Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ObsLoD

Some Shadowbane reminiscing...

Oh, what a lovely reminder into the past, myself played with FU, was with Shoon for a long time, I had one character in almost every major guild, this game gave me split personality disorder, also living in GMT was quite hard, I actually hope Crowfall will be great for one or two months and then patch it to something horrible, I love my life...

I got the link to the Vid he did of us from Vindication test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCJkuSiK8oI

Oh wow, that's them fighting us! We were the other Dwarf Charter, Ironhold I think we were called. Silver shield with black warhammer crest. 

One of our guys made some magazine style history .pdf's of our adventures on the Death server, hopefully some of you played with or against us at some point and will enjoy these.

http://www.lordsofdeath.com/history2/shadowbane_part_1.pdf

http://www.lordsofdeath.com/history2/shadowbane_part_2.pdf

Thanks very much for linking these! Unfortunately contained within is photographic evidence that I have actually fought alongside LoD and not always against as I thought, and I now feel completely tainted. I was with Sol during their war against Lok-ri and I had completely forgotten that we were allied!

Bloody good times though, so many memories!

Death was my original server and all this names sound so familiar, yet i don't remember which guild i randomly joined up with as a complete noob.  I thought the first siege on death was on Desert Rose in the middle of the desert.

I assume you're referring to the siege of Xanten? Who were you with for that?

holy crap Xanten. Day 1 i was one of the defenders (was in a carebear sub of denied then lol). That was a LONG day. it was between the 10-12 hour mark the nation leaders told us fight was over to let it go. that day hooked me on SB. total chaos, awesome fights, so much lag. lol.

Edited by squirrel

Crowfall%20Login%20BA%20sig.png

I assume you're referring to the siege of Xanten? Who were you with for that?

At the time of the Denied bane I think we still had the Morlochs Horde guild name.

holy crap Xanten. Day 1 i was one of the defenders (was in a carebear sub of denied then lol). That was a LONG day. it was between the 10-12 hour mark the nation leaders told us fight was over to let it go. that day hooked me on SB. total chaos, awesome fights, so much lag. lol.

I was hooked before the Denied bane but that is one of the few big moments I remember from those days and was one of the defining moments of my SB career.

sibcrowfall.png

The ST betrayal was funny to hear about. I was on Death at the time but not involved in that war.

I was an officer in Silent Tribe at the time, and I remember it being absolutely nuts that night. That whole guild was nuts to be part of. I regret that I kinda stopped playing after that siege.

I wish I'd filmed it or taken screenshots, too. Years later, I only half-remember it, and almost everyone still around was on the other side of the fight.

Man I hope manshoon finds out about Crowfall

me too....he nerd rages pretty good!

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

I was trying to catch names.  I didn't see a Scout sitting for stamina so I'm pretty sure I wasn't in it :P

I don't remember that fight either, don't think I was there. I know CR was subbed to us at some point during that, I don't know if it was pre/post that video. All in all, good times, good fights. Win some, lose some.

I thought Paperdoll was Silk? My memory is going bad.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

Maybe out of topic, but who the hell made the artwork for shadowbane?

I've yet to see an online game that has such dark, gritty but still mysterious, detailed and fantastic artwork. I love how its drawn. I love how the races looks, I love how armors look.

I don't remember that fight either, don't think I was there. I know CR was subbed to us at some point during that, I don't know if it was pre/post that video. All in all, good times, good fights. Win some, lose some.

I thought Paperdoll was Silk? My memory is going bad.

Negative. 100% sure it was Sasuke because I still make fun of him for it to this day.

GalG existed on that version of test with CR but we were not subbed, at least not while I was there. That was actually the first server where I kind of started playing consistently with CR. I had played with them a bit on Wrath prior but didn't join fully until that round of test.

C4sIZDW.gif

Negative. 100% sure it was Sasuke because I still make fun of him for it to this day.

GalG existed on that version of test with CR but we were not subbed, at least not while I was there. That was actually the first server where I kind of started playing consistently with CR. I had played with them a bit on Wrath prior but didn't join fully until that round of test.

It may have been after you left maybe? I know Shadey subbed to me for a bit, when we was fighting with/against China Town and when we took out Ghost of the Slaughter (Xanther's guild) with China Town (who I believe I was told turned into Hy'shen). GalG was on the other side of the map and hardly messed with me, other than some good mine fights. I didn't know Poee and co back at that time.

After I retired and left CMurder in charge, CR unsubbed and helped destroy the CoDoH cap with I think CT.

Maybe someone else remembers better, it was so long ago I might be thinking of a different test run.

Edited by Khazzeron

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

Maybe out of topic, but who the hell made the artwork for shadowbane?

I've yet to see an online game that has such dark, gritty but still mysterious, detailed and fantastic artwork. I love how its drawn. I love how the races looks, I love how armors look.

I couldn't remember so I asked Ashen about it. He said Jeff Toney (Ashton Kai) did a lot of the concept artwork. Billy Arnold (Hezreal) did a lot of the artwork as well. I'd imagine Jeff come up with the dark and gritty background for the art. Another one of the art folk was Trey Zieman.

Jeff and Billy was the primary early concept artists, and he said Jeff did most of the class/discipline concepts.

Edited by Khazzeron

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~