl-runningback-jerome-bettis-40-yard-time-at-the-combine/3897642

You should also check out the below, which details out his day off after a game.

http://old.post-gazette.com/lifestyle/20011223bettis1223fnp2.asp

CF_Van.png

You don't run a 4.48 40 time at his weight unless you work hard in the weight room.

http://www.kgbanswers.com/what-was-nfl-runningback-jerome-bettis-40-yard-time-at-the-combine/3897642

You should also check out the below, which details out his day off after a game.

http://old.post-gazette.com/lifestyle/20011223bettis1223fnp2.asp

Working hard in the weight room has nothing to do with your 40 yard time...

Also 4.48 isn't actually that great for a tailback... nt though...

Working hard in the weight room has nothing to do with your 40 yard time...

Also 4.48 isn't actually that great for a tailback... nt though...

Fir a guy his size? That isn't good? Get out with your "pretender knowledge". He averaged 1000 yards a season, which is considered good. Edited by Handies

Fir a guy his size? That isn't good? Get out with your "pretender knowledge". He averaged 1000 yards a season, which is considered good.

Yea... because of his natural talent... Not because he stayed in perfect shape...

Pretender knowledge?  Look at you guys gobbling up dumb articles praising a hall-of-famer... of course they are going to say positive things about him and not make fun of his laziness...

If you actually knew anything about football you would know he was an amazing natural talent that could have been even more dominant with a better work ethic.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Yea... because of his natural talent... Not because he stayed in perfect shape...

Pretender knowledge?  Look at you guys gobbling up dumb articles praising a hall-of-famer... of course they are going to say positive things about him and not make fun of his laziness...

If you actually knew anything about football you would know he was an amazing natural talent that could have been even more dominant with a better work ethic.

Most fields consider consistency as good "work ethnics".

Most fields consider consistency as good "work ethnics".

We aren't debating that if you had been following the conversation at all... we are arguing about whether someone can be naturally born gifted at something.  Which is obviously the case in the real world if someone has any decent observational skills.

We aren't debating that if you had been following the conversation at all... we are arguing about whether someone can be naturally born gifted at something.  Which is obviously the case in the real world if someone has any decent observational skills.

So, you are trying to tell me that Jerome Bettis popped into this world as a running back? I am pretty sure he would slap some sense into you for thinking anything like that. No one becomes good at anything without learning, applying and practice.

So, you are trying to tell me that Jerome Bettis popped into this world as a running back? I am pretty sure he would slap some sense into you for thinking anything like that. No one becomes good at anything without learning, applying and practice.

I think you are totally confused as to what is being discussed and should reread the conversation.