Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ObsLoD

Some Shadowbane reminiscing...

> Hard work will always beat out talent until talent works hard. 

Some people are gifted with having both an excellent work ethic and talent the best of which can be called pro. Those who are "Naturally Born Talented" may just have a series of traits (which may be picked up or natural) that make them successful which is leagues above the rest, but there's no one that is born an amazing leader or pro gamer/ athlete.

Edited by Uyathefox

Sugoi ! - Head of Disciplinary Committee

YhuWX9S.png

> Hard work will always beat out talent until talent works hard. 

Some people are gifted with having both an excellent work ethic and talent the best of which can be called pro. Those who are "Naturally Born Talented" may just have a series of traits (which may be picked up or natural) that make them successful which is leagues above the rest, but there's no one that is born an amazing leader or pro gamer/ athlete.

Hard work doesn't make you 7 feet tall...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Hard work doesn't make you 7 feet tall...

No it doesn't but I wasn't talking about physique which may help a ton, but doesn't automatically make you a great player.

Edit:

Those who are "Naturally Born Talented" may just have a series of traits (which may be picked up or natural) that make them successful which is leagues above the rest. but there's no one that is born an amazing leader or pro gamer/ athlete.

> Also your just enforcing my original statement

Edited by Uyathefox

Sugoi ! - Head of Disciplinary Committee

YhuWX9S.png

No it doesn't but I wasn't talking about physique which may help a ton, but doesn't automatically make you a great player.

Edit:

> Also your just enforcing my original statement

Not really... since you think you can't be born an amazing leader or pro gamer/athlete... and you really can be. 

Probably the most ridiculous derailing of a thread I've seen here. And that's saying something.

I mean to be fair you're the one who brought up the leadership thing :P.

Your milkshake lures all the fine folks to the yard. Verily, it is better than mine. Surely it is better than mine. Would you teach me, or would you levy a fee? - Integ

Working hard in the weight room has nothing to do with your 40 yard time...

Knowledge will give you strength.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kelly11.htm

Protip: If you don't know what you're talking about, you can type this into a web browser before you respond:

http://www.google.com

You don't have to be a stud scout to use an internet search engine.

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

Well you missed that point entirely. I was asking you to state the relevant guild you were in, and because your avatar appears to be female, I used a chivalrous manner in which to ask it.

I ask again, Vikingnail, what "relevant" guild were you a member of in Shadowbane?

CF_Van.png

Knowledge will give you strength.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kelly11.htm

Protip: If you don't know what you're talking about, you can type this into a web browser before you respond:

http://www.google.com

You don't have to be a stud scout to use an internet search engine.

You should really know when you are conquered, pal.  Take a careful look at the article you linked... there should be something very obvious about it and how foolish you seem. 

(You might as well be linking crossfit youtube videos)

This just reminds me of shadowbane all over... people wanting to talk all sorts of nonsense, desperately clinging to anything they can try to misconstrue to validate whatever view they have... instead of actually becoming proficient at performing. 

The fact that you are even trying to make the arguments you are trying to make already speak volumes about the understanding you have on such things. 

It's kind of like that guy who tries to tell you playing an FPS with a console control is just as efficient as a mouse and keyboard...

I ask again, Vikingnail, what "relevant" guild were you a member of in Shadowbane?

If you sat at the table of champions you would already know who I am.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

You just sound like the dog that waited for scraps to fall off of the table. You recognize all of us from the waste down.

You DEFINITELY do not sit at the table of champions.

If you sat at the table of champions you would already know who I am.

Our waitress?

I'll take a cheeseburger, medium, and yes, I would like fries with that. While you're at it, could you get my buddy Coolwaters another round? He's pretty funny in voicecomms after he's had a few. Spum's glass is getting pretty low, so perhaps he'd like another beer too. How about you, Gradishar, are you good, or are you too busy building forts with sugar packets and salt shakers? 

Actually, go ahead and put the next round of drinks winter and tougher's steady mobbin crew have down at their end of the table - they're next to the Hy'shen crew. I'd spot them a round, too, but since they are drinking with FTP, I don't want to kick off a brawl when Byr and Kally take umbrage at my not getting them a round too. 

Hey fellas, Jerz and Holam should be here soon. Make sure to save room for them. What's that? You wanted to save that seat for Bonedancer? No way - screw that guy. He quit a month into live. 

Chop chop, VN. We've got stories to tell and beer to drink.

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

Our waitress?

I'll take a cheeseburger, medium, and yes, I would like fries with that. While you're at it, could you get my buddy Coolwaters another round? He's pretty funny in voicecomms after he's had a few. Spum's glass is getting pretty low, so perhaps he'd like another beer too. How about you, Gradishar, are you good, or are you too busy building forts with sugar packets and salt shakers? 

Actually, go ahead and put the next round of drinks winter and tougher's steady mobbin crew have down at their end of the table - they're next to the Hy'shen crew. I'd spot them a round, too, but since they are drinking with FTP, I don't want to kick off a brawl when Byr and Kally take umbrage at my not getting them a round too. 

Hey fellas, Jerz and Holam should be here soon. Make sure to save room for them. What's that? You wanted to save that seat for Bonedancer? No way - screw that guy. He quit a month into live. 

Chop chop, VN. We've got stories to tell and beer to drink.

I'm sorry were you relevant when shadowbane had a competitive population?  Didn't think so.

I'm sorry were you relevant when shadowbane had a competitive population?  Didn't think so.

Who were you and what did you do with my beer?

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

Who were you again?

If you were sitting at the table of champions you would know who I am... you clearly had no impact on shadowbane when the game was at its most populated... Which is why you cling to such poorly constructed claims.

If you were sitting at the table of champions you would know who I am... you clearly had no impact on shadowbane when the game was at its most populated... Which is why you cling to such poorly constructed claims.

I feel like I'm arguing with Pee-wee Herman and you're using the "I know you are but what am I" retort with the added sadness that you think it's actually a valid methodology with which to win a debate.

Why don't you share your SB memories which would make your posts relevant to the thread title? I'm sure you owned tons of newbs, Scorrush.

CF_Van.png

I feel like I'm arguing with Pee-wee Herman and you're using the "I know you are but what am I" retort with the added sadness that you think it's actually a valid methodology with which to win a debate.

Why don't you share your SB memories which would make your posts relevant to the thread title? I'm sure you owned tons of newbs, Scorrush.

Yea we even owned LoD... they talked about it in their little history report...  Weeeeeee

I feel like I am talking to someone who wasn't good when shadowbane was at its most populated and is desperately trying to downplay that little fact. 

Yea we even owned LoD... they talked about it in their little history report...  Weeeeeee

I feel like I am talking to someone who wasn't good when shadowbane was at its most populated and is desperately trying to downplay that little fact. 

Feel free to insult me in return, though I've made it pretty clear that I think I'm a terrible player.  :)

From page 20 of this very thread. If you can't remember two weeks ago very well, then it certainly calls the validity of your memories of 13 years ago into question, doesn't it?

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png