Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ObsLoD

Some Shadowbane reminiscing...

If you were dominant in shadowbanes most competitive era you would have seen me play...

I'm not really insulting your guild, just calling it like it is... you guys don't have a great reputation... you didn't really do much to impress people so far.

Wew lad. 

We did not impress VikingNail. Full hands on dicks. We must impress a nameless nobody who played Shadowbane for two months and is claiming he was verily a man of import. 

wew. We got this bros. 

You're irrelevant and bitterly irrelevant. You really need to just calm down bucko. Because in the whole pre-alpha relevance department. I think our multiple multiple multiple multiple did I mention multiple? How about the most out of any guild, wins as a guild surely trump the beta level 5 man carebear roleplay guilds sauntering around here thinking they're relevant. 

xctwLnf.png

And look at you taking Pre-alpha seriously. Of course. as you know from the graphic. Our guild for braggings bragsakes of brags. Thoroughly dominated PRe-alpha testing when we felt like logging in and playing the trainwreck of terrible combat that was Pre-Alpha 1.0 - 1.1

That's pretty funny. That graphic barely had more kills than deaths for whoever recorded then, as I'd expect from having seen Serrated get stomped repeatedly.

Come on back and show me I'm wrong. Tonight. Or I suppose you can pull a VN and just say: "trust me. We're good."

That's pretty funny. That graphic barely had more kills than deaths for whoever recorded then, as I'd expect from having seen Serrated get stomped repeatedly.

Come on back and show me I'm wrong. Tonight. Or I suppose you can pull a VN and just say: "trust me. We're good."

Kills/Deaths? Who cares you silly beta fool. Chest beat as you wish. Victory is victory. Take your k/d ratios back to your beta level games bae. 

And your challenge is cute. A majority of our guild has custarded off to other games while waiting to see if this game becomes anything at all. I'm surely not going to bring them back to honor fite u bro because it is utterly pointless. At some point you'll feel the daddy hooligan. 

Why not show us your 2.0 wins. I'll wait for you to surpass 100+ wins within a week. Since that is the time period of that graphic. Since you want to measure stats. Let's see the wins. Until then. You're a beta just like every other guild yipping at their betters. Once you prove you're on even footing. Then you can claim you're anything else bae. :) 

xctwLnf.png

I have to disagree Vandarr. I think SB was fairly clearly the most populated on original launch. There were also more servers at that time.

Having said that, Corruption was (my opinion) the most populated individual server launch in the game as it siphoned all of the big guilds from all of the original servers.

The launch servers topped any of the servers after that. They also could not operate for that reason. I think the peak I saw on a release server was 3500-3800 accounts active. I believe that may have been War or Scorn. Note that at server numbers like that, the servers basically had heart attacks which compounded by stability issues and bugs in the client led to those numbers dropping off very quickly. The only original server that maintained population was Mourning as all of the others were sitting around 100-250ish population by the time they were shut down.

Deception was up around 3200+ which was my very first server and Death was a little higher than that at or shortly after release. Both were my early game servers.

Now numbers is not synonymous with best competition but the release servers were the most populated by far. I didn't really play on corruption so I suppose I can't speak for that but Vengeance really sat around 2-2.5k.

Vindication was the last server with a notable population at release of the server with it hitting around 1750ish. At that point there wasn't actually a way to track active accounts through /who but that info came from the Dev(can't remember his name) that was in EB. He wasn't actively playing because he was helping with the lore launch.

C4sIZDW.gif

The launch servers topped any of the servers after that. They also could not operate for that reason. I think the peak I saw on a release server was 3500-3800 accounts active. I believe that may have been War or Scorn. Note that at server numbers like that, the servers basically had heart attacks which compounded by stability issues and bugs in the client led to those numbers dropping off very quickly. The only original server that maintained population was Mourning as all of the others were sitting around 100-250ish population by the time they were shut down.

Deception was up around 3200+ which was my very first server and Death was a little higher than that at or shortly after release. Both were my early game servers.

Now numbers is not synonymous with best competition but the release servers were the most populated by far. I didn't really play on corruption so I suppose I can't speak for that but Vengeance really sat around 2-2.5k.

Vindication was the last server with a notable population at release of the server with it hitting around 1750ish. At that point there wasn't actually a way to track active accounts through /who but that info came from the Dev(can't remember his name) that was in EB. He wasn't actively playing because he was helping with the lore launch.

Yea nothing really matched launch servers in terms of population, it isn't even really up for debate... I think sometimes people just lose objectivity because they secretly know the truth and don't want to admit that the game was much more populated at launch... which in reality means it had way more great players at launch... and great players are intuitive people, they generally aren't going to stick around when a game loses most of its playerbase and can't run smoothly. 

But then you have people that weren't able to move on and excel at other games, so they have to paint some very inaccurate narratives about how the game progressed.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

This thread has become very grouchy with lots of ego.  Sometimes, I don't think I am angry enough for CF, or at least I don't enjoy pretending like I'm angry enough.  Forum battles are strange ducks in that it seems like some people really do enjoy them. 

I soloed most of Shadowbane (*gasp*) and enjoyed the danger.  I enjoyed getting killed by Shadowclan (even joined them for a short while), being to run around as a Minotaur/centaur/druid/werewolf, and really liked how you could create an interesting character concept that didn't take too long to see completed. 

For me, I think the best character customization/progression in the history of MMOs came from Shadowbane and SWG--yet another reason that I supported and am happy to continue to support CF. 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

I'm just trying to get another guild into these tests.

You guys suck. Show me I'm wrong tonight.

Lolol. 

It was a valiant try. Let our overly skilled Regulus here dominate you. He likes to test the game all the time. But there really is no interest in doing these "tests" within Serrated on a guild level. Just our oddball or two who tests. 

xctwLnf.png

the game was much more populated at launch... which in reality means it had way more great players at launch..

This is really a ridiculous conclusion. Quite the opposite is true. At launch nobody ... I mean nobody ... really even understood how to properly build a character. Spec groups weren't really even developed yet.

Any decent Corruption guild would have absolutely walked over the beta guilds (all things being equal).

This is really a ridiculous conclusion. Quite the opposite is true. At launch nobody ... I mean nobody ... really even understood how to properly build a character. Spec groups weren't really even developed yet.

Any decent Corruption guild would have absolutely walked over the beta guilds (all things being equal).

No actually it's just that the people that did understand how to build a character... moved on when the game died... while the new people had to learn to run, and they thought no one understood before them.

If you sat at the table of champions you would know this to be true.  Anyone with any understanding of competitive metas knows that metas will shift as variables change... One meta is valid for one period, it may not be valid for another... but the best players played when the game was most populated... they dominated, and they woulda dominated every other meta, cause they are just better gamers.

If the late era nobodies were ever actually any good they would have been able to recreate their success in other games, which they obviously didn't.

I think the problem here is late era nobodies are just so desperate to believe they spent their time doing something noteworthy... when really they should step outside of their small pond... and go see how the real competitive scenes are...

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

If I could go back in time I would absolutely go to launch in 2003 and make a high def and high block character of some kind and be an absolute God.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

VN, I've seen you take some moronic positions, but the idea that you understood the game formulae in SB beta is straight BS. I doubt you could explain them now. I know, I know. Trust you, you're pro.

It makes you look really silly to everyone who actually played SB back then. I'm starting to doubt you ever played the game. Won't mention a guild. Take impossible positions. poorly made socks on every rational post.

Edited by coolwaters

VN, I've seen you take some moronic positions, but the idea that you understood the game formulae in SB beta is straight BS. I doubt you could explain them now. I know, I know. Trust you, you're pro.

It makes you look really silly to everyone who actually played SB back then. I'm starting to doubt you ever played the game. Won't mention a guild. Take impossible positions. poorly made socks on every rational post.

I'm sorry you didn't sit at the table of champions... I'm sorry your ignorance clouds your understanding of your place in the world.

You're right though I couldn't explain them now, because guess what?  Shadowbane was a flash in the pan from 2003, I dominated it, the game died, it lost most of its population and the good pvpers moved on to greener pastures... games with higher skill-ceilings and much larger competitive populations. 

Meanwhile shadowbane was like the biggest game ever in your world when it really was a game that launched, was fun for a few months, and then died for various reasons, one of which being the client itself would not work cleanly. 

As I said before people like you never understand... and really from the way you are talking it makes me think maybe crowfall pre-alpha has made you a little overconfident as well... but it's like you either know what real competition is or you don't.

There's a reason you won't see guilds like sugoi running their mouth right now... because some of their members have light competitive backgrounds, and they know the real pros would run circles around them with ease... so they won't pretend they are greater than they are.  Suh dude...

Meanwhile people like you with zero competitive experience think you can actually make a dent and were actually relevant... hell you've already shown an extreme lack of understanding in how competitive metas work which puts you below the top 25% of any competitive game. 

It's a slow burn but I've pretty much been dismantling every wannabe in this thread.  You saw vandarr freak out and irrationally claim the game wasn't at its most populated around launch.  Then you freaked out and showed that you don't really understand how metas evolve and you think that you are supposed to specifically excel at one meta, when in reality the great players excel at evolving the meta and staying on top of it.  It's not about playing one meta, it's about having the ability to adapt to any meta... that's what greatness is. 

So go ahead and think your late era tunnel vision small pond play was important, but in reality it never was.  If you weren't dominant in SB when it was at its most populated and competitive, you weren't relevant in the game.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

I think you've made your point VN. How many times do you plan to say that same thing in this thread?

I dunno I think some real healthy learning has occurred here... like vandarr just learned that the game population was much higher around launch than later periods... for some reason he didn't realize that before.  It's good to reminisce about how shadowbane actually was, especially when there are people who kinda see it in a skewed way.

Lolol. 

It was a valiant try. Let our overly skilled Regulus here dominate you. He likes to test the game all the time. But there really is no interest in doing these "tests" within Serrated on a guild level. Just our oddball or two who tests. 

Yeah, I've enjoyed fighting alongside and against W, Sugoi, MWH, etc.  Just look for the Legionnaire called Primus charging around like a spaz (spaz="overly skilled") lol...  Like Muhrder said, the vast majority of Serrated does not test much currently, but I still look forward to it.  Of course, I didn't get to test as early as most so maybe that has something to do with it. 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

It's funny how mad VN gets when he gets put down by his betters. He's raging so hard right now keys are flying off the keyboard.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

If I could go back in time I would absolutely go to launch in 2003 and make a high def and high block character of some kind and be an absolute God.

I remember one of our early dwarf priests spiking block and just standing at our tree - nobody could hit him.  Classic!

Mic MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com